Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Allisson/Fabianski
    Daniels/Tompkins/Kabasele/Coleman/Doherty
    Salah/Gudmundsson/Sanchez/Richarlson/B.Silva
    Zaha/aubameyang/Quaner

Playing 3-5-2

Don't know whether to play Tompkins or Coleman GW1

Comments and suggestions please .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bodking wrote: »
    Allisson/Fabianski
    Daniels/Tompkins/Kabasele/Coleman/Doherty
    Salah/Gudmundsson/Sanchez/Richarlson/B.Silva
    Zaha/aubameyang/Quaner

Playing 3-5-2

Don't know whether to play Tompkins or Coleman GW1

Comments and suggestions please .
    I would say that if Coleman doesn't make the grade ahead of Tomkins for you this week then I would reconsider his inclusion. At that price he has gotta be a starter for you against everyone but the most free scoring opponents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is anyone considering the Peltier/Bennett/WanB 4.0m rotation? It's seriously tempting.

Is anyone considering the Peltier/Bennett/WanB 4.0m rotation? It's seriously tempting.

It’s a recipe for a panic wildcard though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Saiss is favourite to start ahead of Bennett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Saiss is favourite to start ahead of Bennett

Saiss started their last friendly alright but was poor from what I've read. Bennett came on at half time and they were much more solid. It's risky but you only need one of them to play every week. I probably wouldn't have the guts to do it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Fabianski./Speroni

Mee, Cedric, Keane. / bennett, zanka

sanchez, salah, richarlison, gudmunnson. /kennedy

kun, firmino, king

thoughts on this lads, normally play 3-4-3
    will keane start for everton? their fixtures along with burnley and to a lesser extent bournmouth arent the worse to start off with. Will be wildcarding early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

As we enter a very busy week I'll second Klopporamas suggestion that if people want their teams rated they should probably do at least some of the following if not all

1. List their ENTIRE 15 man squad in an easy to read format including any money in the bank
    2. Outline the rationale behind their selections
    3. Do not post just a link to an image (it's very difficult to give feedback from memory )

And most importantly
    4. Give feedback on other squads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    As we enter a very busy week I'll second Klopporamas suggestion that if people want their teams rated they should probably do at least some of the following if not all

1. List their ENTIRE 15 man squad in an easy to read format including any money in the bank
    2. Outline the rationale behind their selections
    3. Do not post just a link to an image (it's very difficult to give feedback from memory )

And most importantly
    4. Give feedback on other squads

Not a bad draft. I would question the ITB, a little excessive...but overall you're in good shape :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Fabianski./Speroni

Mee, Cedric, Keane. / bennett, zanka

sanchez, salah, richarlison, gudmunnson. /kennedy

kun, firmino, king

thoughts on this lads, normally play 3-4-3
    will keane start for everton? their fixtures along with burnley and to a lesser extent bournmouth arent the worse to start off with. Will be wildcarding early.

Keane started in their last friendly against Valencia (and scored a goal from a Siggy corner) so you'd imagine that's a good sign that he will start. I'd be sceptical though of Everton's ability to keep a clean sheet. They've conceded an awful amount of goals during preseason.

I think Cedric is doubtful to start initially too (lack of fitness apparently post WC).
    https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1024979931346944001

Also, as stated a few post back, Bennett might have competition from Saiss, so something just to keep in mind.
    I like the Sanchez pick. Not going for him myself (yet) but he looked good in preseason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

OK. Latest draft below. I think I might be closer to the final team pick. Any opinions or advice appreciated.
    () for players on bench GW1.

Begovic, (Ederson),
    Alexander Arnold, (Doherty), (Tomkins), Azpilicueta, Robertson
    Salah, Jota, Hughes, (Ralls), Cairney,
    Aubameyang, Aguero, Austin

Begovic in for good first fixture and hoping to just leave Ederson in for rest of season and could switch to 4mill keeper after GW1.
    Arnold and Robertson as cheap ways into Liverpool team that should do well.
    Doherty and Tomkins as cheap and Azpillecueta might change to Mendy after GW1 to raise another .5mill. for transfers.
    Salah because he's probably the best captain available. Jota as have read he is playing up front. Hughes, Ralls and Cairney have potential to get some points and are not expensive.
    Aubemeyang, Aguero and Austin because an AAA attack sounds like a good idea. I think someone else posted a team with this earlier.

Got 1mill in the bank to help upgrade for any weak spots. I realise the midfield is weak but not convinced the mid priced midfielders are worth the money at the moment until team set ups are more obvious. Don't see the point in having a set formation but likely to play three up front most weeks for best chance of getting goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Macraignil, if you’re taking this this approach why not go all in and upgrade TAA to VVD?

It looks like there’ll be a few 4.0 defenders so you could downgrade your 4.5s and still keep some money in the bank.

Overall, very inflexible if you need to bring someone in but if you’re an early wildcarder it could work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fabianski Begovic
    Mendy Robertson Holebas (Peltier) (Wan Bissaka)
    Salah Mané Townsend Cairney Pedro
    Aubamayang Aguero (Kamara)

I'm just uncomfortable with Kamara as sub.

Defence is fine. Worries that Adrian might start over Fab, but that can be fixed if necessary.

I'm changing no City midfield coverage, but you have to budget somewhere.

Auba and Kun speak for themselves.

My only big issue is that I've three 11.0+ assets and will likely captain Salah mainly in the first 8 GWs, with Auba maybe a couple of times. I'm seriously tempted to just downgrade Auba to Laca, or even King, and beef up the midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Ederson (Norris)
    DLuiz Robertson Mee (WanB, Peltier)
    Cairney Salah Mahrez Mane (Hudson-Odoi)
    Arnie Aguero Zaha
    Worried about my bench, I always like to have at least one defender on the bench I can rotate in. Don't have a huge amount of faith in WanB. Wanted to keep Dilva instead of Mahrez so I could have Holebas on the bench but worried about Dilva after not featuring in the community shield. I actually hate Pep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Feel like I'm almost there:

Ederson/Stek

Pretty self-explanatory

Mendy/Bailly/PVA/Cedric/Bennett

I've gone off Coleman and got Bailly, still not sure though... Evertons defense is just so shakey...! United's hasn't been much better but at least there's previous examples of quality...! Bellerin is too much of a rotation risk under Emery for me, Chelsea - too open and not very attacking defenders in the current formation.

Salah/Eriksen/Siggy/Pedro/Cairney

Eriksen, Cairney and Siggy will be on all the set pieces, Pedro is great value and Eriksen is back from the start and hopefully supplying a determined Kane.

Aguero/Arnie/Reid

Naturally, Reid seems to have settled in at Cardiff and everything runs through him.

Can cycle pretty effectively between 442, 352 and 343.

I've only just really noticed double City defense... But I'm still relatively happy about it. I'm not sure about if City midfield is worth it just yet before seeing how they settle after WC players come back with Bilva and Mahrez knocking about too. I'll probably get KDB in for Eriksen and downgrade Mendy to Coleman/someone else eventually

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Draft no.3 and I'm going back to my original plan of building a team for first 4 weeks and wc then think I've found a team I'm happy with

Fabster

Shaw mendy robbo

Salah Eriksen Pedro bilva

King arnie zaha

Taylor wan bissaka walcott

2.0m in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

CSF wrote: »
    I've yet to see anyone so far use their money in such a way that makes leaving Salah out as a viable option. When Kane, Aubameyang, De Bruyne, Sterling and more are all looking like great options this could absolutely change, but to start with he is looking as close to a template addition as I've ever seen in the game.

He has been electric in preseason , so can't see a reason to leave him out.
    It does limit option all over the rest of the team, but I think it would be risky not having him.

He has been electric in preseason , so can't see a reason to leave him out.
    It does limit option all over the rest of the team, but I think it would be risky not having him.

I don’t think there’s that many alternative uses for the money just yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Ederson (Norris)
    Arnie Aguero Zaha
    Worried about my bench, I always like to have at least one defender on the bench I can rotate in. Don't have a huge amount of faith in WanB. Wanted to keep Dilva instead of Mahrez so I could have Holebas on the bench but worried about Dilva after not featuring in the community shield. I actually hate Pep.

Bilva instead of Mahrez?Will give you Holebas then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I had given serious consideration to starting without Salah, with the intention of bb in gw1 and an early Wildcard, probably by gw3 or 4, but it's just too much of a risk.

At the moment this is what I'm lining out with, but this will most likely be changed again numerous times before Friday.

Begovic

Mendy
    Robertson
    Holebas

Salah
    Mane
    Richarlison
    Pedro
    Jota

Aguero
    Zaha

Fabianski, Austin, Tompkins, Wan Bissaka

Still most likely wildcard early in the season, usually wc between gw3 and gw7.
    Happy enough to start with Mendy and Robertson, I've gone through various options for the rest of my defence, Pva, Shaw, Coleman, Cedric, David Luiz, but for one reason or another I've not felt confident enough in starting with any of them so for now I've settled on two 4.5m options, Holebas and Tompkins as 3rd and 4th
    choice and will probably rotate between the two for the first few weeks.

Wanted to have a City midfielder, and have gone through selections with Sane, dilva and Mahrez, but for now my thinking is that Mane is probably the safer bet over any of them. Richarlison, Pedro and Jota all have potential to do well, but may downgrade one of them yet.

Up front it was a bit of a coin toss whether to start with Aguero or Auba, but fixtures plus Aguero' performance yesterday have swayed it in his favour.
    Zaha is in ahead of Arnie for now, but again it's a close call, and if Zaha does move to Chelsea, I don't think I'll be starting with him.
    Austin getting the nod over Mitrovic for now, again might consider downgrading to a 5 or 5.5m third striker but struggling to see who's the best option in that range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Anyone else tempted by the holy trinity of Salah, Mane and Firmino? All likely to start and takes away the City rotation risk.
    Fab and Foster: rotate well early
    Coleman: fixtures and fun
    PVA: fixtures and fun
    Holebas: fixtures and fun
    Daniels: could be good
    There’s only Wan Bissaka: 4m fodder.
    Cairney: Solid Fulham lad.
    Salah: I suppose, cos everyone else will have him.
    Mane: rotation proof
    Siggy: good fixtures.
    Hudson-Odi:4.5m cheapie
    Aguero: FPL legend.
    Firmino: good fixtures.
    Arnie:Fun.
    Feck all ITB

patmac wrote: »
    Anyone else tempted by the holy trinity of Salah, Mane and Firmino? All likely to start and takes away the City rotation risk.
    Fab and Foster: rotate well early
    Coleman: fixtures and fun
    PVA: fixtures and fun
    Holebas: fixtures and fun
    Daniels: could be good
    There’s only Wan Bissaka: 4m fodder.
    Cairney: Solid Fulham lad.
    Salah: I suppose, cos everyone else will have him.
    Mane: rotation proof
    Siggy: good fixtures.
    Hudson-Odi:4.5m cheapie
    Aguero: FPL legend.
    Firmino: good fixtures.
    Arnie:Fun.
    Feck all ITB

Coleman, Pva and Daniels might not end up being as much fun as you think ;)
    I'd probably drop one of those 3.
    Other than that think it looks pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Ederson (Norris)
    Arnie Aguero Zaha

Bilva instead of Mahrez?Will give you Holebas then.
    Would need to get lucky with Pep's rotation, can see Bilva get first two gameweeks then rotated. May just avoid city mids as I think KDB is the only one nailed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

Planning to WC at first international break.

Have gone light in defence pre-wildcard as early games tend to be high scoring and really want to see the premium defenders/clubs performance and who is nailed before choosing.

Fabianski/Stekelenberg - Fabianski cheap at 4.5 and even with Hammers tough fixtures I expect some save points. Stek=fodder

Schlupp - OOP defender with a couple of goals pre-season. Should start with good fixtures (except Liverpool) and Roy has palace tight at the back.
    Jagielka - Keeping an eye on the Mina/Rojo situation but if he starts its a way into Evertons good early fixtures.
    Cedric - I don't even know why I keep doing this myself but there he is. Could be Duffy/Dunk for GW1.
    Wan B - 4m likely on bench but looks like a 4.0 starter. On bench as wary to double up on CP defense.
    Peltier - Fodder who will be third choice on bench and could get minutes

Salah -
    Mane - Originally had Firmino and City midfield but changed to Aguero and Mane to double on Liverpool attack
    Richarlison - Punt that he will hit form again under Silva and good fixtures. Had Pedro but will he play after GW1 with Hazard and Willian back?
    Townsend - Will start for CP with good early fixtures and has 6 assists so far in pre-season
    Hudson-Odoi - Fodder who might see some game time

Kane - I know he may not see GW1 but I think he will break the August duck this year and will be hard to shoehorn in. Maybe risky at his price.
    Aguero - Only sure way I can see into City attack at the moment except KDB. If he keeps scoring surely Pep can't drop him... Right??? :-/
    Arnautovic - This may still change to Zaha or even King to free up .5 for defence but currently on Arnautovic. If they sign Perez off Arsenal to play up front instead I don't see myself sticking.

3-4-3 currently.

Kane may be risky for GW1 but am taking the hit for GW1 instead of trying to shoehorn him in between then and the international break.

I have had Sanchez in a few drafts but United have had a poor pre-season once world cup players are back Lukaku is back up top so don't see the value there except maybe for GW1.
    Big spend up front gives me options if any of the other big hitters hit form early and become must have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

chris445 wrote: »
    Planning to WC at first international break.

Have gone light in defence pre-wildcard as early games tend to be high scoring and really want to see the premium defenders/clubs performance and who is nailed before choosing.

Fabianski/Stekelenberg - Fabianski cheap at 4.5 and even with Hammers tough fixtures I expect some save points. Stek=fodder

Schlupp - OOP defender with a couple of goals pre-season. Should start with good fixtures (except Liverpool) and Roy has palace tight at the back.
    Jagielka - Keeping an eye on the Mina/Rojo situation but if he starts its a way into Evertons good early fixtures.
    Cedric - I don't even know why I keep doing this myself but there he is. Could be Duffy/Dunk for GW1.
    Wan B - 4m likely on bench but looks like a 4.0 starter. On bench as wary to double up on CP defense.
    Peltier - Fodder who will be third choice on bench and could get minutes

Salah -
    Mane - Originally had Firmino and City midfield but changed to Aguero and Mane to double on Liverpool attack
    Richarlison - Punt that he will hit form again under Silva and good fixtures. Had Pedro but will he play after GW1 with Hazard and Willian back?
    Townsend - Will start for CP with good early fixtures and has 6 assists so far in pre-season
    Hudson-Odoi - Fodder who might see some game time

Kane - I know he may not see GW1 but I think he will break the August duck this year and will be hard to shoehorn in. Maybe risky at his price.
    Aguero - Only sure way I can see into City attack at the moment except KDB. If he keeps scoring surely Pep can't drop him... Right??? :-/
    Arnautovic - This may still change to Zaha or even King to free up .5 for defence but currently on Arnautovic. If they sign Perez off Arsenal to play up front instead I don't see myself sticking.

3-4-3 currently.

Kane may be risky for GW1 but am taking the hit for GW1 instead of trying to shoehorn him in between then and the international break.

I have had Sanchez in a few drafts but United have had a poor pre-season once world cup players are back Lukaku is back up top so don't see the value there except maybe for GW1.
    Big spend up front gives me options if any of the other big hitters hit form early and become must have.

Obviously you'll be keeping an eye on Kane, but if it's still 50/50 I wouldn't choose a player costing so much to not play, would rather the -4

Doubling up Mane & Salah myself, good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Went for auto pick - will see how it goes :D

Lloris
    De Gea

van Dijk
    Trippier
    Rose
    Young
    Rüdiger

Lingard
    Jahanbakhsh
    Antonio
    Mkhitaryan
    Felipe Anderson

Tosun
    Giroud
    Arnautovic

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Pippool23

ok boys and girls, the season is getting close, would like opinions on this current team. Thanks in advance
    Gk: Ryan/Fab these should rotate and I didn't fancy any of the 5.0 gk
    Def: Robinson, Cedric, Daniels, Doherty, Wan bassika. Not sure about def. Do people think cedric will play and is there a better option for Daniels.
    Mid: Salah, Sane, Eriksen, Mkhitaryan, Neves. Have 0.5 Mil in bank to change Sane to De Bruyne.
    Forward: Firimno, Arnie, Mitrovic, Any suggest for better then Mitrovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

patmac wrote:
    Anyone else tempted by the holy trinity of Salah, Mane and Firmino?
    I was thinking about it yesterday and then we seen Aguero and I decided I'd try and have all four of them.

Fab/Foster
    Mendy: Looks to me like the best premium defender.
    Luiz: Looks certain to start for what should be a mean defense.
    Zanka: Really like Matthias, first couple of games aren't great but a few nice fixtures after that.
    Chambers: Suggestions that he could be starting in DM for Arsenal after signing a new contract and receiving praise from Emery. Taking the chance.
    WanB: Cheap as chips and looks like a starter.

Milivojevic: On penos and free kicks, nice opening few games.
    Seri: Could be a star in this league, nice price imo.
    Gunnarsson: Nice opening fixtures, cheap as chips.
    Arnie: Great value if he's starting up top. May change this one before the end of the window.
    I don't think there is any need for comments on Salah, Mane, Firminho or Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,475 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Not many people seem to be going for Mahrez. I currently have him my team, do we think he has a good chance of starting?

I would like some City coverage and had Kun in my first draft but swapped him out.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    I was thinking about it yesterday and then we seen Aguero and I decided I'd try and have all four of them.

Fab/Foster
    Mendy: Looks to me like the best premium defender.
    Luiz: Looks certain to start for what should be a mean defense.
    Zanka: Really like Matthias, first couple of games aren't great but a few nice fixtures after that.
    Chambers: Suggestions that he could be starting in DM for Arsenal after signing a new contract and receiving praise from Emery. Taking the chance.
    WanB: Cheap as chips and looks like a starter.

Milivojevic: On penos and free kicks, nice opening few games.
    Seri: Could be a star in this league, nice price imo.
    Gunnarsson: Nice opening fixtures, cheap as chips.
    Arnie: Great value if he's starting up top. May change this one before the end of the window.
    I don't think there is any need for comments on Salah, Mane, Firminho or Aguero.

Chambers looks set to join Fulham on loan for the season, whether that makes a difference or not

Advertisement