Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Octopath Traveler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got it for E42 on Amazon, but will not have it till tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

OSI wrote: »
    Even without the pre-order Smyths is still cheaper at €50

I have a one for all 20 euro voucher though so that's why I'm going with argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Xenji wrote: »
    Got it for E42 on Amazon, but will not have it till tomorrow.

How's you manage they? It's £44 any time I've checked over the last few weeks.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How's you manage they? It's £44 any time I've checked over the last few weeks.

When it went up for pre order they were doing a spend £40 and get £5 off, plus the £2 prime discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI I just read on Reddit that there is post game content that ties everything together (info comes from a Japanese printed strategy guide). :)

There is a
    final dungeon/boss
    , apparently.

• Advertisement

• I don't want to read it but the Smiley makes me think it's a good thing :D

Yup. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck it, I bought it in Smyth's for €49.99.
    Also picked up Yoku's Island Express for €25 after Edge gave it an 8/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Feck it, I bought it in Smyth's for €49.99.
    Also picked up Yoku's Island Express for €25 after Edge gave it an 8/10.

Yah i picked it up also and bought crash bandicoot at the same time. Went in for one came out with two.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's been a while since I bought ... Ah, who am I kidding!

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great little so far,playing as the warrior,battle system is very good.

Mr E wrote: »

One thing I think is a miss with switch games is there is no book or anything in the boxes bar the cartridge, makes it seem so sparse.

• Story is more mature than I expected! Primrose especially.

I really liked the first three chapters I found. Stories are impactful, bit jrpg cliche but still do a great job giving each character I've found so far an identity.

Demo complete. Now to move my save into the full game.

Calhoun wrote: »
    One thing I think is a miss with switch games is there is no book or anything in the boxes bar the cartridge, makes it seem so sparse.

You don't get books in any box now a days, it's not just Switch.

The only place you'll find effort in that regard is Nicalis releases.
    We are a long way from a typical MD game from EA that deforested a non-insigificant portion of Scandinavia for its manuals!
    But you'd imagine Octopath would throw a map or something.
    Perhaps there's a formal art book to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    The only place you'll find effort in that regard is Nicalis releases. We are a long way from a typical MD game from EA that deforested a non-insigificant portion of Scandinavia for its manuals! But you'd imagine Octopath would throw a map or something. Perhaps there's a formal art book to come.

Ys VIII had a number of inserts:

Double-sided poster
    Three collector cards
    Reversible cover

I do miss manuals though, mostly for nostalgia. As a kid pouring over them in the car ride home building up the hype before playing.

Just picked up the game, going to start with Tressa.

You don't get books in any box now a days, it's not just Switch.

Ah I know it's just buying cartridges brings back so much nostalgia be great if they had a bit more in the boxes.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Ah I know it's just buying cartridges brings back so much nostalgia be great if they had a bit more in the boxes.

Since I got the Switch I've been on a lot more Nintendo Forums but Nintendo fans definitely love to complain (not saying that you are complaining) about such silly things.

I've seen complaints about box art, game icon art, reverse side of game covers being plain and about warning banners where downloads are needed.

• Advertisement

• Dat soundtrack in Bolderfall tho...

Since I got the Switch I've been on a lot more Nintendo Forums but Nintendo fans definitely love to complain (not saying that you are complaining) about such silly things.

I've seen complaints about box art, game icon art, reverse side of game covers being plain and about warning banners where downloads are needed.

We've seen that here too, but the lack of content in the boxes, aside from the cart itself does smack of a lack interest.
    Other formats, 3DS included, have manuals included.

It's when you open Cave Story for the Switch and are greeted with soundtrack mini CDs and a NES style manual that you realise what you are missing.

We've seen that here too, but the lack of content in the boxes, aside from the cart itself does smack of a lack interest.
    Other formats, 3DS included, have manuals included.

It's when you open Cave Story for the Switch and are greeted with soundtrack mini CDs and a NES style manual that you realise what you are missing.

Yea good point. For me though they'd stay in the box on top of the press :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure instead of the smell of the manual, you get the taste of the cartridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I just want a full on art book, love the art. Ive even seen full art pieces of all 8 characters in their alternate outfits when they take a 2nd job.

Probably best soundtrack of the year so far too!

This is probably it, but it's a tad pricey at £45.
    Octopath Traveler Complete Guide Design Material Illustrations Art Book Japan https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/475755687X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9CPsBbETKP1HP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Maybe, but the "complete guide" part makes me think its one of those strategy guide/artbook hybrids :(

This is probably it, but it's a tad pricey at £45.
    Octopath Traveler Complete Guide Design Material Illustrations Art Book Japan https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/475755687X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9CPsBbETKP1HP

Play-Asia have it for €22.21.
    Guide
    ◆ Explain the main story & boss strategy of the eight main characters.
    ◆ All the maps packed with useful information on a journey are included.
    ◆ Subquest and various data such as party chat are posted.

Setting Reference
    ◆ Explanation of OCTOPATH TRAVELER worldview setting with chronology.
    ◆ Various HD-2D Artworks and dot illustrations are included.
    ◆ Includes original TRPG replay scenario written by F.E.A.R. (FarEast Amusement Research)

https://www.play-asia.com/octopath-traveler-official-complete-guide-and-setting-materials-/13/70c1pt

Xenji wrote: »
    Just picked up the game, going to start with Tressa.

How far into it are you Xenji? I'm playing as the Olberic, only recruited two lasses so far, Primrose and Tressa , about 7 hours in, Olberic next mission is level 22 or something and I'm level 13 :eek:.

• Advertisement

How far into it are you Xenji? I'm playing as the Olberic, only recruited two lasses so far, Primrose and Tressa , about 7 hours in, Olberic next mission is level 22 or something and I'm level 13 :eek:.

Not far only about 10 hours in, picked up Olberic, Primrose and Alfyn so far, just in Bolderfall now to get Therion, not doing any other missions till I have all 8 characters.

Advertisement