Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Load Factors?

Options
  • 07-07-2018 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭

Hi

Now that we have 2 established direct routes to China ( long overdue IMO) I was wondering how the load figures are panning out? And if the figures are good, what other routes have been hit? Hard to see the 3 ME airlines keeping up their ( in the main ) twice per day departures ( and wasn't there some sort of whisper that Emirates are looking at a 3rd departure?) if their load figures are hit by the direct routes to China.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I looked at a staff booking site for DUBHKG, for the flights that i looked at, they had 90% full in economy, business didn't look so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

smurfjed wrote: »
    I looked at a staff booking site for DUBHKG, for the flights that i looked at, they had 90% full in economy, business didn't look so good.

I guess 90% is decent and acceptable? The main reason I asked is because lately I have heard Hainan ads running on the radio a lot, worried that they're load factor is not as expected?

Where have these people appeared from? The ME 3? Personally, we fly to BKK at least once/pa, but HK is too far onwards to make it economical, but I sure would imagine anyone flying to Aus/NZ have a great option /s now flying via HK or Beijing?

Thanks Smurfjed for the prompt feedback:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

smurfjed wrote: »

Presumably business gets booked up a lot closer to travel date.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Biz does get booked closer in but good biz loads are essential for the viability of these services

Advertisement