Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Line down for 2 days, technician says work won't even begin for another 5 days

Options
  • 07-07-2018 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

On Thursday afternoon, the phone line on the main road in my area went down, guessing a tractor hit it or something. It was noticed after a few minutes and promptly reported. The entire area is without phone and broadband service, the mobile signal in the area is relatively poor so this is an unacceptable situation to continue for too long. A technician or customer rep, not too sure which came by on Friday evening to say no work would be carried out until Wednesday. There are several dozen houses now without service, including elderly people who live alone. We haven't seen an Eir van even come out to check the line, I'm pretty sure one of the neighbours had to take it off the road and lay it in the ditch.
    The lack of response by Eir on this is shocking, we are not living in the middle of nowhere. We are 7 miles from Cork City and on the main Glenville road, the R614.
    Eir's reputation in the area is already poor, they brought FTTH to within 50M of that line break, about 200M from all the houses. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    On Thursday afternoon, the phone line on the main road in my area went down, guessing a tractor hit it or something. It was noticed after a few minutes and promptly reported. The entire area is without phone and broadband service, the mobile signal in the area is relatively poor so this is an unacceptable situation to continue for too long. A technician or customer rep, not too sure which came by on Friday evening to say no work would be carried out until Wednesday. There are several dozen houses now without service, including elderly people who live alone. We haven't seen an Eir van even come out to check the line, I'm pretty sure one of the neighbours had to take it off the road and lay it in the ditch.
    The lack of response by Eir on this is shocking, we are not living in the middle of nowhere. We are 7 miles from Cork City and on the main Glenville road, the R614.
    Eir's reputation in the area is already poor, they brought FTTH to within 50M of that line break, about 200M from all the houses. 

Hate to break it to you but I've just come off a 33 day break in service
    Ringing every three days, being told a diff story each time

One morning a KN engineer shows up on my door step, does a temp fix in 8 mins, says he was only allocated the job that morning, fixed fully two days later in the space of three hours.
    Eir don't know how to tell the truth. Sorry I ever left sky for my broadband cuz believe it or not it was ten times more stable and reliable than it is with eir who OWN the line.

Hope it doesn't take as long, only advice is ring every day, and note a name and their excuse at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Hi PaulRyan97, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me the fault reference number, name, full address and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement