Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 Baseband failure (dead!)

Options
  • 07-07-2018 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Discovered that my iPhone 6 has baseband failure, can’t get a cellular signal, some chip on the motherboard kaput.
    I’ve managed to get a free iPhone 8 out of Vodafone as an upgrade so I have this iPhone 6 to play with.
    Every thing else works, all WiFi base calls apps etc.
    Is there anything I could do with it that would be fun? I don’t have an iMac I do have an iPad . Can I jailbreak it or anything else?
    I’m currently using it to cast to Apple TV , cydia and iPAWiND apps, kodi etc
    Any thing else ye would do with it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi
    Discovered that my iPhone 6 has baseband failure, can’t get a cellular signal, some chip on the motherboard kaput.
    I’ve managed to get a free iPhone 8 out of Vodafone as an upgrade so I have this iPhone 6 to play with.
    Every thing else works, all WiFi base calls apps etc.
    Is there anything I could do with it that would be fun? I don’t have an iMac I do have an iPad . Can I jailbreak it or anything else?
    I’m currently using it to cast to Apple TV , cydia and iPAWiND apps, kodi etc
    Any thing else ye would do with it?

Thanks

Not sure about jailbreaking, I think that only works on older versions of iOS11. So, if you updated the software recently you might not have that option. TBH if you have an 8 and an iPad, there's not much advantage in having the 6 as well. If it was me, I'd either sell it or give it to one of my kids (as it's basically an iPod Touch).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I was just going to say, use it as an iPod/podcast player for the car.

Advertisement