Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mathematics, where to study it in Dublin?

Options
  • 06-07-2018 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys...

I'm trying to find a place in Dublin where to study mathematics, I'm looking for a place where I can learn from the basics (very basics) to advanced. Please if you have any info about it let me know.

Thank you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Roger. wrote: »
    Hi guys...

I'm trying to find a place in Dublin where to study mathematics, I'm looking for a place where I can learn from the basics (very basics) to advanced. Please if you have any info about it let me know.

Thank you.

DIT do part time.
    Dunno what you mean by basics though?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Roger.

DIT do part time.
    Dunno what you mean by basics though?

Thanks for answering, I had always problems trying to understand maths, although I really like them, so for example few days ago I was finally able to understand how to solve a division in fractions as well as the other three basic operation between them: addition, subtraction and multiplication... So I decided I want to study maths from that level. Although I'm 34 I believe never is too late and I love learning... Hope this solve your question. I'll look the place you mentioned though and see what they offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭NiceFella

Roger. wrote:
    Thanks for answering, I had always problems trying to understand maths, although I really like them, so for example few days ago I was finally able to understand how to solve a division in fractions as well as the other three basic operation between them: addition, subtraction and multiplication... So I decided I want to study maths from that level. Although I'm 34 I believe never is too late and I love learning... Hope this solve your question. I'll look the place you mentioned though and see what they offer!

DIT have full and part time courses in Mathematical Sciences in Kevin street. I graduated from the full time course recently. It starts off slow enough with basics but there will be topics you have never seen before like linear algebra and descrete mathematics but if you put the work in and take a genuine interest it's the best course around. The lecturers are pretty sound too. And to note I was not brilliant at maths when I left school. I think it might be your best option but there might be other programs that might be a bit easier. Also if you get through the program you have a great choice in working opportunities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

To what work opportunities do you refer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I think college level might be a bit down the line for you then.
    Yould probably want a bit of grounding first. A lot of the adult further education places do leaving certificate courses in the evening (not expensive at all). I have a feeling yould be starting around junior cert level though if you are talking about division of fractions. I'm not sure but I have a feeling they do junior cycle too.

You could go online and try Khan Academy, its a little bit American but very graded from primary to beginning 3rd level. Don't just watch though, buy a hardback copy book and do the maths as you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Roger.

Thank you all!

@evolving_doors I'm in fact doing some of the Khan Academy lessons! SO far I found them great and for the level I was aiming for! Later if I decide I want to move forward in the field I might consider the DIT option.

Advertisement