Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackcurrant bush

Options
  • 07-07-2018 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all, I bought a bush a good few months back. Just wondering wjen it should fruit? Leaves are green but no fruit appearing. Not 100% of its planted correctly(in a pot not directly into the ground) Watered every evening and fed once a week
    A few weeks back there looked to be dried withered berries along the main stem of the bush but nothing since.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

Ive been picking the fruit off mine over the last week. Plenty fruit on them.

Is yours getting plenty of sun?

Edit: just saw update about it being planted in a pot. Id say it needs planted in the ground for the roots to get the water and soil the plant needs to produce the most fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭blackbox

Phenix wrote: »
    Hi all, I bought a bush a good few months back. Just wondering wjen it should fruit? Leaves are green but no fruit appearing. Not 100% of its planted correctly(in a pot not directly into the ground) Watered every evening and fed once a week
    A few weeks back there looked to be dried withered berries along the main stem of the bush but nothing since.

You're going to have to wait until next year, I'm afraid. As above, better to plant it out but best if you wait until the leaves drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Phenix

Thanks for the replies. I'll plant in the ground and keep my fingers crossed for next year:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Phenix wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I'll plant in the ground and keep my fingers crossed for next year:)

I've black, white and red currants which are all dripping with fruit but it took a couple of years for the big crops.

Advertisement