Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Octopath Traveler

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Octopath Traveller is available now in Smyths for €49.99. It's available for home delivery and delivery is free if anyone is still trying to find a copy in the wild! Just ordered mine!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Haven't gone back to this in two weeks :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Finished all the Chapter 2 stories, given everyone a secondary job and some good equipment and now moving onto the Chapter 3 stories after a little bit of grinding (the lizards in the desert to the West of Wellspring are good for it). More than 40 hours and I'm taking it slow to get all I can from it. So, so good.

Does anyone roll into a new town with Olberic, Alfyn/Cyrus and Therion and begin to Steal, Enquire/Scrutinise and Challenge their way through everyone in town? I feel pretty cruel picking towns clean like that but I've gotten some of my best equipment that way and kept stocked up on grapes and herbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Rhyme wrote: »
    Finished all the Chapter 2 stories, given everyone a secondary job and some good equipment and now moving onto the Chapter 3 stories after a little bit of grinding (the lizards in the desert to the West of Wellspring are good for it). More than 40 hours and I'm taking it slow to get all I can from it. So, so good.

Does anyone roll into a new town with Olberic, Alfyn/Cyrus and Therion and begin to Steal, Enquire/Scrutinise and Challenge their way through everyone in town? I feel pretty cruel picking towns clean like that but I've gotten some of my best equipment that way and kept stocked up on grapes and herbs.

If you want to extend your gameplay then yeah go for it, but no there is no need to and except for side quests your just adding extra time on your gameplay.

If your 40 hours in and have just finished all chapter two's you are either savouring the game or just never played any of the 90s versions of the game, I have nearly finished everthing now and it looks like about 60 hours to complete it.

Xenji wrote: »
    If you want to extend your gameplay then yeah go for it, but no there is no need to and except for side quests your just adding extra time on your gameplay.

If your 40 hours in and have just finished all chapter two's you are either savouring the game or just never played any of the 90s versions of the game, I have nearly finished everthing now and it looks like about 60 hours to complete it.

Played Final Fantasy 4, 5 and 6 a lot when I was younger (especially 6) and 7, 8 and 9 were cornerstones of my teenage years. When I came back to them in my 20's that's when I started slow playthroughs, enjoying music and settings. The backdrops of 8, the music of 9 and the dialogue/atmosphere of 12 added hours and hours onto my game, same with Octopath.

Definitely savouring :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Played Final Fantasy 4, 5 and 6 a lot when I was younger (especially 6) and 7, 8 and 9 were cornerstones of my teenage years. When I came back to them in my 20's that's when I started slow playthroughs, enjoying music and settings. The backdrops of 8, the music of 9 and the dialogue/atmosphere of 12 added hours and hours onto my game, same with Octopath.

Definitely savouring :)

I woul love to savour this more, just got too much of a backlog to get through, my second playthrough I hope will be more relaxed.

Xenji wrote: »
    I woul love to savour this more, just got too much of a backlog to get through, my second playthrough I hope will be more relaxed.

I've Okami coming in August so my savouring might have to be sped up as both games are a huge time-sink, can't have them both on the go.

Now unlocking Chapter 4's and they all have the same level recommendation (
    lvl.45
    ) so it looks as if it's ramping up for an 'endgame'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Smyth's have stock back in for delivery and in some stores. Despite having a big backlog I decided to bite the bullet and order.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 WithTheRanks

Sometimes after scrutinising, robbing blind, and beating the crap out of everyone in town, I have to stop and ask "...Are we the baddies?"

I'm onto the Chapter 3s, and still really enjoying this game. The visuals, music, and combat system are great. The story/writing is a weaker element, but it's winning me over as I go on.

• Rhyme wrote: »

I've robbed all the towns blind :P

I hope there is no repercussion towards the end game lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My copy has been sitting on the shelf still in the plastic, everytime I go to play the Switch I end up having a quick blast on Hollow Knight for a few minutes that turns into two hours :pac:

Hopefully I'll get a bit of time over the long weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not getting much time with this the last week or so. The boss at the end of Ophilia's first chapter would have been a lot easier if I went to him earlier I think....genuinely took me six go's 0_0

Finished Olberic's Chapter 4 last night and it was an interesting end. Won't say much else as further stuff is hinted at.

Decided to clear up the last few side-quests before moving on to other Chapter 4's and the 'Into Thin Air' quest in the Forest Of No Return just off Victor's Hollow is an absolute bastard. Tootled my way through the forest, difficult enemies but nothing I couldn't handle and then the boss appears. Made a lot of mistakes and was badly prepared and got whupped solidly. Going to muse over how to proceed as it's either change up the squad, beef up current layout or grind for 20 minutes to get an extra level and go back in with better ideas.

Advertisement