Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

El festino wrote: »
    Big call - why do you think he will do so well? Is he guaranteed to start?

He is guaranteed to start.

Fulham have spent huge amounts of money, have a very good manager and have been playing good football for years. Proper stability now that Slav won the battle with the owners over who is in charge of the signings. Mitrovic did well with them last year and this year they have even more weapons to feed him. I reckon Fulham will finish top half comfortably and I am personally confident in him to outscore the similarly priced Zaha and Arnautovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Despite myself, I think I might start with Salah. Could end up doing a last minute switch to Mane and leave 3.5m in the bank :)

Pickford (Speroni)
    Coleman, Cedric, AzpilDave (Wan-Bis, Peltier)
    Sane, Sanchez, Salah, Pedro, Richarlison
    Firmino, Mitrovic (Quarner)

Still plenty of little changes to make. Won't go with Pickford but currently confined to 5m. Just threw him in if being honest.

Salah to Mane could change things massively, I'm a big fan of Mane and may gamble on him and Firmino being a bit of Salah cover.

I'm fooling nobody. I'll be going Salahless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

welchy wrote:
    Thoughts on this one so far? Potentially looking at downgrading from Fab to someone like Cairney to bolster the GK line up. If it looks like Augero isnt a GW1 starter then might look to reshuffle to Firmino/Arnie up front.

Forget about fabregras. He's not a ff assets. Much better options at 6.5m incl Pedro.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

PARlance wrote: »
    Despite myself, I think I might start with Salah. Could end up doing a last minute switch to Mane and leave 3.5m in the bank :)

Pickford (Speroni)
    Coleman, Cedric, AzpilDave (Wan-Bis, Peltier)
    Sane, Sanchez, Salah, Pedro, Richarlison
    Firmino, Mitrovic (Quarner)

Still plenty of little changes to make. Won't go with Pickford but currently confined to 5m. Just threw him in if being honest.

Salah to Mane could change things massively, I'm a big fan of Mane and may gamble on him and Firmino being a bit of Salah cover.

I'm fooling nobody. I'll be going Salahless.

Liverpool and City will probably score most goals again and unlike City (Aguero rotation etc) you know where the Liverpool points are coming from (same is true for Spurs..) so I'm actually thinking of going Salah, Mane and Firmino... I had all 3 for a while last year and it worked out really well. Normally I wouldn't advocate 3 attackers from the same team but with these three, it's goals and assists galore on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Switched to 3-5-2...

Patricio
    Mendy Robertson Luiz
    Salah Mahrez Mané Ricky Ralls
    Auba Arnie

4m Tomkins WanB Madine

Really like the look of this now. Ditching Zaha and changing formation allows me to have both Mahrez and Mané in midfield. Ralls might become Cairney and not 100% on Patricio as set and forget, may go back to Fab.

• Advertisement

Switched to 3-5-2...

Patricio
    Mendy Robertson Luiz
    Auba Arnie

4m Tomkins WanB Madine

Really like the look of this now. Ditching Zaha and changing formation allows me to have both Mahrez and Mané in midfield. Ralls might become Cairney and not 100% on Patricio as set and forget, may go back to Fab.

Like this team and I’d something similar in an earlier draft.

After that Wood injury I think I’ll go back to 3-5-2 with Quaner on the bench and try and bring Mahrez back in too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Switched to 3-5-2...

Patricio
    Mendy Robertson Luiz
    Auba Arnie

4m Tomkins WanB Madine

Who’s ralls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Who’s ralls?

Cardiff's Joe Ralls, 5m midfielder who is on all their set pieces.

Who’s ralls?

Cardiff's Joe Ralls, 5m midfielder who is on all their set pieces.

You gotta ask yourself- have you got the ralls to put him in your team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Latest version

Ederson / Speroni

Tark / Cedric/ Christie / Bennett/ WanB

Salah / Sane / Mane / Ricky / Ralls

Fun Bobby / Kun / Quaner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Finally found a balance I am happy with, please RMT, I’ve been looking for a good spread accross teams and price structure to enable me to cherry pick and slot in the in form players using 2FTs

Ederson
    Shaw Luiz Robertson
    Salah Sanchez Pedro Richardson
    King Arnie Aguero

Subs 4.0 GK, Wan Bisska, Cairney, Bedberek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Finally found a balance I am happy with, please RMT, I’ve been looking for a good spread accross teams and price structure to enable me to cherry pick and slot in the in form players using 2FTs

Ederson
    Shaw Luiz Robertson
    Salah Sanchez Pedro Richardson
    King Arnie Aguero

Subs 4.0 GK, Wan Bisska, Cairney, Bedberek

Fairly good spread of funds, allowing you to transfer in players who start hot, without needing to take hits to change your structure.

However, I think Shaw is a very risky pick if you are going with two 4m defenders. You could find yourself with only 2 playing defenders.

Personally, I’m not a fan of the Sanchez pick. I’d be more inclined to bring in another Liverpool or Man City mid, change Shaw to a nailed on 5.5 player and maybe change one of your cheap defenders to a 4.5 guaranteed starter?

The Luiz pick is interesting and something I’m getting more drawn to if he starts on Sunday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Benimar wrote: »
    Fairly good spread of funds, allowing you to transfer in players who start hot, without needing to take hits to change your structure.

However, I think Shaw is a very risky pick if you are going with two 4m defenders. You could find yourself with only 2 playing defenders.

Personally, I’m not a fan of the Sanchez pick. I’d be more inclined to bring in another Liverpool or Man City mid, change Shaw to a nailed on 5.5 player and maybe change one of your cheap defenders to a 4.5 guaranteed starter?

The Luiz pick is interesting and something I’m getting more drawn to if he starts on Sunday.

I think King is well under the radar. Nice pick.

Agree, it’s the biggest call in this team, Sanchez. For me He ticks a lot of boxes, OOP & price drop. If it doesn’t work out I have KDB earmarked for that spot.

Luiz is flying very under the radar, again his price is reflecting a poor one off season last year, he is currently the cheapest way into Chelsea, has a goal threat, and fits the new managers system.

Shaw is a risk yes, I’ll be monitoring him closely on the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DaymanNightman

Just finished my team and am fairly happy with it at the moment. Any feedback is appreciated!

DeGea (Guaranteed starter in United's defence and good for saves and clean sheets)

Cedric (Great value at 4.5)
    Azpilicueta (Guaranteed starter for chelsea and good to get forward for the odd goal and assist)
    Robertson (Same as Azpilicueta except for Liverpool)

Salah (Can't leave him out as so many have him in)
    Richarlison (Bit of a gamble but played well under Silva at the start of last season)
    Sánchez (Best attacking option for United at least at the start of the season. Also fresh after no world cup this summer)
    Jota (Top scorer for Wolves last season with 17 goals)
    Sané (Fresh after no world cup this summer and I think out to prove a point)

Arnautovic (Good form in pre-season)
    Zaha (Good form in pre-season and scoring a few goals)

Subs: Begovic / Wan-Bissaka / Bennett, Kamara

I know I've no big hitters up top but think I'll be playing an early wildcard this year anyway because of players coming back from the world cup. Any feedback would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just finished my team and am fairly happy with it at the moment. Any feedback is appreciated!

DeGea (Guaranteed starter in United's defence and good for saves and clean sheets)

Cedric (Great value at 4.5)
    Azpilicueta (Guaranteed starter for chelsea and good to get forward for the odd goal and assist)
    Robertson (Same as Azpilicueta except for Liverpool)

Salah (Can't leave him out as so many have him in)
    Richarlison (Bit of a gamble but played well under Silva at the start of last season)
    Sánchez (Best attacking option for United at least at the start of the season. Also fresh after no world cup this summer)
    Jota (Top scorer for Wolves last season with 17 goals)
    Sané (Fresh after no world cup this summer and I think out to prove a point)

Arnautovic (Good form in pre-season)
    Zaha (Good form in pre-season and scoring a few goals)

Subs: Begovic / Wan-Bissaka / Bennett, Kamara

I know I've no big hitters up top but think I'll be playing an early wildcard this year anyway because of players coming back from the world cup. Any feedback would be great!
    Fairly solid but you are risking only having 2 defenders gameweek 1 and even though you are cheap up top you still have an extremely threadbare bench
    You need to spread funds
    If you are going to spend 6ml on DDG then drop begovic down to 4ml
    You can use the extra .5 to upgrade Bennett to a playing defender . Even a Bournemouth one if you like their fixtures given that you had begovic
    Also consisted Quaner over Kamara
    He is more likely to get gametime even if it is on the right wing rather than up front

Personally I just couldn’t go with the 2 mid priced strikers up front without a premium as it Moreno or less ties you into an early WC
    I can The the positives too but I ended up going back with aguero and 2 mids

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

The current incarnation looks like this

Fabianski/Ryan

Azpi Davies Cedric (Wan Biss, Zanka)
    Salah Richarlison Sanchez Eriksen (Neves)
    Zaha Arnie King

Had Vertonghen in for Spurs but Davies will be nailed on considering the WC for Trippier and Vertongen. Easy switch after GW1 or when Vert is back.

Went lighter up top to pack the midfield, last years points v money shows more value in MF compared to premium forwards, Kane aside, and he won't be starting the season.

No City cover, but that may change, with Eriksen for Sane or Dilva.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I think I'll stick with this.

Begovic Stekelenburg
    Mendy Coleman Cédric Wan-Bissaka Bennett
    Salah Sane Sánchez Mane Richarlison
    Arnie King Kamara

Pros:
    Attacking, fun defence with great fixtures.
    Premium, attacking 5 man midfield
    Double Liverpool cover with Salah and Mane

Cons:
    Rotation risk in defence
    My bench might not play
    Lack of premium strikers could backfire

The cons can be fixed with an early WC, or a transfer or two.

One thing I'm going to try do this season is to not change/transfer too often and trust my team for a 3 game window regardless of fixtures. I think with an attacking defence this is the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

VW 1 wrote: »
    The current incarnation looks like this

Fabianski/Ryan

Azpi Davies Cedric (Wan Biss, Zanka)
    Salah Richarlison Sanchez Eriksen (Neves)
    Zaha Arnie King

Had Vertonghen in for Spurs but Davies will be nailed on considering the WC for Trippier and Vertongen. Easy switch after GW1 or when Vert is back.

Went lighter up top to pack the midfield, last years points v money shows more value in MF compared to premium forwards, Kane aside, and he won't be starting the season.

No City cover, but that may change, with Eriksen for Sane or Dilva.

Nice team, similar-ish to mine. City cover is vital. Eriksen to Sane a possible move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Latest version of my team:

Ederson Speroni
    Mee Robertson Kabasele Peltier Wan-Bissaka
    Salah Sane Richarlison Deulofeu Neves
    Arnautovic Firmino Aguero

Will wait after the weeknd to make my mind up on Aguero, but the plan is to have 3 Liverpool and 3 City for the start. I know Firmino is only back but I would be surprised if he didn't play the 1st match. Took out Shaw, Coleman and Mkhitarayan and put in Mee, Robertson and Richarlison from my previous team.
    Trying to guarantee 11 for week 1 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

latest draft, pondering including Alexis:

Ederson Steklenburg

TAA 4.5 4.5 4.0 4.0

Sanchez Mané Salah Silva Mahrez

Mitrovic Arnie Madine

4.5 def's could be anyone, many to choose from: Doherty/Boly/Tomkins/Cedric/Daniels etc. 4.0 def's likely Wan-B + Bednarek/Peltier/Bennett

I'm quite liking the look of it. TAA instead of Robbo i'm not MAD on, but that extra 1m is very handy. Ederson in nets is solid. Midfield is mint. Alexis has looked shít hot in pre-season and part of me is thinking he's an easy swap to Hazard(so long as he stays) if things don't work out.

Up front is cheapo obviously but of the options i fancy Mitro and Arnie to do well. At least there's a good few other options (Zaha, King, Austin, Tosun) to jump on if either don't look the business.

*Edit* just took out Arnie for Austin. £1m i.t.b. leaves me some nice flexibility in terms of what my initial transfer(s) might be post gw1

Ok, back from holidays so time for Draft 1. I always like to have a 'team' about a week before the start, and then tinker as more information becomes available.

Bear in mind, I'm deliberately avoiding the late returning WC players, and plan to WC somewhere in the GW4-6 range.

Foster/Fabianski - Rotate well and gives BRI,BOU, CPL, WOL, eve

Robertson - Great fixtures and a genuine attacking threat.
    Bailly - Man U have great fixtures and Jose will bore the hole will be tight at the back so defensive coverage is advisable.
    Cedric - A GW1 risk, but nice fixtures
    Doherty - I think Wolves will do well, and Doherty has a bit of an attacking threat about him.
    Wan Bissaka - At 4m its worth the risk he will start. I only need one of the 3 cheap defenders t start each week (barring injury)

Salah - Expensive, but easier to sell than to buy. Will also be highly captained.
    Sane - Not 100% it will be Sane, but a Man City mid is required given their fixtures.
    Ramsey - My 'punt' given the tough opening fixtures, but he has an eye for goal and at his price point I don't see much better.
    Richarlison - Great opening fixtures. Missed a number of glorious chances last season. If he converts even a 1/3rd of them he will amass serious points. Marco Silva teams always carry an attacking threat.
    Cairney - Could be a gem at 5m. Gives a genuine option to bench Arnie in GW1 at Anfield.

Aguero - One to monitor to ensure he is guaranteed starts. If not Jesus, Auba or Firmino come into the equation.
    Arnautovic - Did well as the lone striker at the end of last season.
    Zaha - Palaces main man. At his price, a great option.

I could also change Cairney to Stephens and upgrade the keepers to Ederson + a cheapie.

Feel free to tear it apart!

With Sane not nailed, Ramsey potentially injured and my general uneasiness with having 2 cheap strikers (who aren’t really strikers anyway), I’ve made 4 changes. Draft 2 now looks like:

Fabianski, Foster
    Robertson, Bailly (or Luiz), Cedric, Doherty, Wan Bissaka
    Salah, David Silva, Pedro, Richarlison, Cairney
    Aguero, Firmino, King.

Might downgrade Cairney if I can find a 7m mid or 5m defender I like to replace Pedro or Doherty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭shatners bassoon

Ederson

Luiz Daniels Robertson

Ramsey Salah Keita Cairney

Aubameyang Aguero Zaha

Subs: Speroni, Wan-Bissako, Bennett, Stephens

Any thoughts? Keita the biggest punt there obviously. I'm going to wildcard early enough I imagine but I am considering swapping Keita for Richarlison and Kun/ Auba for Firminho to leave me some money to play around with over the first couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

With the premium strikers doubtful due to WC and lack of matches I'm strongly considering going 4-5-1.

Ederson
    VVD Coleman DLuiz Cedric
    Mahrez Salah Richarlison Schurrle Sanchez
    Aguero
    Subs: Boruc Wan-Bissaka Quaner Kamara

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

I think your a freakin' genius.

Id be even more impressed if you had a better option that shuttle.

Aguero might not start buy you'll know more about that by next Friday and could easily put in Auba or Firminho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My latest and I might stick with this one. Thoughts please.
    No Spurs, intending to bring in Sane for Mane early.

Foster/Fab
    Bailly, Lovren, Lascelles, Zanka, WanB
    Salah, Mane, Siggy, Milivojevic, Sessegnon
    Aubameyang, Arnautovic, Wilson

eagle eye wrote: »
    My latest and I might stick with this one. Thoughts please.
    No Spurs, intending to bring in Sane for Mane early.

Foster/Fab
    Bailly, Lovren, Lascelles, Zanka, WanB
    Salah, Mane, Siggy, Milivojevic, Sessegnon
    Aubameyang, Arnautovic, Wilson

Lovren won’t start GW1. Callum Wilson is poison.

I’d look at downgrading Siggy. He’s too expensive for a team who are having a woeful pre season. I’d use the money to upgrade Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im looking at gw 1 BB and wildcard after gw 4.
    Current team which is pretty pointless but here goes
    Allison
    mendy bailly luiz
    salah sanchez mane moura
    gray arnie zaha
    BB Foster bedernak tompkins hodson odoi

Lots of players in my team that could be removed based on the friendlies over the weekend. As things stand they all should start but that will more than likely change this weekend. The only definites are salah, mane and sanchez.
    Players ill be looking out for this weekend pedro, mata, ashley barnes, bernado silva and david silva.

With Sane not nailed, Ramsey potentially injured and my general uneasiness with having 2 cheap strikers (who aren’t really strikers anyway), I’ve made 4 changes. Draft 2 now looks like:

Fabianski, Foster
    Robertson, Bailly (or Luiz), Cedric, Doherty, Wan Bissaka
    Salah, David Silva, Pedro, Richarlison, Cairney
    Aguero, Firmino, King.

Might downgrade Cairney if I can find a 7m mid or 5m defender I like to replace Pedro or Doherty.

Cedric will miss at least the first GW. Could end up being 2 or 3.

No one jumps out at 5m or 7m in those positions.

Also no harm in carrying some money in the bank if it works out that way. Trying to find a player to use up your exact budget can distract.

• Advertisement

Can I back track for a second lads, what’s the logIc for using BB in GW1?

Advertisement