Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not many people seem to be going for Mahrez. I currently have him my team, do we think he has a good chance of starting?

I would like some City coverage and had Kun in my first draft but swapped him out.
    They just have too many good players to predict who starts for certain.

The only one that looks certain to have his place right now is De Bruyne. Agurero looks pretty certain to start the season too.

You've got Dilva, Sane, Sterling, Mahrez fighting for two spots, even Jesus is contending for those spots too maybe.

Chambers looks set to join Fulham on loan for the season, whether that makes a difference or not
    If that happens I'll be happy too, should be starting there I'd imagine. Surprised at that though as Emery was praising him after he signed a new four year contract and he was talking himself about it being time for him to make things happen at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Decided to try and fit Salah Mané Auba and Kun in... I'll want Auba in GW3 and I know I won't want to get rid of Aguero then. So here's the current draft:

Patricio
    Mendy Robertson Holebas
    Salah Mané Walcott Costa
    Auba Aguero King

Stek WanB Peltier Stephens

GKs: 4.5 set and forget isn't something I'm fully comfortable with but Patricio is a decent keeper and the fixtures aren't too bad.

Defs: Mendy and Robertson speak for themselves and will play every week. Was struggling to find a decent 4.5 to rotate with WanB. Don't want Southampton/Bournemouth def and Huddersfield have tough opener. Don't fully trust Watford either but at least Holebas has an attacking threat. Peltier should start for a while unless Cardiff buy a replacement this week.

Mids: Pool double up just makes sense. No City mid so will avoid rotation headache. Not fully decided on Walcott yet...he could become Ricky/Pedro/Jota. Likewise with Costa...he could become Ralls/Cairney. What I like about Costa is that's he's playing in a team that should score goals. Rotation is a worry though.

Forwards: Auba and Aguero will be must haves from GW3 onwards I think and starting off with both of them will save me the hassle of trying to fit them both in. King is good value I think and the fixtures are decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Re. Costa: Wolves look set to sign Adama Traore so I'd steer clear of Costa. Cairney or Ralls a more sensible bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

MattD wrote: »
    Feel like I'm almost there:

Ederson/Stek

Pretty self-explanatory

Mendy/Bailly/PVA/Cedric/Bennett

I've gone off Coleman and got Bailly, still not sure though... Evertons defense is just so shakey...! United's hasn't been much better but at least there's previous examples of quality...! Bellerin is too much of a rotation risk under Emery for me, Chelsea - too open and not very attacking defenders in the current formation.

Salah/Eriksen/Siggy/Pedro/Cairney

Eriksen, Cairney and Siggy will be on all the set pieces, Pedro is great value and Eriksen is back from the start and hopefully supplying a determined Kane.

Aguero/Arnie/Reid

Naturally, Reid seems to have settled in at Cardiff and everything runs through him.

Can cycle pretty effectively between 442, 352 and 343.

I've only just really noticed double City defense... But I'm still relatively happy about it. I'm not sure about if City midfield is worth it just yet before seeing how they settle after WC players come back with Bilva and Mahrez knocking about too. I'll probably get KDB in for Eriksen and downgrade Mendy to Coleman/someone else eventually
    Bailly limped off in the friendly against Bayern, Cedric is also doubtful and unlikely to play against Burnley.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Re. Costa: Wolves look set to sign Adama Traore so I'd steer clear of Costa. Cairney or Ralls a more sensible bet

Ya just saw that thanks. Will Hughes is interesting me now...ppg of 4.8 last season. Not sure if he's nailed though. Cairney or Ralls safer bet for sure.

Ya just saw that thanks. Will Hughes is interesting me now...ppg of 4.8 last season. Not sure if he's nailed though. Cairney or Ralls safer bet for sure.

Hughes actually interesting yes moreso as an initial punt if you think you'll wildcard pretty early. He's nailed once fit I'd say. Cairney more a set and forget option I'd say. He's nailed and should be on pens.

Hughes actually interesting yes moreso as an initial punt if you think you'll wildcard pretty early. He's nailed once fit I'd say. Cairney more a set and forget option I'd say. He's nailed and should be on pens.

Hughes only played 135 minutes in pre-season so I'm a bit reluctant. I'll wait and see if there's any solid info about him later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So here is round 2 of my team again any helpful opinions are appreciated

Goalkeeper

Begovic

Defender

Van Dijk
    Yosida
    Kabasele

Midfield

Cork
    Lingard
    DeBruyne
    Salah
    Xhaka

Forward

Firmino
    Aguero

Substitute

Fabianski
    Zabaleta
    Doherty
    Quaner

At the moment I am 3-5-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I read an FPL Fulham post on reddit from a fan and there was no mention of Hughes at all. Cairney seems a lot more nailed on and cheaper. Not 100% confirmed he'll be on any set pieces however

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I read an FPL Fulham post on reddit from a fan and there was no mention of Hughes at all. Cairney seems a lot more nailed on and cheaper. Not 100% confirmed he'll be on any set pieces however

Will Hughes plays for Watford I think that's is who they're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,475 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

eagle eye wrote: »
    They just have too many good players to predict who starts for certain.

The only one that looks certain to have his place right now is De Bruyne. Agurero looks pretty certain to start the season too.

You've got Dilva, Sane, Sterling, Mahrez fighting for two spots, even Jesus is contending for those spots too maybe.

I had KDB in originally but with him not starting at the weekend, I was thinking that Mahrez may of been an alternative. I was then planning on swapping Mahrez out for KDB when he returns.

I'm worried about Pep potentially flip flopping between Aguero and Jesus like he did last season, even though Jesus seems to have fallen off his A game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Through sheer hubris / contrarianism, I've set my team up without Salah at the moment. It feels like madness but it's a nicely balanced team at present (imo) without having to plug in many donkeys to make up the numbers.

Ederson

VVD
    David Luiz
    Kabasele

Mane
    Mahrez
    Eriksen
    Richarlison

Aguero
    Firmino
    King

4m Keeper TBC
    Wan - Bissaka
    Cedric
    4.5m mid TBC

Reasonable fixtures to start the year, hopefully a bench that won't betray me if injuries arise, and easy subs to get in de Bruyne, Pogba etc in a few weeks.

Having Salah in is at present basically a choice between Salah & Austin/insert 6m striker versus Firmino & Eriksen, or Salah & Cairney/Ralls/5-6m mid versus Mane & Eriksen. Or alternatively, less drastic downgrades across a number of positions to accommodate him.

Any comments or observations? Severely tempted to roll the dice with the team above.

So here is round 2 of my team again any helpful opinions are appreciated

Goalkeeper

Begovic

Defender

Van Dijk
    Yosida
    Kabasele

Midfield

Cork
    Lingard
    DeBruyne
    Salah
    Xhaka

Forward

Firmino
    Aguero

Substitute

Fabianski
    Zabaleta
    Doherty
    Quaner

At the moment I am 3-5-2

That midfield is the thing that jumps out at me. As far as I know, de Bruyne isn't expected to play straight away, so you may be left a little light. I'd be tempted to mess around with the Lingard/Cork/Xhaka trio aswell. Personally I wouldn't want either Cork or Xhaka starting on a regular basis - I'd be tempted to get a Cairney or Ralls type of player who may be more central to what their team is doing. If you had any money in the bank, somebody like Richarlison would be a significant upgrade over Xhaka for not a huge investment.

Decided to try and fit Salah Mané Auba and Kun in... I'll want Auba in GW3 and I know I won't want to get rid of Aguero then. So here's the current draft:

Patricio
    Mendy Robertson Holebas
    Salah Mané Walcott Costa
    Auba Aguero King

Stek WanB Peltier Stephens

GKs: 4.5 set and forget isn't something I'm fully comfortable with but Patricio is a decent keeper and the fixtures aren't too bad.

Defs: Mendy and Robertson speak for themselves and will play every week. Was struggling to find a decent 4.5 to rotate with WanB. Don't want Southampton/Bournemouth def and Huddersfield have tough opener. Don't fully trust Watford either but at least Holebas has an attacking threat. Peltier should start for a while unless Cardiff buy a replacement this week.

Mids: Pool double up just makes sense. No City mid so will avoid rotation headache. Not fully decided on Walcott yet...he could become Ricky/Pedro/Jota. Likewise with Costa...he could become Ralls/Cairney. What I like about Costa is that's he's playing in a team that should score goals. Rotation is a worry though.

Forwards: Auba and Aguero will be must haves from GW3 onwards I think and starting off with both of them will save me the hassle of trying to fit them both in. King is good value I think and the fixtures are decent.

Not bad at all. I was surprised that team comes to under 100m to be honest, a good few heavy hitters without compromising too much with the rest of the starters. Walcott / Costa/ Patricio could be tinkered with I suppose, I currently have Richarlison in my own draft for the same price as Walcott I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Think I'm approaching a final team. Have ditched Sanchez to get Aguero in. Still could change the likes of Daniels and Mata for same price alternatives. A little bit worried about Lacazette, should I be? He seems to have had a good preseason.

3-4-3

Pickord (Speroni)

Mendy, Coleman, Daniels, (Peltier), (Wan-Biss)

Salah, Mane, Mata, Richarlison, (Hudson-Odoi)

Aguero, Lacazette, Mitrovic

Was confined to a 5m keeper, 3 Everton but I think they're worth a punt with fixtures and price. Aguero & Mendy City cover will do for now. Want both Salah & Mane. Could live without Mata and / or Lacazette tbh. Might look into an alternative pairing for same price.

Suggestions welcome.

0.0m ITB ;)

Edit: Vardy & Mkhi might be a better pairing than Mata & Lacazette?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

3-4-3 (but subject to change)

Begovic

Robertson, Trippier, Cedric

Salah (c), Son, Sigurdsson, Townsend

Firmino, Tosun, Zaha

Subs. Van Aanholt, Malone, Jota, Fabianski

PARlance wrote: »
    Think I'm approaching a final team. Have ditched Sanchez to get Aguero in. Still could change the likes of Daniels and Mata for same price alternatives. A little bit worried about Lacazette, should I be? He seems to have had a good preseason.

3-4-3

Pickord (Speroni)

Mendy, Coleman, Daniels, (Peltier), (Wan-Biss)

Salah, Mane, Mata, Richarlison, (Hudson-Odoi)

Aguero, Lacazette, Mitrovic

Was confined to a 5m keeper, 3 Everton but I think they're worth a punt with fixtures and price. Aguero & Mendy City cover will do for now. Want both Salah & Mane. Could live without Mata and / or Lacazette tbh. Might look into an alternative pairing for same price.

Suggestions welcome.

0.0m ITB ;)

Edit: Vardy & Mkhi might be a better pairing than Mata & Lacazette?

I like it, solid enough. Would have doubts over dbl Everton defence tho

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Patricio - Foster
    PVA - Wan Bissaka - Cedric - Christie - Coleman
    Mane - Eriksen - Mata - Pedro - Josh Murphy
    Aguero - Firmino - Lacazette

0 ITB

______

Goalkeepers:
    Not much to be said. Two 4.5 keepers. Can't go wrong with Patricio and it'd be weird not to start a season without Ben Foster!

Defenders:
    PVA - Like I need to explain this :pac: He's carrying his form from last season into pre-season and hopefully a decent start to the season too. Flashforward 3/4 weeks when Palace have conceded a hat full and he's dropped like a stone in value. This season might be different.

Wan Bissaka - There's only Wan 4.0 option I feel comfortable with. Double Palace you argue? We're lucky I don't have 4.5 Schlupp in as a 3rd defender

Cedric - Too good to ignore, yet is it too early to include him?

Christie - Classic 4.5 option who could be anyone. Any better alternatives out there at 4.5 I'd love to hear?

Coleman - Tasty Everton fixtures. Nice price. Still a second expensive luxury if Everton concede goals.

General Comments - With two 5.5 defenders that aren't even a big clubs it's far from my standard 4.5 x 5 defender start. A bit rich for my defensive tastes, yet doesn't seem excessive.

Midfielders:
    Mane - What's there to say really, quality FPL player in a quality FPL attack. The only problem is that his name isn't Salah. Yeah that's right, No Salah!

Eriksen - Yeah Lucas Moura looks exciting, could I be talked into a swap? Probably. Will I? Probably not. Kane won't score until September anyway and I'd be tempted to go without anyone from slow starters Spurs. Quality all the same and may offset some of the other madness.

Mata - Not too sure how he ended up here. Started off as Sanchez before I started spreading the wealth. Probably need to switch him out?

Pedro - I'm filling in the ballot now, will he get my vote? In form, likely to play and only 6.5. It'd be folly not to consider him to begin the season surely?

Josh Murphy - Not the former Norwich attacking outlet I wanted but James Maddison at 6.5 is a bit too steep of a punt away to expert bus driver Jose in GW1, plus he may not start. Josh Murphy is exciting, and explosive. 5 goals in pre-season I believe. The problem? He plays for Cardiff and I'll be tempted to start him. Even worse when he scores 2 against Bournemouth as he sits as first sub.

General Comments: No Salah. 13 is too much dosh. Has the look of a theoretically amazing midfield of 3 years ago. Not template which is what I was trying to avoid.

Forwards:
    Aguero - Death, taxes and when fit Sergio Aguero will lead my line!

Firmino - Boring. Cheaper than Salah though. Will himself and Mane be enough? This won't turn into a classic Prodston vendetta if he continues scoring. Just rather not spend so much on him if I don't have to.

Lacazette - Wait what? That's not how you spell Zaha or Arnautovic. "Hey idiot if you switch they guy who starts against City to one of those template cheaper Prodston friendly forwards at 7.0 and either go Eriksen to Moura or get rid of Bobby F then you can afford Mo!" some of you may be silently thinking to yourself as you read all of this. But he's in form and could be fun to own. Obviously we'd all prefer to own the large PEA but he's also pretty expensive.

General Comments: Tradition dictates that you start a season with two heavy hitters and a cheaper forward. Does two 9.5's equate to a 12 & 7?

So it's Mo Money or Mo Salah?

______

I'm not totally digging it. It's a little different without being outlandish. Think I'd be better off swapping Mata for someone to rotate with Murphy in midfield?

Have a serious hankering for James Maddison and it's the first game that's doing enough to put me off him, which is ridiculous because Man Utd could well turn into a rabble quickly in Jose's 3rd season. Which only goes to prove why Mata will be gone as soon as I start tinkering having posted this.

It's all a question of winning friends without Salad Salah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm slowly but surely moving away from the idea of rotating 2 keepers
    Hate it
    Almost as much as I would hate owning foster.........
    May well end up spending 6ml on DDG unless Chelsea sell courtois and sign Pickford or schmeichel

Obviously if I only have one playing keeper I wont be bench boosting early either which will mean a squad revamp

• Advertisement

I like it, solid enough. Would have doubts over dbl Everton defence tho

Would have doubts over single Everton defense

Not bad at all. I was surprised that team comes to under 100m to be honest, a good few heavy hitters without compromising too much with the rest of the starters. Walcott / Costa/ Patricio could be tinkered with I suppose, I currently have Richarlison in my own draft for the same price as Walcott I think.

Ya I've got rid of Walcott for Ricky now. Saw a post by an Everton fan that said he had been impressed by Ricky pre-season plus I don't think Theo is fully fit yet. Costa is gone now too. Tempted to just go Fabianski set and forget rather than Patricio...the fixtures are awful and I'd be relying on save points but he's a proven shot stopper in the PL whereas Patricio isn't. I don't like starting off with two many players from promoted teams either.

Better to go with 11.5% owned Dale Stephens or 0.5% owned Kevin McDonald for the 4.5 5th mid spot? Normally I'd go for the least owned player but I seemed to remember low ownership players dropping in price last season due to needing less transfers out in order to drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Better to go with 11.5% owned Dale Stephens or 0.5% owned Kevin McDonald for the 4.5 5th mid spot? Normally I'd go for the least owned player but I seemed to remember low ownership players dropping in price last season due to needing less transfers out in order to drop.
    Tbh I'd be looking first and foremost at the lad who might get you a few points if you need them, rather than the risk of your lad hitting 4.4

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Finally found a balance I am happy with, please RMT, I’ve been looking for a good spread accross teams and price structure to enable me to cherry pick and slot in the in form players using 2FTs

Ederson
    Shaw Luiz Robertson
    Salah Sanchez Pedro Richardson
    King Arnie Aguero

Subs 4.0 GK, Wan Bisska, Cairney, Bedberek

I've made some adjustments to remove selection doubts:

Foster
    Mendy Luiz Robertson
    Salah Sanchez B Silva Cairney
    King, Tosun, Aguero

Subs Fabianksi, Wan Bisska, Schniderlin, Daniels

Got a good rotation going on between the fringe players :

Foster / Fab
    Daniels / Wan Bissaka
    Cairney / Schneiderlin

Worried I don't have United defence and a good start is hinging on Sanchez scoring in GW 1 and 2.

Solid Structure for the rest.

Will reasses B Silva & Sanchez in GW 3, likely switch to Arsenal & Spurs coverage.

Think I'm nearly there now and happy with how it's looking.

Ederson (Speroni)

Robertson, Holebas, Mendy (Peltier, Wan Bissaka)

Eriksen, Mane, Salah, Richarlison, Cairney

Aguero, Zaha (Quaner)

Ederson set & forget. City have a good start

Speroni 4.0 fodder

Robertson. Think Liverpool will have a good season (unfortunately as a United fan) and will pick up some cleanies, Robertson should pick up a few assists and bonus magnet IIRC

Holebas. He's a YC magnet from owning him before but a decent shout at 4.5. Not many other options IMO

Mendy. An almost certainty to be playing in most games, Pep likes him. Should get cleanies and the odd assist

Wan Bissaka. 4.0 playing DF all going well

Peltier. Same as above

Eriksen. Arguably the best midfielder in the league and is central to Spurs attack even if they are missing a few from the start.

Mane. Should have a big season. Liverpool will be scoring goals again and should be central to it.

Salah. He is so expensive but I'd rather have him misfiring and replacing with KDB or similar than not owning him when he is raking in the goals & assists like last year

Cairney. Hoping he can be a 5.0 FPL gem

Richarlison. Came in for a lot of money, fun owning him last year and will hopefully pick up his form when he was doing well last year.

Aguero. His two goals yesterday only confirmed his place in my team.

Zaha. Still a bit peeved he's a forward now but so be it. I like him and he should do well.

Quaner. 4.5 playing (hopefully) fodder

Anything glaringly obvious that I've missed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Quanar has been told he's out of the reckoning this season.

I read a transfer/loan to PNE was a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Saha or tosun ? Both 7 million both with good opening matches .
    I have Aubameyang as my 1st forward and Quaner as my 3 pick bench warmer .

I'm happy with the rest of my team it's just this puzzle that I need advise with .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Foster (Mc Carthy)

Clyne Mendy Bednarek (KWP, Ban-Wiss)

Salah (c) Mane Bilva Jota Schurle

Aguero Zaha (Arnie)

The alternative to having Salah is

Salah —-> Shaqiri

Bilva ——> Mahrez

Bednarek —-> Coleman

Arnie ———> Lacazette

Which team is better?

• Advertisement

I'd like to have Spacecraft, if Zaha leaves I'll deffo go for him.

Advertisement