Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for up-to-date Reviews on Window Suppliers for a New Build

Options
  • 07-07-2018 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am currently getting quotes for windows for a new self build home, 2300 sq ft, starting site clearance in a few weeks. Looking to have a U Value of 1.2 or nearest match. I am looking for feedback from people who have used window suppliers that they would recommend or not recommend. Have not yet decided if we are going for Aluclad, or PVC but likely the latter due to cost. Our windows are all quite basic, very large but all rectangular so no curved tops etc. so should be straightforward enough ... I hope.

Munster Joinery have a lot of negative reviews out there though some of it seems to be based on fitting, and some is outdated also so I'd be particularly interested in any recent reviews of them, they seemed to have upped their game in terms of having some of the most high spec windows from an energy efficiency perspective which is appealing at the moment.

I am just looking for a good quality product, that lasts and fair support service. Getting prices from Munster Joinery, Senator, Hilltop Windows up the north, and Rationel so far but open to any other recommendations.

Any advice and feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

recommendation/comment (as per the forum charter) by private message thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Might be an idea to put up location...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HayDay18

We're in the Cavan/Monaghan area. Most suppliers seem to deliver nationwide so I don't imagine that would be too much of a deciding factor. I particularly want to hear about experiences with the companies listed or any good recommendations. Thanks

Advertisement