Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Finding it hard to move away from this.

Fabianski Begovic
    Azpilicueta Robertson Kabasele Wan-Bissaka Bennett
    Mane Salah Sane Sanchez Cairney
    Zaha Arnie Kamara

I know the frontline hasn't Auba, Aguero or Firmino, but that fúcking midfield, and even Azpi and Robertson. Almost a bunch of strikers (beside Azpi and Robbo obviously).

in defence, I could drop Azpi for Mendy, or I could drop Azpi for Rudiger and get Ederson in goals to cover City (and get a 4.0 sub goalie).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

^^
    Nice team....along similar lines to my own :-)

I have Rambo and Mitrovic instead of Sanchez and Kamara....not wholly convinced by the premium strikers right now and think Mane is a better option than Firmino at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wilberto wrote: »
    Then we're all screwed!

:pac:

Not me, current plan is only to go with the one on my bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    Not me, current plan is only to go with the one on my bench.

Ditto. The Wan and only

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I’m on
    Bennet
    Wan-Bis
    Peltier (tho I see he’s now yellow flagged)
    Lowe
    Mee

With 2 x 4.5 keepers also

Of the 3 I’d say (from my research) in order of likelihood to start would be Peltier, Wan-Bissaka and then Bennett.

Peltier was concussed in his last friendly so I’m not sure if that means 2 weeks would see him back on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    That's a very solid looking team... Solid picks, probably the two def with most explosive potential starting out (Mendy and Robbo), hard to find fault with it really. Nice coverage from the big 2 (City and 'Pool), mid pricers bang in form (Arnie and Zaha), and probably the most sensible Everton attacker (Ricky). I really want to go with Rambo myself but i just don't think i can bring myself to do it starting out (or any Arsenal) - my argument is that their first 5 fixtures aren't great and we don't really know how they'll start so i'm adopting a wait and see approach. Still wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal start strong though and Rambo's potential is high.

I'm currently on:

Patricio Steklenburg
    Robbo PVA Mendy Coleman Obi-Wan-Bissaka
    Salah Mané Mahrez Sané Cairney
    Zaha Arnie Madine

Very adventurous with my defenders. Cheap gk but i don't want rotating gk so am happy to go Patricio starting off. Midfield pretty much speaks for itself i'm hopeful of a lot of points there. Cheap frontline but i'm confident Arnie and Zaha can both do well. Cairney as already opined could be great value at £5m, he's an option to start instead of one of my def depending on fixtures, otherwise not a bad first sub.

Ya I'm not 100% sold on Ramsey, if Pedro starts the CS then I'll switch to him and maybe upgrade Cedric to Luiz/Bailly. Have a feeling Arsenal will start strongly though, as a fan I've been keeping a close eye on pre-season training and games and the vibes coming out of the camp are really good. Think they might surprise a few people against City and Chelsea so I definitely want one attacker.

You've a very solid team too. I didn't really consider going without a premium attacker but it looks good. That midfield could be a goldmine and plenty of attacking threat at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

First real draft

De gea Fabanski
    Vvd Cedric Wan-Bissaka Daniels Bamba
    Schurrle Salah Sanchez Richarlison Keneddy
    Zaha Arnie Aubameyang

Not 100% sold on Daniels or Bamba but it's a start.

Ya I'm not 100% sold on Ramsey, if Pedro starts the CS then I'll switch to him and maybe upgrade Cedric to Luiz/Bailly. Have a feeling Arsenal will start strongly though, as a fan I've been keeping a close eye on pre-season training and games and the vibes coming out of the camp are really good. Think they might surprise a few people against City and Chelsea so I definitely want one attacker.

You've a very solid team too. I didn't really consider going without a premium attacker but it looks good. That midfield could be a goldmine and plenty of attacking threat at the back.

Don't laugh but I'm considering Morata as a premium(ish) striker. Not for a few gameweeks though.

Arsenal Vs Chelsea in the ICC tonight chance to monitor their attackers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If everyone could stop posting their draft teams until I get a chance to catch up on reading the last 60 posts, that would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Don't laugh but I'm considering Morata as a premium(ish) striker. Not for a few gameweeks though.

Great minds, I actually read an article on Morata this morning. Could be a great differential.

http://www.planetfpl.com/the-case-for-alvaro-morata/

• Advertisement

i'm not laughing.

he's been in a couple of drafts of mine lately. i had noticed how low his ownership was too. it's 2% or something. if you've enough other high ownership players to lessen the risk, he's a superb differential IMO. Sarri's teams tend to sprint off the starting line at the beginning of the season too.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm not laughing.

he's been in a couple of drafts of mine lately. i had noticed how low his ownership was too. it's 2% or something. if you've enough other high ownership players to lessen the risk, he's a superb differential IMO. Sarri's teams tend to sprint off the starting line at the beginning of the season too.

He's flying under the radar alright, maybe less so if we talk about him too much :pac::D The strong start thing yeah i noticed that though this year is a bit different in that we just had the world cup, a number of key players won't start their first game or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Foster, Ederson

Mendy, Bailly, Wan B, Cedric, Keane

Salah, KDB, Kenedy, Richarlison, Micky

Firmino, Zaha, Tosun

Going with a low budget forward line is making a lot of sense to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Are we talking about the same Morata who missed sitter after sitter last year lads?

Don't put yourself through that pain. I did for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Fabski/speroni
    Wan B tripper PVA
    Mane Salah neves Sanchez sane
    Wood firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Allisson/Hamer
    Daniels/Jagielka/Hobebas/Doherty/Wan-Bissaka
    Salah/Sane/Sanchez/Gudmundsson/Richarlson
    Zaha/Aubameyang/Quaner

3-5-2 at least for the first two game weeks

Would appreciate some feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ok, back from holidays so time for Draft 1. I always like to have a 'team' about a week before the start, and then tinker as more information becomes available.

Bear in mind, I'm deliberately avoiding the late returning WC players, and plan to WC somewhere in the GW4-6 range.

Foster/Fabianski - Rotate well and gives BRI,BOU, CPL, WOL, eve

Robertson - Great fixtures and a genuine attacking threat.
    Bailly - Man U have great fixtures and Jose will bore the hole will be tight at the back so defensive coverage is advisable.
    Cedric - A GW1 risk, but nice fixtures
    Doherty - I think Wolves will do well, and Doherty has a bit of an attacking threat about him.
    Wan Bissaka - At 4m its worth the risk he will start. I only need one of the 3 cheap defenders t start each week (barring injury)

Salah - Expensive, but easier to sell than to buy. Will also be highly captained.
    Sane - Not 100% it will be Sane, but a Man City mid is required given their fixtures.
    Ramsey - My 'punt' given the tough opening fixtures, but he has an eye for goal and at his price point I don't see much better.
    Richarlison - Great opening fixtures. Missed a number of glorious chances last season. If he converts even a 1/3rd of them he will amass serious points. Marco Silva teams always carry an attacking threat.
    Cairney - Could be a gem at 5m. Gives a genuine option to bench Arnie in GW1 at Anfield.

Aguero - One to monitor to ensure he is guaranteed starts. If not Jesus, Auba or Firmino come into the equation.
    Arnautovic - Did well as the lone striker at the end of last season.
    Zaha - Palaces main man. At his price, a great option.

I could also change Cairney to Stephens and upgrade the keepers to Ederson + a cheapie.

Feel free to tear it apart!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Benimar wrote: »
    Ok, back from holidays so time for Draft 1. I always like to have a 'team' about a week before the start, and then tinker as more information becomes available.

Bear in mind, I'm deliberately avoiding the late returning WC players, and plan to WC somewhere in the GW4-6 range.

Foster/Fabianski - Rotate well and gives BRI,BOU, CPL, WOL, eve

Robertson - Great fixtures and a genuine attacking threat.
    Bailly - Man U have great fixtures and Jose will bore the hole will be tight at the back so defensive coverage is advisable.
    Cedric - A GW1 risk, but nice fixtures
    Doherty - I think Wolves will do well, and Doherty has a bit of an attacking threat about him.
    Wan Bissaka - At 4m its worth the risk he will start. I only need one of the 3 cheap defenders t start each week (barring injury)

Salah - Expensive, but easier to sell than to buy. Will also be highly captained.
    Sane - Not 100% it will be Sane, but a Man City mid is required given their fixtures.
    Ramsey - My 'punt' given the tough opening fixtures, but he has an eye for goal and at his price point I don't see much better.
    Richarlison - Great opening fixtures. Missed a number of glorious chances last season. If he converts even a 1/3rd of them he will amass serious points. Marco Silva teams always carry an attacking threat.
    Cairney - Could be a gem at 5m. Gives a genuine option to bench Arnie in GW1 at Anfield.

Aguero - One to monitor to ensure he is guaranteed starts. If not Jesus, Auba or Firmino come into the equation.
    Arnautovic - Did well as the lone striker at the end of last season.
    Zaha - Palaces main man. At his price, a great option.

I could also change Cairney to Stephens and upgrade the keepers to Ederson + a cheapie.

Feel free to tear it apart!

Can't argue with most of that, only two questions I'd have are is sane worth the money over silva and is Ramsey > Miki

Can't argue with most of that, only two questions I'd have are is sane worth the money over silva and is Ramsey > Miki

I'm not sure Sane is worth the extra cash tbh, so may look at using it elsewhere.

I do think Ramsey is (was? - he got injured in the warm up tonight!) a better option than Miki, as I wouldn't be 100% sure Miki starts. Torreira, Xhaka, Ramsey, Ozil, Lacazette and Aubameyang could easily be the front 6.

Are we talking about the same Morata who missed sitter after sitter last year lads?

Don't put yourself through that pain. I did for so long.

Watching him here against Arsenal, and you're probably right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Ederson
    Cedric Kabasele Robertson
    Salah (c) Sané Mané Richarlison
    Auba Arnie Austin

Norris - Tomkins Stephens Peltier

Ederson is there for City defensive coverage with their plum fixtures. Robbo looks a good option with his attacking threat. I put Cedric in there as I think he's one of the better 4.5 options.

Kabasele is in for Watford's decent fixtures to start with and Tomkins as Hodgson has worked wonders at Palace and got them solid at the back again. Peltier could change to Wan-Bissaka if I see that he might start.

Salah is Salah, over 50% ownership so would be a massive risk to go without. I think Sané will want to get off to a good start having missed out on the World Cup.

I had Firmino in most of my drafts but have now switched to Mané who has looked lively in preseason and could be on pens.

Richy is a bit of a punt but for 6.5 I think there aren't many better choices. Stephens there for steady points from the bench.

Up front, Auba is now my preferred option over Kun. I fancy him to have a great season having liked what I saw from him last season.

Arnie has been on fire in pre-season and can score against anyone. And Austin is a bit of a risk but we all know what he is capable of.

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Going to stick with this for week 1 unless there are a few big transfers upcoming. Squad was made for weeks 1-4 with the intention of wild carding.

Alisson - Can just leave him there for the season potentially. 4.0 fodder as back-up.

Robertson - Decent potential for assists in an even better protected back 4.
    Shaw - Early gamble in a Jose team, capable of assists and clean sheets.
    Doherty - Nailed on for Wolves and loves to get forward.
    Christie - Fulham currently have no other option, nailed on and loves to get forward. Really fancy Fulham to go well this year.
    Wan-Bissaka - 4.0 who might be, or might become 1st choice.

Salah - It's hard not to. Easy downgrade if he isn't performing, but if I didn't have him any price upgrade on him is devastating.
    Sanchez - Will be the main man for the opening few weeks.
    Eriksen - Elite player and the only nailed on attacker for Tottenham in the opening weeks.
    Sane - Should be fresh as a daisy after no WC.
    Armstrong - I predict will end up the best budget midfielder in the game.

Austin - Will start for Southampton who have decent fixtures. Usually scores when he gets a good run of games.
    Mitrovic - Was literally the first name in the squad. Will get 15-20 goals this season.
    Jimenez - Very cheap and will start for Wolves. Can gain confidence against awful Everton defense.

Likely to Wild Card at the International break. World Cup players should be back and motoring at that point and I can make my squad until X-Mas. Think Arsenal will have a super season but their opening 2 fixtures puts me off. I actually think they won't lose to City anyway, but Chelsea after is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Of the 3 I’d say (from my research) in order of likelihood to start would be Peltier, Wan-Bissaka and then Bennett.

Peltier was concussed in his last friendly so I’m not sure if that means 2 weeks would see him back on the pitch.

Thanks for that! I might start Wan-Biss and let the other two second and third subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mokuba wrote: »
    Going to stick with this for week 1 unless there are a few big transfers upcoming. Squad was made for weeks 1-4 with the intention of wild carding.

Alisson - Can just leave him there for the season potentially. 4.0 fodder as back-up.

Robertson - Decent potential for assists in an even better protected back 4.
    Shaw - Early gamble in a Jose team, capable of assists and clean sheets.
    Doherty - Nailed on for Wolves and loves to get forward.
    Christie - Fulham currently have no other option, nailed on and loves to get forward. Really fancy Fulham to go well this year.
    Wan-Bissaka - 4.0 who might be, or might become 1st choice.

Salah - It's hard not to. Easy downgrade if he isn't performing, but if I didn't have him any price upgrade on him is devastating.
    Sanchez - Will be the main man for the opening few weeks.
    Eriksen - Elite player and the only nailed on attacker for Tottenham in the opening weeks.
    Sane - Should be fresh as a daisy after no WC.
    Armstrong - I predict will end up the best budget midfielder in the game.

Austin - Will start for Southampton who have decent fixtures. Usually scores when he gets a good run of games.
    Mitrovic - Was literally the first name in the squad. Will get 15-20 goals this season.
    Jimenez - Very cheap and will start for Wolves. Can gain confidence against awful Everton defense.

Likely to Wild Card at the International break. World Cup players should be back and motoring at that point and I can make my squad until X-Mas. Think Arsenal will have a super season but their opening 2 fixtures puts me off. I actually think they won'te to City anyway, but Chelsea after is annoying.

Keeper fine
    Defence - very very risky
    Midfield - detrimental to rest of squad and still don't have 5 worth the damage it is doing
    Forwards- NO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Thoughts lads?

gND1jMM.jpg

Thoughts lads?

gND1jMM.jpg

There is a good chance none of your back 3 start in GW1.

Fred is a defensive midfielder, and injured I think.

Lukaku may not start GW1 either.

None of your subs will play.

I’d downgrade one of your expensive forwards and/or Walker and spread the funds about.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Deise boii

Thouhts on this team cant figure out the team this year

De Gea

Alexander-Arnold
    Bailly
    Tomkins

Milivojevic
    Jahanbakhsh
    Pedro
    Salah

Aubameyang
    Tosun
    Firmino

Subs
    Button
    Cedric
    Seri
    Coady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Deise boii wrote: »
    Thouhts on this team cant figure out the team this year

De Gea

Alexander-Arnold
    Bailly
    Tomkins

Milivojevic
    Jahanbakhsh
    Pedro
    Salah

Aubameyang
    Tosun
    Firmino

Subs
    Button
    Cedric
    Seri
    Coady
    Isn’t Seri a defensive mid? If I wanted a Fulham player I’d go with Cairney as others were advising yesterday. Put the .5 back into the midfield. No City coverage is dangerous imo

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Mokuba wrote: »
    G

Big call - why do you think he will do so well? Is he guaranteed to start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

rfllr0b.jpg

Thoughts on this one so far?
    Potentially looking at downgrading from Fab to someone like Cairney to bolster the GK line up. If it looks like Augero isnt a GW1 starter then might look to reshuffle to Firmino/Arnie up front.

Advertisement