Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysterious white pipe in attic & pos. new toilet

• 08-07-2018 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I was hoping somebody might have a little insight about what the large vertical white pipe is in the middle of these attached photos?

There is a shower room (with toilet) directly below it. We had been hoping to put a small bathroom in our attic, and I wondered if this might work as the outflow for a macerated toilet, or sink?

The bathroom below is heavily tiled, and I was hoping not to disturb that.

Thanks a mil for any help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It is set up to allow air into the bathroom drainage pipework without odours escaping, hence the little device on the top of it (Durko Valve).
    It may be possible to use it, but I would be very very wary and would be inclined to test it first by setting up a large funnel on the top of the pipe and pouring a few buckets of water down it while checking for any backwashing into the shower or bath traps below.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OneManNoDucks

Thanks K.Flyer! I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

Advertisement