Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea trout fishing Doonbeg river

Options
  • 07-07-2018 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello,

Can't seem to find any info on sea trout fishing in Doonbeg river online. Reading from Peter Reilly's book on the rivers of Ireland he gives it good mention in particular for sea trout. Im going down tomorrow for a Sunday drive and a stroll anyway but Just wondering does anyone on here have info on same?

Regards,

Nash

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Fred Nash wrote: »
    Hello,

Can't seem to find any info on sea trout fishing in Doonbeg river online. Reading from Peter Reilly's book on the rivers of Ireland he gives it good mention in particular for sea trout. Im going down tomorrow for a Sunday drive and a stroll anyway but Just wondering does anyone on here have info on same?

Regards,

Nash

I'd imagine the river is too low at the moment to be worth fishing, like everywhere else. I fished it once for a couple of hours many years ago and had a couple of finnock but nothing bigger. It's closed for salmon fishing now so if you do fish it make sure you're using single barbless hooks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Only seen this now, it's great for dry fly fishing for Sea trout....
    Maybe in august

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fred Nash

nthclare wrote: »
    Only seen this now, it's great for dry fly fishing for Sea trout....
    Maybe in august

Well, ya I was down in Doonbeg yesterday and as with all the rivers in the country it's in need of rain but Def something I may try when the levels come up in August. Tell me this, where roughly do you recommend fishing ? Like if you had to pick between areas? Not looking for an exact favourite spot just a rough guide.
    Cheers

Advertisement