Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi to Croom

• 07-07-2018 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Who does the cheapest taxis to Croom from Limerick?

Are there any set price taxi companies around and where could I find their fares?

I read here about the Swifty app and that you can check fares on it but I don't see anywhere in the app that I can check fares.

Is there not enough people from the area going home late on a Friday/Saturday night that a bus could be organised?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Dracula!

limktime wrote: »

Are there any set price taxi companies around and where could I find their fares?

I read here about the Swifty app and that you can check fares on it but I don't see anywhere in the app that I can check fares.

Is there not enough people from the area going home late on a Friday/Saturday night that a bus could be organised?

Thanks in advance

The cheapest is approx 25 Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Thanks in advance
    Not trying to have a go at you, but seriously....would you fancy getting even 12 (or so) drunk people (who aren't even out together) to meet up at a certain time and place on a Saturday Night ?
    If so, perhaps you could book a Minibus yourself and be prepared to cover the cost....I wouldn't :).

Limerick to Croom is around €40 (+ any extras) at night. With 2 people that's €20 each. Price a room at Limerick City Hotel (old Jury's Inn)or The Pier Hotel. It works out considerably more expensive.

There are no Set/Fixed Price Taxi Companies in Limerick (or practically anywhere in Ireland). All Taxis charge the Meter Rate. The site below will give you an Estimate.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/taxi/taxi-fare-estimator/

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭limktime

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Not trying to have a go at you, but seriously....would you fancy getting even 12 (or so) drunk people (who aren't even out together) to meet up at a certain time and place on a Saturday Night ?
    If so, perhaps you could book a Minibus yourself and be prepared to cover the cost....I wouldn't :).

Limerick to Croom is around €40 (+ any extras) at night. With 2 people that's €20 each. Price a room at Limerick City Hotel (old Jury's Inn)or The Pier Hotel. It works out considerably more expensive.

There are no Set/Fixed Price Taxi Companies in Limerick (or practically anywhere in Ireland). All Taxis charge the Meter Rate. The site below will give you an Estimate

To be fair, I just asked the question being unsure of the demand.

I got an email response from a taxi company saying a driver would do it for €25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭893bet

To be fair, I just asked the question being unsure of the demand.

I got an email response from a taxi company saying a driver would do it for €25.

Not sure if 25 would be accurate late on a Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭limktime

893bet wrote: »
    Not sure if 25 would be accurate late on a Saturday night?

Good to know. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement