Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm (Tamper fault)

Options
  • 06-07-2018 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hi gang
    We have recently installed a new front door and the sensor will no longer fit the new one.

When I try to set the alarm to bypass the door
    "Zone 1 Tamper" comes up.
    Basically I cannot bypass this "zone" or set the house alarm now. (The wire has been cut at the door)

How can I bypass this zone?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd be more cencerned at sorting out the problem. The front door is an important part of the system.. You could eliminate from the system by using the 1.5k resistor across the zone to close it off. But this cable problem needs to be sorted in the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

As Koolkid said, your front door is imporant, if i were you i would try and find the cable, shouldnt be to hard to find. But to close of the zone for now you will need 1.5k resistor.

Advertisement