Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amtrak

• 07-07-2018 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

Hi

I want to take a train from Washington to New York In august.

Would I be better to buy the ticket in advance, would it be cheaper or would it be okay to buy it when I land in Washington.

Where is the best place to buyamtrak tickets or is there a choice of train companies you can use.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dennyk

Buying 'em direct from Amtrak is the best option, and buying online in advance will almost always be cheaper. There is no other option for that route except Amtrak; outside of a few parts of New England that are served by local transit authority commuter rail services, Amtrak is really the only passenger rail service in the lower 48 for intercity travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

tretorn wrote: »
    Hi

I want to take a train from Washington to New York In august.

Would I be better to buy the ticket in advance, would it be cheaper or would it be okay to buy it when I land in Washington.

Where is the best place to buyamtrak tickets or is there a choice of train companies you can use.

Did that journey last year, bought in advance on amtrak.com. Straightforwardd process and checkin process when you arrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

When purchasing online in advance, have a look at the Acela Express Service. For a few dollars extra you get a quicker journey time and comfortable seating. Also if you have a lot of luggage think about using the Red Cap service. They put your bags on the train for you and get you seated before the rest of passengers. All done for tips of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Thanks a million for your help.

Advertisement