Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection

• 07-07-2018 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    Myself and my partner have recently gone sale agreed on a property, things moved faster than we expected and the venders wish to sign in 2 weeks.

We are only getting the mortgage protection in place now and they are looking for certs off our Gp's. my question is would this be enough time to close with the protection delay, anyone with experience on how long these take when it goes to a GP.

Nothing major health wise, slight high cholesterol but both fit and healthy in early 30's
    don't mind paying slightly higher premium we just don't want to be denied a policy and ruining our chances of getting our home.

What happens if we can't secure it in time? this really should be law when applying for a mortgage if it's that big of a deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 anonymous08

Hi,
    Myself and my partner have recently gone sale agreed on a property, things moved faster than we expected and the venders wish to sign in 2 weeks.

We are only getting the mortgage protection in place now and they are looking for certs off our Gp's. my question is would this be enough time to close with the protection delay, anyone with experience on how long these take when it goes to a GP.

Nothing major health wise, slight high cholesterol but both fit and healthy in early 30's
    don't mind paying slightly higher premium we just don't want to be denied a policy and ruining our chances of getting our home.

What happens if we can't secure it in time? this really should be law when applying for a mortgage if it's that big of a deal

if you don't have pre existing conditions it will make it much simpler for you.

Would recommend that you really micromanage it check with GPs did they get the forms, when they will have response back to insurance company. check with insurance company did they get the responses. make clear to them that it's urgent and ask that they prioritise it

Advertisement