Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it cos I is black?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Yes we will. Already the Quango sector, with broad media and official backing, has been campaigning for legislation that will enable such racial and ethnic divisions. The judiciary are well behind it, if you read the article you see the judge sympathise with Dion that he can't give him money and bemoan the lack of legislation making racial profiling a tort.

Got in one....or a few steps to One.

As a serving Students Union prez (albeit in Maynooth) our lad has his finger on the pulse of how to get on board a gravy-train(tram?) at the earliest opportunity.

This may be the first tick on a box-ticking excercise,which will eventually see Diop surface on Radio and TV clips as a spokesperson for some oppressed,discriminated or otherwise disaffected group or groups (it's a fast growing business).

He has laid out his stall in a highly focused manner,and most media researchers will now be aware of his (slightly unique) name and his crusade against our uncaring,racist Irish society....it's only a matter of time before Diop resurfaces to lecture us again ;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

I once had a bad experience with this ignorant fat bitch who kept queue jumping at a school PTA meeting, she would hover around and simply force her way to the front of any queue that was infront of the teachers.
    I saw this several times and when she did it to me, I stood my ground! and the poor teacher had both of us in front of him!
    I apologised and said that this woman had been jumping queues all over the place, she came back with with "is this because I'm black!",I said "no , you're just an ignorant queue jumper" Her poor daughter was so embarrassed and told her mum to "drop it".
    Playing the race card is not an excuse for bad manners

Anyway, the teacher agreed with me and we then spoke about my daughter's school year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

He was just looking for easy money, thankfully the judge saw through his bs story.

It's a life lesson for him, at least now he knows if he wants 75 k he needs to earn it.

He wasn't looking for money at all. €75000 is the most the district courts can award in these cases, that why that figure was used. All the Mr. Doip was seeking was an apology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

thebull85 wrote: »
    DEPORT

Deport him from Kildare to Tallaght?
    He's an Irish born citizen with Irish family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Poor kid, a student stoner who wanted to buy more weed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,274 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

He wasn't looking for money at all. €75000 is the most the district courts can award in these cases, that why that figure was used. All the Mr. Doip was seeking was an apology.

Me bollix.

He could have written a strongly worded letter and stuck it into the university newspapers if he only wanted an apology

Advertisement