Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sagarmatha Kitchen Swords - Gone?

• 06-07-2018 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭

I get to pass these once a month (twice if I am lucky), and live too far for them to deliver. Tonight I went to order for collection and it looks like it may be closed.
    Gutted if it is. I loved it.
    I was talking to one of them around February and he told me that their rent was high.

Does anyone know if it is gone? Or better yet, if it has moved somewhere else?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Oh no!! That's my favourite takeaway - AND I have a €50 voucher :eek::confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I passed by last night and it was closed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I rang and got a recorded message from Eir that the number is not in service...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ahh.... Feck.

I had heard that they were having trouble with rent. I guess I thought things had picked up since then. Hopefully they are just moving premises, I also found them very friendly. But the food is/was amazing. Love(d) it.

Hope it's not gone.

It's a terrible pity and as you said hopefully they'll relocate. The food was exceptional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's a terrible pity and as you said hopefully they'll relocate. The food was exceptional.

I ate inside a couple of times, we were the only people in there, that particular unit has been a graveyard for restaurants over the past few years, its a real shame as the food was very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Main st. has improved a lot in the last 3 years, but still a bit of work to do, to make it a focal point for the large population living within a few minutes drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Main st. has improved a lot in the last 3 years, but still a bit of work to do, to make it a focal point for the large population living within a few minutes drive.

I think they should pedestrianise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Inquitus wrote: »
    I think they should pedestrianise it.

Don't think so. Traffic is already shocking as it is. It's paying the price of the planning screw ups of the last 25 years. But it is good to see the flowers and new shop fronts emerge recently to try reverse the decline. Tidy town folks deserve a shout out also.

Just needs those last few units occupied and a bit more footfall given the size of the town. It needs to be super easy to park/get a local bus to encourage this more.

Certainly don't need exhorbitant rent and rates as if we haven't learned anything from the recent past.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Real shame, really liked this place. Their Royal Chicken was fantastic. The staff were always really friendly. It was always empty when we went there and I presumed they survived through takeaway.

• Advertisement

Is there a "takeaway park" somewhere around there?
    I was talking to somebody else about it and they suggested that it was possible that they could move to somewhere relatively near there, where apparently many takeaways operate from.
    I've never seen that place, but if they did become a takeaway it's unlikely the food would be as nice, although still willing to give it a try :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The little industrial estate at the end of North St has several take-aways in it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Groupon are running a promotion for Sagarmatha at the minute, they mustn't have let them know they've closed. I've emailed them.

Groupon are running a promotion for Sagarmatha at the minute, they mustn't have let them know they've closed. I've emailed them.

:|

I'll buy one anyway, close my eyes tightly, cross my fingers and wish. :D

I already have a voucher :(

Tell you what - if they reopen elsewhere I'll be brandishing it.

Advertisement