Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclub during pregnancy

Options
  • 08-07-2018 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Quick question - have any of you gone to nightclubs in the very early stages of pregnancy?

I have been invited to a 30th in 2 weeks and I can't NOT go... (it's a close friend of myself and my husband) - but he is just having it in a bar and then on to a club... greeeeat!! :(

Obviously I won't be drinking but just wondering about safety of going into a club during first trimester... I can't get out of the stupid thing unfortunately!!

Would love to hear from women who had to go to events like this in early stages of pregnancy... How did you find the whole thing?

Thanks guys

Kelly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Went to a few in first tri no bother. Baby is well protected inside your pelvis at that stage so there's no worry about drunks falling on your tummy.

Main issue for me was just the exhaustion and sickness and being able for a late night of dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Yeah you should be fine but the tiredness is the hardest! Could you make an excuse about the following day that might justify you leaving early? Go to the bar and skip the club? You'll thank yourself the next day and your friend will probably be so busy with everyone they won't mind too much but will be happy that you came at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Foxychick

Ya been to nightclub with first pregnancy and with this one. Couldn't avoid certain events to be honest I found it grand. First trimester i wouldn't worry about it at all. Second and third i would not go often due to noise level. I was at a hen when 35 weeks pregnant last time and was one of the last to head home. It all depends on ur energy levels was out last night at something I could not avoid and I'm only in my second trimester I wanted to cry with tiredness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

If you can stomach it, get non-alcoholic beer at the bar and pour it into a pint-glass, no one will be the wiser. As for worrying abour roudy surrounds, you can always hang out near seats, the fetus at this stage won't be bothered by noise either, so don't worry about loud music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Went during the 1st and 2nd trimester. It no less safe than doing anything else in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement