Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin bag companies in Dublin 7

Options
  • 06-07-2018 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I want to switch from bins to bin bags as we currently don't even half fill the bins and it is a waste of money.
    After looking on the internet I can only find Greyhound that seem to offer this service. I am currently with greyhound and have had a lot of trouble with them so would rather go with someone else to be honest! Does anyone know of any other companies that operate in Dublin 7 that use prepaid bin bags?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Get the smaller size wheely bin or just wait till it's full to go out.

I have neighbours who put the bins out religiously every week with hardly anything in them.

They get charged for each lift so I just don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭theyoungchap

Why not just wait till the bin is full?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We are in D3 and use ecoway.ie Might be worth an email or phone call to check if they cover D7. We find them very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I see bin bags outside of houses that don't have wheelie bins, and they look terrible. Even when they haven't been there that long, and the seagulls haven't gotten to them, they look as messy as illegally-dumped bags on the side of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jumpinship

Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll check out Ecoway.

Unfortunately the bins are always out as there is nowhere else for them to go so wheeling them out when full isn't really an option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

jumpinship wrote: »
    Thanks for all your suggestions, I'll check out Ecoway.

Unfortunately the bins are always out as there is nowhere else for them to go so wheeling them out when full isn't really an option.

Put a lock on them. Special type that open when truck tilts them.

As said request the smaller size bins as bags will break your heart with split bags and animals at them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Luckily ecoway collect very early in the morning, while the gulls spend the day flinging Greyhound stuff all over the street. Sometimes they don't collect until 4 in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭mvron

We're in Stoneybatter and use D City Bins. They're part of Allen Waste Removal.
    We buy household waste bag stickers from Centra on Manor Street or (the famous) Maureen's. I think they're in or around €4 for a household waste sticker and about 1/2 that for a recycling blue bag. They pick up every Tuesday along with the other service providers.
    Would totally recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PriceWatch

People should be forced to use Wheelie Bins, every day there are plastic bags all over the place in Dublin 7 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

PriceWatch wrote: »
    People should be forced to use Wheelie Bins, every day there are plastic bags all over the place in Dublin 7 :mad:

No they shouldn't. Have you tried bringing a wheelie bin through the houses in Stoneybatter? It's difficult enough - nevermind for elderly people living in the area, nevermind how much room wheelie bins will take up on the pavement out front. Bin bags are the unfortunate but best solution unless each street could have a communal waste area.

There'd be less hassle with bin bags if Greyhound provided enough bin bags in the shops week to week, and had a scheduled time to come around, rather than any time between 6am and 5.30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

OldBean wrote: »
    No they shouldn't. Have you tried bringing a wheelie bin through the houses in Stoneybatter? It's difficult enough - nevermind for elderly people living in the area, nevermind how much room wheelie bins will take up on the pavement out front. Bin bags are the unfortunate but best solution unless each street could have a communal waste area.

There'd be less hassle with bin bags if Greyhound provided enough bin bags in the shops week to week, and had a scheduled time to come around, rather than any time between 6am and 5.30pm
    And actually collected them when they were left out

To answer the op I also use D City Bins having given up on Greyhound for the reason stated above. Haven't had a problem with them as yet. The newsagent beside the NCR gate of the Phoenix Park also sells their labels and recycling bags.

Advertisement