Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

bodking wrote: »
    Saha or tosun ? Both 7 million both with good opening matches .
    I have Aubameyang as my 1st forward and Quaner as my 3 pick bench warmer .

I'm happy with the rest of my team it's just this puzzle that I need advise with .

Well Saha is retired for about 10 years so I'd say Tosun. :pac:

Sorry! Couldn't resist! :)

On a serious note though, I would have said Zaha was more nailed on (albeit potentially an OOP risk (but probably not)), whereas there are still questions over who is Everton's preferred striker out of Tosun and Niasse

That said, if Palace sign Ings then it could change things although Zaha will still be nailed on even in that case, but it makes the whole reverse OOP thing a glaring reality.

I'd go for Zaha personally out of those two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Round 3

Goalkeeper

Begovic

Defender

Van Dijk
    Coleman
    Kabasele

Midfield

Richarlison
    Lingard
    Milivojevic
    Salah
    Grob

Forward

Firmino
    Aguero

Substitute

Fabianski
    Zabaleta
    Doherty
    Vokes

Was deciding between Baines & Coleman as same price and went foe Coleman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Foster (Mc Carthy)

Clyne Mendy Bednarek (KWP, Ban-Wiss)

Salah (c) Mane Bilva Jota Schurle

Aguero Zaha (Arnie)

The alternative to having Salah is

Salah —-> Shaqiri

Bilva ——> Mahrez

Bednarek —-> Coleman

Arnie ———> Lacazette

Which team is better?
    Clyne is rotation waiting to happen.
    arnie is a solid pick and could score against anyone wouldn't bother benching.
    Shaq won't start most weeks either way
    I'd change bilva won't play after gw3 I'd say and rather Downgrade schurle and upgrade Defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's all a question of winning friends without Salad Salah?

If you bring the booze, I'll attend this No Salah Club.

Decided to try and fit Salah Mané Auba and Kun in... I'll want Auba in GW3 and I know I won't want to get rid of Aguero then. So here's the current draft:

Patricio
    Mendy Robertson Holebas
    Salah Mané Walcott Costa
    Auba Aguero King

Stek WanB Peltier Stephens

GKs: 4.5 set and forget isn't something I'm fully comfortable with but Patricio is a decent keeper and the fixtures aren't too bad.

Defs: Mendy and Robertson speak for themselves and will play every week. Was struggling to find a decent 4.5 to rotate with WanB. Don't want Southampton/Bournemouth def and Huddersfield have tough opener. Don't fully trust Watford either but at least Holebas has an attacking threat. Peltier should start for a while unless Cardiff buy a replacement this week.

Mids: Pool double up just makes sense. No City mid so will avoid rotation headache. Not fully decided on Walcott yet...he could become Ricky/Pedro/Jota. Likewise with Costa...he could become Ralls/Cairney. What I like about Costa is that's he's playing in a team that should score goals. Rotation is a worry though.

Forwards: Auba and Aguero will be must haves from GW3 onwards I think and starting off with both of them will save me the hassle of trying to fit them both in. King is good value I think and the fixtures are decent.

I like it.

I’ve ended up with something very similar having decided, at the last minute, to go with Aguero.

I’m not going with a 4.5m defender as I think I’d play him as my third defender just because he cost 0.5m more. So I’m currently going with two premium defenders and three 4.0’s that’ll hopefully play and I’ll rotate in the best fixture each week.

I don’t like Walcott due to preseason minutes and he can be injury prone. I’m going to risk Richarlison for a few weeks and see how he goes.

I’m going Austiin over King but will be looking at the likes of King when Austin gets injured in GW 1.

I have 6.0m left for my final midfielder, that I’ll have to play every week, but not really loving the options. I might just go with Cairney and accept I’ll start the season with 1.0m in the bank.

Or I could use that 1.0m to have a bench playing keeper and upgrade one of the 4.0m defenders to a 4.5m certain starter.

I was settled on a team since about 4-5 days ago but Dilva not starting in charity shield messed everything up. I really think I’ll avoid City midfield until I WC and then bring in Dilva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I like it.

I’ve ended up with something very similar having decided, at the last minute, to go with Aguero.

I’m not going with a 4.5m defender as I think I’d play him as my third defender just because he cost 0.5m more. So I’m currently going with two premium defenders and three 4.0’s that’ll hopefully play and I’ll rotate in the best fixture each week.

I don’t like Walcott due to preseason minutes and he can be injury prone. I’m going to risk Richarlison for a few weeks and see how he goes.

I’m going Austiin over King but will be looking at the likes of King when Austin gets injured in GW 1.

I have 6.0m left for my final midfielder, that I’ll have to play every week, but not really loving the options. I might just go with Cairney and accept I’ll start the season with 1.0m in the bank.

Or I could use that 1.0m to have a bench playing keeper and upgrade one of the 4.0m defenders to a 4.5m certain starter.

I was settled on a team since about 4-5 days ago but Dilva not starting in charity shield messed everything up. I really think I’ll avoid City midfield until I WC and then bring in Dilva.

Would you consider Fraser as your 4th mid seeing that you're not going for King? He's the best of the 5.5/6 bunch I think. I'm having second thoughts now again. It's basically coming down to Auba+Cairney vs. Zaha/Arnie+Mahrez. Can't help but think option b would score more.

Would you consider Fraser as your 4th mid seeing that you're not going for King? He's the best of the 5.5/6 bunch I think. I'm having second thoughts now again. It's basically coming down to Auba+Cairney vs. Zaha/Arnie+Mahrez. Can't help but think option b would score more.

I would consider him but doubt I’d go for him. Stan is the man to own at Bournemouth but the poor guy can’t stay fit.

I can’t start the season without Aubameyang. If it ends up that Lacazette is the man to own, at the prices, then so be it but I’m not going against my notes from last season and I have Aubameyang as a ‘absolute must start with’.

The other way of me maybe looking at my final midfield slots is to not have a 4.5 and look at it as 10.5m for two players. So I could go with a 5.0m and a 5.5m and rotate but I just don’t want that weekly decision. I’ve had two top 6k finishes and that’s come without needing to make weekly rotation choices and I think I’d like to keep it that way.

So I’ll start with Chalobah on my bench and then have 6.0m for my fourth starting midfielder. If Cairney doesn’t work out then maybe another sub 6.0m option will turn up. I haven’t completely given up hope that Gray will turn in to the footballer I think he is and he’s only 5.5m.

Of your options I think A is the safer choice. Both nailed to start. No worry about where they’ll play. And no worry about City midfield rotation.

Your other option of course is to gamble with Lacazette and hope he scores nearly as well as Aubameyang which is a possibility if he does indeed start through the middle and cements a place. I could easily have him within 5 GW’s and use the extra cash elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I like it.

I'd go for Seri // Schurrle // Armstrong. Read a report on a Fulham friendly where Cairney seemed to be sat in center midfield for the entire game.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Wilberto wrote: »
    Well Saha is retired for about 10 years so I'd say Tosun. :pac:

Sorry! Couldn't resist! :)

On a serious note though, I would have said Zaha was more nailed on (albeit potentially an OOP risk (but probably not)), whereas there are still questions over who is Everton's preferred striker out of Tosun and Niasse

That said, if Palace sign Ings then it could change things although Zaha will still be nailed on even in that case, but it makes the whole reverse OOP thing a glaring reality.

I'd go for Zaha personally out of those two. :)

Thanks for the input , I think lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gudmonnson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Art McCarrick

457701.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Foster/Fab
    Looking like the template 4.5s at this stage, leading towards an early BB.

Robertson/Mendy/Doherty/Wan-Bissaka/Peltier
    Robertson and Mendy are pricey, but I think they'll be good for attacking returns. Wolves have an easy start, and I think Doherty could be good as an attacking wing-back. Two 4.0s who will hopefully play to fill the bench.

Salah/Sanchez/Mkhi/Richarlison/Ralls
    Salah is a no-brainer. Sanchez is a hill I'm willing to die on at this stage. Not convinced with the rest of this midfield, this is where tinkering may occur. Mkhi is excellent value if he is nailed on. So is Rikky if he gets back to his early last season form...lot of "ifs" there however. Ralls as a cheapie bench option, takes set pieces which is all you can ask of a 5.0 bench filler imo.

Aguero/Mitrovic/Zaha
    Hastily added Kun after his display on Sunday. Mitro is another hill I'm willing to die on. Not convinced with Zaha, worried his head might be turned. Austin/Arnie in my thoughts.

Nothing in the bank, but I'm getting close I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Foster/Fab
    Looking like the template 4.5s at this stage, leading towards an early BB.

Robertson/Mendy/Doherty/Wan-Bissaka/Peltier
    Robertson and Mendy are pricey, but I think they'll be good for attacking returns. Wolves have an easy start, and I think Doherty could be good as an attacking wing-back. Two 4.0s who will hopefully play to fill the bench.

Salah/Sanchez/Mkhi/Richarlison/Ralls
    Salah is a no-brainer. Sanchez is a hill I'm willing to die on at this stage. Not convinced with the rest of this midfield, this is where tinkering may occur. Mkhi is excellent value if he is nailed on. So is Rikky if he gets back to his early last season form...lot of "ifs" there however. Ralls as a cheapie bench option, takes set pieces which is all you can ask of a 5.0 bench filler imo.

Aguero/Mitrovic/Zaha
    Hastily added Kun after his display on Sunday. Mitro is another hill I'm willing to die on. Not convinced with Zaha, worried his head might be turned. Austin/Arnie in my thoughts.

Nothing in the bank, but I'm getting close I think.

Cairney over Ralls? From what I'm reading he's supposedly the main. Only thing is it would leave you with Double fulham if he comes off the bench.

I've Richarlison also, I think he'll do well. Not a fan of Mhiky and don't feel he's done much to warrant that. Will he even start?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kieran12

Rate my team please

Goalkeeper:
    DDG (Boruc)

Defenders:
    Trippier
    Robertson
    Cedric
    (Wan-Bissaka)
    (Malone)

Midfielders:
    Albrighton
    Salah
    Son
    Richarlison
    (Stephens)

Forwards:
    Zaha
    Firmino (C)
    Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kieran12

kieran12 wrote: »
    Rate my team please
    Rate my team please

Goalkeeper:
    DDG (Boruc)

Defenders:
    Trippier
    Robertson
    Cedric
    (Wan-Bissaka)
    (Malone)

Midfielders:
    Albrighton
    Salah
    Son
    Richarlison
    (Stephens)

Forwards:
    Zaha
    Firmino (C)
    Aguero

Playing 3-4-3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Rate my team please

Goalkeeper:
    DDG (Boruc)

Defenders:
    Trippier
    Robertson
    Cedric
    (Wan-Bissaka)
    (Malone)

Midfielders:
    Albrighton
    Salah
    Son
    Richarlison
    (Stephens)

Forwards:
    Zaha
    Firmino (C)
    Aguero

Playing 3-4-3

Nice team, good spread of teams. Trippier and Cedric very likely to miss at least the first GW. Not sure the stance on Albrighton and Son, the latter might not start GW1 either and is prone to rotation. To be safe, you could switch Trippier to a 5m or 5.5m and then upgrade Son to Alli or Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Cairney over Ralls? From what I'm reading he's supposedly the main. Only thing is it would leave you with Double fulham if he comes off the bench.

I've Richarlison also, I think he'll do well. Not a fan of Mhiky and don't feel he's done much to warrant that. Will he even start?

Yeah, I'm not the greatest fan of Mikky either (no innuendo intended ;)), but options at that price range are very thin. Might have to have a bit of a re-jig.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not the greatest fan of Mikky either (no innuendo intended ;)), but options at that price range are very thin. Might have to have a bit of a re-jig.

You could always downgrade Mhiky and upgrade on Mitro/Zaha if that suited also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

This has been tough this year to find a starting squad. But this is what I'm going for

Pickford
    Luiz PVA Daniels
    Mane Sane Sessegnon Eriksen
    Tosun Aubameyang Firmino

Stekelenburg Holebas Wan-bis Stephens

Gk: Everton have a great start in fixtures so hoping for some Cs off Pickford, said if I'm going for 4m gk might aswell go for his backup

Def: this was tough but said I'd go for Luiz and see how Chelsea start, he's risky but might be a good punt. PVA I'm hoping will hit the ground running and with the rest I feel there's good rotation there with wan b Daniels and Holebas

Mid: ok no salah, I might be mad but 13m on one player just didn't sit right with me, he's unbelievable I know but I'm taking the risk. Sane should have a good start and mane will be consistent I feel points wise. Eriksen is aswell a safe bet but I'm a little concerned by spurs this year but I'll see how he'll start. Sessegnon played brilliantly for Fulham last year and I feel he'll have an excellent season, only thing is he's pricey for a promotion player.

Fwd: Auba was a no brainer for me, arsenal have some great fixtures coming and he'll be a beast this season I think. Tosun will be the focal point of Evertons attack so I'm hoping with there decent starting fixtures he should be good.
    Firmino should be solid again this season.

Overall I'm happy, salah is a gamble but I easily change that with downgrade on firmino if needed. Luiz is the one player I might take out before the start but I'll see closer to Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

1st Squad Done, how's it looking?

• Advertisement

Why is Cedric on the bench at home to Burnley and Wan B is starting away to Fulham?

@Jamesbere
    Plenty of logic in having the 4m cover for Pickford but it limits your ability to get Everton players in. If they hit form then there's some serious midfield value there that will act as enablers too.

PARlance wrote: »
    @Jamesbere
    Plenty of logic in having the 4m cover for Pickford but it limits your ability to get Everton players in. If they hit form then there's some serious midfield value there that will act as enablers too.

Good point, something I didn't consider. Might look at a different 4m gk. Thanks for advice

Newcastle have a poor start fixtures wise, might be risky going for 2 players

jamesbere wrote: »
    Good point, something I didn't consider. Might look at a different 4m gk. Thanks for advice

We could just as essily have 0 Everton in after a few weeks but there is great potential value there if they click.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

jamesbere wrote: »
    Newcastle have a poor start fixtures wise, might be risky going for 2 players

Sort of a Newcastle fan here. They've also had a poor pre-season and the players are currently refusing media engagements in a dispute over bonuses. I'd be steering well clear for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ederson
    Gomez - Coleman - Cedric
    Salah - Sane - Neves - Mkhitaryan
    Aguero - Firmino - Tosun

Speroni - Bednarek - Tarkowski - Masuaku

PARlance wrote: »
    We could just as essily have 0 Everton in after a few weeks but there is great potential value there if they click.

Agreed Everton have great potential, trying to find a team outside the top six that will do well is tough, Everton I feel on paper should be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Foster
    Daniels, PVA, Davis
    Salah, Mane, Sane, Cairney
    Zaha, Aguero, Arnautovic

Fab, Hudson Odi, Cedric, Simpson

And I am not looking at that team anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Heading off on honeymoon tomorrow so just wondering what people’s thoughts are here

Foster
    Wan-bissaka Lowe Mee
    Ramsey Sanchez Sane Salah
    Auba Austin Zaha

Fabianski Ciarney Peltier Bennet

Advertisement