Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao round A offer do i accept

Options
  • 07-07-2018 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Ive recieved a round A offer , if i accept will i recieve further offers in rounds one and two , its a level 7 and quite low on my list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Weisfjord

I'm in the same predicament as yourself. Seemingly, we will only be offered a higher ranked course after round A if there's a place available from our higher ranked courses and we won't receive an offer from our lower choices but unfortunately I could be completely wrong on that assumption.

Some clarification of this issue would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sderref

https://www.cao.ie/handbook.php?page=17

Yes, you are right.
    'Accepting a lower preference course in an earlier Offer Round will not prevent you from receiving an offer in a subsequent round of a course higher up on your course choices list if you are deemed eligible. Should a place become available in a later round, and if you are entitled to this place, you may receive an offer which you can choose to accept or ignore. Accepting the new offer will automatically cancel the previous acceptance. '

Best of luck!

Advertisement