Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red wood tree's

Options
  • 08-07-2018 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I was just wondering the yearly growth of a young giant sequoia? I planted 3 of them this year. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Not that fast until established. If you want a really fast grower then the Dawn Redwood, Metasequoia glyptostroboides is top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

I'd be more worried about keeping them alive for now. If you haven't done something similar already insert a 2 litre bottle or such with the bottom cut off a few inches into the soil beside them and fill it up every couple of days. The water will then percolate down to where it's needed. As My3cents says they won't do much this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Derek YZF

I'd be more worried about keeping them alive for now. If you haven't done something similar already insert a 2 litre bottle or such with the bottom cut off a few inches into the soil beside them and fill it up every couple of days. The water will then percolate down to where it's needed. As My3cents says they won't do much this year.
    thanks for advice. I've only planted one of them in the spring, the other 2 are in pots. Won't plant them out till September. I give it a good drink every 4 to 5days & it's thriving. It's after doubling in with & girth

Advertisement