Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage cyclist dies after colliding with car

Options
  • 07-07-2018 8:19pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A TEENAGE boy has died after his bike collided with a car earlier this week.

The 16 year old died in hospital today following the traffic collision in Co. Kildare last Tuesday.

The boy was cycling at Oughterard, Straffan at 4.50pm on Tuesday, when he was involved in a collision with a car.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/teenage-cyclist-dies-after-colliding-with-car-37091259.html

mod note - usual rules apply; no speculation about cause or blame, please stick to verified information and condolences

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Sal Butamol

Awful news.

I have to say as someone who has only recently returned to cycling I find it very intimidating on the roads these days compared to when I was a teenager. (in my thirties now)

Obviously accidents can and will happen but the state of our roads and the speed at which some drive on backroads makes for some very uncomfortable days on the saddle.

On the flipside, I see some cyclists do some really stupid and dangerous things too.

We badly need to invest in more cycle friendly infrastructure. All over the country.

That poor kids family must be devastated, and the drivers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Terribly sad. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

RIP. Thoughts are with both families and the driver

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

RIP young man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

So sad, RIP young lad and commiserations to his family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

RIP and condolences to his friends and family.

Advertisement