Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card vs debit card transaction fees

Options
  • 06-07-2018 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello

Could someone tell me what are the transaction fees for using debit and credit cards locally? After all the years of having both I’m still not sure what’s better to use in stores :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi boomerek,

Thanks for your message.

There are no transaction fees on a credit card and for information on personal current account fees when using a debit card, please see here: https://goo.gl/sKxNBi

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

No transaction fees on a BOI credit card? Does that include non-euro purchases?

Ulster Bank have just started charging me non-euro transaction fees of 2% and it's made me want to switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Ulster Bank have just started charging me non-euro transaction fees of 2% and it's made me want to switch.

There would be a fee for using the card in a different currency to Euro and I've given a link here that show any of the fee's that would apply to these kinds of transactions.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

There would be a fee for using the card in a different currency to Euro and I've given a link here that show any of the fee's that would apply to these kinds of transactions.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    You're 2.25%. Sigh. Time to ditch the credit card altogether. Thanks Darren.

Advertisement