Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on opening a small garage.

Options
  • 07-07-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm starting up a small mechanic garage. As I have been employed as a mechanic for the last 15 years, I don't have any experience in opening my own garage or how to run the business. I would appreciate any advice or recommendation of good books or websites that could help me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,504 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Contact your local enterprise centre, no magic wands but a good place to start and they do courses on keeping business accounts etc. They can also help with info about loans and grants and how to approach banks, and generally make contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Do the start your own business course with Enterprise Ireland, https://www.localenterprise.ie/Discover-Business-Supports/Training-Programmes/Start-Your-Own-Business-Programme/

While your waiting try to put together a cash flow statement as it's the most important thing starting off.

Don't let anyone drive off without you getting paid. No credit until your can afford to give it and then No credit anyway as you'll have a pain in your ass chasing guys and you'll never see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wishful8

Thanks. Will check out that course

Advertisement