Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting crows.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jackdaw89

Thats your first mistake you never look at the bead.

Its like shooting with an eye closed! It will work but only so much. Its ok if you your head is mounted properly but can you mount the gun in that exact spot in a split second. Thats where gun fit comes in.

I don’t look at the bead I was just saying when you size up a shotgun I think the best indication of good fit is eye straight down the barrel and bang on the bead , shooting I only watch the bird. A custome made shotgun isn’t much good if you can’t mount and fire the gun consistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Jackdaw89 wrote: »
    I don’t look at the bead I was just saying when you size up a shotgun I think the best indication of good fit is eye straight down the barrel and bang on the bead , shooting I only watch the bird. A custome made shotgun isn’t much good if you can’t mount and fire the gun consistently.

But your perfect mount will come from perfwct gun fitment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭270WIN

Jackdaw89 wrote: »

I used to always look straight level down the barrel for years and my shooting was always only average,,a clay shot was talking to me one day and told me my head was too low on the stock..he put 2 one euro coins stacked on the breech end and told me to look barely out over them at the bead...that should be your sight picture he said.My shooting improved straight away and i have always looked slightly down on the barrel since. When your head is slightly high on the stock you get a much better view of the bird and are not inclined to lift your head completely when shooting game or clays. Worked for me anyway!!

Advertisement