Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Fabianski

Cedric
    TAA
    Wan-Bissaka

Salah
    Miki
    Neves
    De Bryune

Firmino
    Kane
    Arnie

Patricio Stephens Daniels Zanka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is Forster injured?

Nope, just ****e.

Southampton have spent decent money on Gunn anyway so while McCarthy looked nailed on at the time of writing - not so much now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Am I missing something here? Is Wan Bissaka a known starter? I see him in a lot of teams in a first XI.

Am I missing something here? Is Wan Bissaka a known starter? I see him in a lot of teams in a first XI.

Yeah. I believe he’s started 4 of their preseason games.

But I’m the same guy that told you Quaner was a starter. Although I did read he’d started 2-3 of their games.

Wan Bissaka will be in everyone’s team within 2-3 weeks as the 4.0m playing defender. So he could see a few price rises quite early.

Yeah. I believe he’s started 4 of their preseason games.

But I’m the same guy that told you Quaner was a starter. Although I did read he’d started 2-3 of their games.

Wan Bissaka will be in everyone’s team within 2-3 weeks as the 4.0m playing defender. So he could see a few price rises quite early.

I can understand him being in the team as a potential starter based on pre season. But I don't think I can put him in my XI.
    Playing LB means he's behind Schlupp and Ward? Pretty sure Kelly is the RB.

I also have Bednarak in my team so two 4.0m defenders seems risky for me

• Advertisement

I can understand him being in the team as a potential starter based on pre season. But I don't think I can put him in my XI.
    Playing LB means he's behind Schlupp and Ward? Pretty sure Kelly is the RB.

I also have Bednarak in my team so two 4.0m defenders seems risky for me

Wan-Bissaka looks to be currently ahead of Kelly for the RB slot.

PVA is the nailed on LB and I think Schlupp has been getting games pre-season OOP on the left of midfield.

Bednarak could be at risk as they’ve just spent about £18 on a new CB iirc.

Edit - I think we could find at least 2 regular playing 4.0m defenders within the first 2-3 weeks. My plan is to have 3 and rotate in the best fixture each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I've 3 drafts on the go, setting up for GW 1-13, 1-5 and 1-8. Not sure yet what option to go.

Current 1-5 set up is

Foster
    Mendy Robertson Luiz
    Mata Pedro Sane Salah
    Long Aubayang Tosun

Subs Speroni Cairney Wan Bissaka Benarek

1m in the bank.

PVA is the nailed on LB and I think Schlupp has been getting games pre-season OOP of the left of midfield.

Edit - I think we could find at least 2 regular playing 4.0m defenders within the first 2-3 weeks. My plan is to have 3 and rotate in the best fixture each week.

Christ it's early got my RB and LBs mixed up

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    I've 3 drafts on the go, setting up for GW 1-13, 1-5 and 1-8. Not sure yet what option to go.

Current 1-5 set up is

Foster
    Mendy Robertson Luiz
    Mata Pedro Sane Salah
    Long Aubayang Tosun

Subs Speroni Cairney Wan Bissaka Benarek

1m in the bank.

Is that Shane Long? Use the 1M ITB to get him as far out of there as possible imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

My latest draft has no City. Am I mad? Then plan a - 4 for GW2 and being in 2 city V hudders

Rotation is the enemy of FPL planning. I would never take a -4 to get City players in. In fact I don't even have any City players at all. Which is probably a fatal mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Rotation is the enemy of FPL planning. I would never take a -4 to get City players in. In fact I don't even have any City players at all. Which is probably a fatal mistake.

I took Sanchez back out again last night and brought Mahrez in
    Already looking at reversing it LOL

Also united played 352 again with Shaw left wing back
    Also took him out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

PVA is the nailed on LB and I think Schlupp has been getting games pre-season OOP on the left of midfield.

I’m on
    Bennet
    Wan-Bis
    Peltier (tho I see he’s now yellow flagged)
    Lowe
    Mee

With 2 x 4.5 keepers also

I have Fabianski who’s the best keeper 4.5 or under to pair him with do people think?

Is that Shane Long? Use the 1M ITB to get him as far out of there as possible imo.

sorry, meant King from Bournemouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

sorry, meant King from Bournemouth

I have him in now as well
    As long as he stays up front I'll probably stick with him
    It's him , wood or Austin or just go back to quaner

Sanchez is back in and staying . He has been razor sharp in preseason despite all uniteds toils
    I'll go with my gut on this one
    And he is a very very easy downgrade to any city midfielder then

I have a nice spread of prices in midfield now as well to allow more flexibility
    Salah Sanchez siggy gudmonnson cairney
    Gudmonnson and cairney could become deulofeu and 4.5

My team structure is almost done now it's just a case of choosing the 5.5 ml defender out of the likes of Pva ,Coleman , Luiz, Bailly and the 5ml defender (might even just get a second 4.5) out of Shaw, Burnley , perhaps TAA but Clyne a worry, Sahko also of interest if I don't go for pva

Aguero is back in too. I'll stick with him only from city attack for first week .And sure Mendy is !ore or less an attacker too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I have Fabianski who’s the best keeper 4.5 or under to pair him with do people think?

I think Foster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭boccy23

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think Foster.

I have him with Patricio from Wolves.

At the moment I’m on

Foster & Fabianksi
    Wan-Bis Peltier Bennet Lowe Mee
    Sanchez Salah Rambo Sane Cairney
    PEA Zaha Austin

Both keepers are 4.5 and should both be number 1’s at their clubs. imo there is no point having one of them and say De Gea as you’ll never drop De Gea

My back line is like something you’d get on a Thursday morning in Aldi
    Lowe Mee and 1 other will start the majority of games and by going this route I save money for other 8 players.

In midfield I went for 4 big hitters who will start for me and Cairney, first sub, who seems vital to Fulham. The start of the season will be hit and miss but those 4 are all training and playing at the moment and Sanchez has looked very good for United.

Uptop PEA could be playing left of a front 3 but I could change him out for KUN, Lukaku, Lacasette etc fairly easy.
    Zaha finished the season well and could become Arnie or King if he’s not doing the biz and IF (it’s a big if) Charlie is fit and firing then he’s one of the best. If not maybe Wilson will come in or downgrade PEA and use the funds on Austin’s replacement.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What if the guys who we’re hoping might play as 4.0 starters aren’t that? They’re at that price because they’re only live outsiders to start tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

CSF wrote: »
    What if the guys who we’re hoping might play as 4.0 starters aren’t that? They’re at that price because they’re only live outsiders to start tbh.

Then we're all screwed!

:pac:

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    At the moment I’m on

Foster & Fabianksi
    Wan-Bis Peltier Bennet Lowe Mee
    Sanchez Salah Rambo Sane Cairney
    PEA Zaha Austin

Both keepers are 4.5 and should both be number 1’s at their clubs. imo there is no point having one of them and say De Gea as you’ll never drop De Gea

My back line is like something you’d get on a Thursday morning in Aldi
    Lowe Mee and 1 other will start the majority of games and by going this route I save money for other 8 players.

In midfield I went for 4 big hitters who will start for me and Cairney, first sub, who seems vital to Fulham. The start of the season will be hit and miss but those 4 are all training and playing at the moment and Sanchez has looked very good for United.

Uptop PEA could be playing left of a front 3 but I could change him out for KUN, Lukaku, Lacasette etc fairly easy.
    Zaha finished the season well and could become Arnie or King if he’s not doing the biz and IF (it’s a big if) Charlie is fit and firing then he’s one of the best. If not maybe Wilson will come in or downgrade PEA and use the funds on Austin’s replacement.

Any thoughts?

think your structure up top is off, i'd prefer to see a 9.0 or above striker to allow you to get in the hot streaking premium option. You could swap Sanchez for a Mata/Pedro/Jota/Richardlison and go for a Lacazette, Aug, or Firmino instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Tarkowski or Mee ?

Mee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Team 0.1
    Suspect I'll downgrade Coleman and upgrade Foster & Suttner.
    Not terribly happy having with my forwards v defenders match up in GW1. Cairney may get an early run out.
    457241.JPG

Ederson

-Mee
    Van Dijk
    Davies
    Otamendi-
    --Salah
    Mane
    Sanchez
    Grob---

Tosun
    King

Subs: Tomkins, Quaner, Stephens, Speroni

Thoughts welcome!

Also, why do people think Mendy and Aguero will start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I really don't think Mkhitaryan is going to be in the starting 11

Front three will be Ozil, Lacazette, Aubameyang

Midfield will be Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ShaneU wrote: »

There'd be a severe lack of natural width then. Some of the young Gunners have performed well on the right in preseason. One in particular is an absolute speed merchant I can't remember his name. Iwobi an option too of course.

ShaneU wrote: »

I think that will be their line up againts hard teams.

most other games I would expect Ramsey to take up a role in the double pivot with Mikhy coming in.

Nalz wrote: »

Ederson

-Mee
    Van Dijk
    Davies
    Otamendi-
    --Salah
    Mane
    Sanchez
    Grob---

Tosun
    King

Thoughts welcome!

Also, why do people think Mendy and Aguero will start?

You've no City attacking cover ahead of GW2-7 which is the easiest run any team has all season

Thinking of changing it to this, bring Sane maybe in for wk2:

Ederson

--Mee
    Cedric
    Davies
    Daniels---
    --Salah
    Mane
    Sanchez
    Mhki---

Tosun
    Firminho

• Advertisement

think your structure up top is off, i'd prefer to see a 9.0 or above striker to allow you to get in the hot streaking premium option. You could swap Sanchez for a Mata/Pedro/Jota/Richardlison and go for a Lacazette, Aug, or Firmino instead.

I can easily got PEA to Lacasette and have an extra 1.5 to upgrade Zaha. Or likewise downgrade Sanchez as you suggest. I think the best value is in midfield this year so want to have a strong 4 there and then I’ll probably play my WC in the first international break

Advertisement