Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor referral time

Options
  • 06-07-2018 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly can't find an appropriate forum for this

Doctor apparently referred me to St James for some moles to be removed (scabby and irregular)
    This was a month ago and I expected to have something from the hospital by now if even to just acknowledge the referral but so far nada

Does anyone know how long this normally takes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,798 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

fritzelly wrote: »
    Firstly can't find an appropriate forum for this

Doctor apparently referred me to St James for some moles to be removed (scabby and irregular)
    This was a month ago and I expected to have something from the hospital by now if even to just acknowledge the referral but so far nada

Does anyone know how long this normally takes?
    Is it private or public?
    Mine was 4 months but got appointment earlier by saying I would take any cancellation as I live near by.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

If you're public, then anywhere from months to years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's public but would have thought possible cancerous moles may have a sense of urgency for a looksee at least

Doc did say when you get the first letter from the hospital then forward to him and he will get it escalated as being more urgent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

It's public but would have thought possible cancerous moles may have a sense of urgency for a looksee at least

Doc did say when you get the first letter from the hospital then forward to him and he will get it escalated as being more urgent

If your GP was worried about them initially, maybe leave a message with them Monday next week to say you haven’t got an appointment yet

Got letter this morning for an appointment for 2 weeks time - doesn't say if its just a consultation or gonna operate on the day and impossible to get thru to them on the phone
    Should I assume a consultation? Surprised its so soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote: »

Thought for this maybe they would just do the removal on the docs referral to be removed. Still take the whole day off work anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Got letter this morning for an appointment for 2 weeks time - doesn't say if its just a consultation or gonna operate on the day and impossible to get thru to them on the phone
    Should I assume a consultation? Surprised its so soon.

Yep consultation only.

Finally got thru and its a consult and told to expect to be waiting up to 2 hours ffs and probably a 2 min look.
    Whilst saying on the same letter don't arrive more than 10 mins before the appointment.

• Advertisement

Advertisement