Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing issue

Options
  • 06-07-2018 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

HI everyone

I seem to be having an issue sharing from my pc with windows 10 build 1803 to my media player downstairs connected to my TV.

This has worked fine on windows 7 on my laptop for years.

OK so I right click on the folder I want to share pick properties and then sharing...go to advanced sharing set permissions to full under the user account name..and give full control ..when I click apply and ok I go back to the sharing option..and can see the path network/computer name/folder I want to share and then when I turn on my media device downstairs and go to videos ...network..there is no shared computer ...

I've tried a lot of things but this driving me insane..is it a windows issue or the media player.

I connected to both devices over ether net. .

Any help.would be appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

Advertisement