Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

briggs and stratton try3.5 engine problem. ..

Options
  • 08-07-2018 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Ok, so my petrol mower usually never lets me down but recently it would go for about 10 seconds and stop. I'd prime it with the little rubber button and start it, and sametagain.
    Then before it would cut out id prime it while running to give it fuel, but got tired of this obviously!
    So I cleaned the carburetor and then fuel started leaking from the primer button. I gather the engine was then being flooded as it just wouldn't start
    Anyone know whats going on here??
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Ok, so my petrol mower usually never lets me down but recently it would go for about 10 seconds and stop. I'd prime it with the little rubber button and start it, and sametagain.
    Then before it would cut out id prime it while running to give it fuel, but got tired of this obviously!
    So I cleaned the carburetor and then fuel started leaking from the primer button. I gather the engine was then being flooded as it just wouldn't start
    Many thanks.

What make is the mower. Them engines goninto a few

Many thanks.

The primer button is perished and needs to be replaced

Advertisement