Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

km79 wrote: »
    Early !
    Sanchez is tempting though
    As is Martial! Could be playing OOP like Sanchez too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

As is Martial! Could be playing OOP like Sanchez too.

I've about as much interest in martial as Jose :D

I just start having a look at fixtures and stuff soon

Not getting the Mkhitaryan love, their start is as bad as it gets, really. I'll be avoiding them like the plague until GW3 at the earliest. Then him and Kolasinac become decent WC prospects.

My draft:

Forster /( Fabianski)
    Otamendi / Daniels / Ward (Bennett / Peltier)
    Salah / Sané / Milivojevic / Doucouré / (Mooy)
    Firmino / Aguero / Wilson

3-4-3 with the option of a 3-5-2 for Wilson's more difficult fixtures.

Keepers are subject to Forster going to the 'Pool, will have to revisit if that doesn't come to fruition. It will also mean I've 4 pool players GW1, so I'll have to change that. Defence is strong enough for first three, will then look at the likes of Lascelles and Kolasinac coming in.

Forward line is pretty much as good as I can get it, think the big 2 will be top of the points come end of August. Hoping Wilson can recover the form he had before his leg break.

Midfield is a weird one. I'm gonna be playing two of either DoucorMooy or Wilson each week, which doesn't fill me with confidence. Mooy will be missing most weeks, so I may just downgrade him to try get Arnie in.

No Utd, Spurs or Chelsea players is a big sticking point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The thing about Arsenal is that they often raise their game against the big teams and with a new manager in place I'm thinking they'll all be out to impress him from the off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Totally agree - the matches against Arsenal and the top teams have often been high enough scoring too, so even if they might lose, I always fancy them for a goal or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Fabianski / McCarthy

Cheap & rotate well

Tomkins / Daniels / Mee / Peltier /Bennett

Last 2 will be permanently on bench unless they show form or I can afford an upgrade

Salah/Sane/Mane/Neves/Delofeu
    No explanation required for first 3, Neves is a punt but will bench most weeks, Delofeu I think is underpriced

Firmino/Lukaku/Wilson

Will swap Wilson for Danny Ings if he moves club & use the 0.5 to upgrade one of the cheap defenders or Neves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Fabianski / McCarthy

Cheap & rotate well

Tomkins / Daniels / Mee / Peltier /Bennett

Last 2 will be permanently on bench unless they show form or I can afford an upgrade

Salah/Sane/Mane/Neves/Delofeu
    No explanation required for first 3, Neves is a punt but will bench most weeks, Delofeu I think is underpriced

Firmino/Lukaku/Wilson

Will swap Wilson for Danny Ings if he moves club & use the 0.5 to upgrade one of the cheap defenders or Neves
    I have the exact same back 7!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

skippy15 wrote: »
    Coleman: Good opening fixtures, should come back strongly and strong attacking potential

Hmmm, Coleman could be a great shout at 5.5m. Everton have a great opening 9 fixtures apart from Arsenal away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

MrMac84 wrote: »

Is that a good sign or not though ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is that a good sign or not though ?

The lack of any defensive coverage from the top four/five (mainly City, Utd, and Chelsea) could potentially come back to haunt ye. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

1st Draft

DDG/Fabianski
    Daniels/Lovren/Hobebas/Doherty/Bamba
    Salah/Son/McArthur/Fraser/Deulofeu
    Agüero/Lukaku/Tosun

3/4/3
    Just for the first 3 weeks

Comments with alternatives please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Daniel's was absolute dirt last season
    I should know I owned him for over half of it
    Still waiting for his attacking return ........

Can't believe he is in so many teams
    Same with Callum Wilson
    Bournemouth burned me bad last year I won't be going back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

First draft . Taughts please

Pickford (Fabs)
    Schindler Kilasinac Jones (Tomkins/Tarkowkski)
    Son Sanè KDB Walcott(kante)
    Wilson Firmino C Augero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Dubliner28 wrote: »

Pickford (Fabs)
    Schindler Kilasinac Jones (Tomkins/Tarkowkski)
    Son Sanè KDB Walcott(kante)
    Wilson Firmino C Augero

Would be considering Kilasinac alright but only after the first 2 fixtures.

Jones might be a risk of rotation with Smalling, Bailly, Lindelof, etc. Was good value for some of last season but had to give up on him when he seemed to fall out of favor with Josie.

Wilson did well for me last season in his first few games but then lost the habit of scoring goals for far too much of last season and was just on the bench for a good while before I got the free transfer to upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I like this.

Fabianski Begovic
    Coleman Tomkins Cedric Peltier Bennett
    Salah Mane Silva Deulofeu Gray
    Aubamayang Aguero Quaner

Can also do...

Coleman, Mané and Aubamayang ----> Robertson, Sanchez and Firmino.

Plenty of captain options in attack. 2 Liverpool and 2 City in attack is probably sensible. Gray a sort of punt, but should start with no Mahrez. I like Deulofeu at 5.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Going 3 Liverpool, 3 City, 3 Everton and 2 Southampton for my first 11. All fixtures based but Liverpool and City are the 2 best teams and fancy Everton to start well under Silva.

McCarthy

Mendy Coleman Baines Cedric

Salah Mane Sane Silva Walcott

Firmino

Subs: 4.0, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Totally agree - the matches against Arsenal and the top teams have often been high enough scoring too, so even if they might lose, I always fancy them for a goal or two

I'd say all that form goes out the window with Wenger gone though... remains to be seen but based on his signings so far it seems unlikely Emery will be anywhere near as gung-ho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Changed things up a bit

Ederson (4.0 fodder)
    TAA Tomkins Cedric Daniels (Peltier/Bennett)
    Salah Silva Ramsey Siggy Jota
    Firmino Aguero (Madine)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Opinions of this

Fabianski-McCarthy
    Boly-Tomkins-Daniels-Bennett-Peltier
    Salah-Sanchez-Sane-Mkhitaryian-Cork
    Firmino-Vardy-Wilson

Anyone care to rate my Team

From the OP -

‘If people are posting their teams could they offer some reasons why they chose some of the players and also offer advice to others, cheers.’

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Am liking my first draft, no doubt things will change but don't think too drastically

Ederson

Bailly, Coleman, Daniels (Tomkins, Bennett)

Milojevic, Sane, Mane, Sanchez, Deulefou

Firmino, Aguero (Quaner)

Ederson and City have a good start, cheapest way into their defence

Bailly should start United first few games and cheapest into their defence

Coleman I think could have a good season, can play quite forward and maybe nab a few assists, Everton have a good start too

Daniels & Tomkins (BOU & CRY rotate well and have favourable fixtures. They have (CDF, whu, EVE, SOU, LEI, NEW, CRY, WLV, SOU, ful in first 10 games shamelessly taken from FFS)

Bennett is a 'playing' fodder

Milojevic is a decent set piece taker and cheap, 10 goals last season although doubt he'll score from open play

Sane will be raring to go and cant see him as rotation risk. City with a great opening few fixtures

Mane....... Salah is just too expensive atm and will he re produce what he did last year? Hard to know, Mane will undoubtedly get a few goals & assists regarldess

Sanchez, no WC and I think he might be OOP at the start of the season, risky given his price

Deulefou - I think he could have a good season, rated highly just hasnt produced

Firmino, great season last year and undervalued

Aguero.... Its Kun

Quaner - playing fodder

Interested in any thoughts!

manual_man wrote: »
    Changed things up a bit

Ederson (4.0 fodder)
    TAA Tomkins Cedric Daniels (Peltier/Bennett)
    Salah Silva Ramsey Siggy Jota
    Firmino Aguero (Madine)
    No weaknesses I can see. Solid.

Am liking my first draft, no doubt things will change but don't think too drastically

Ederson

Bailly, Coleman, Daniels (Tomkins, Bennett)

Milojevic, Sane, Mane, Sanchez, Deulefou

Firmino, Aguero (Quaner)

Ederson and City have a good start, cheapest way into their defence

Bailly should start United first few games and cheapest into their defence

Coleman I think could have a good season, can play quite forward and maybe nab a few assists, Everton have a good start too

Daniels & Tomkins (BOU & CRY rotate well and have favourable fixtures. They have (CDF, whu, EVE, SOU, LEI, NEW, CRY, WLV, SOU, ful in first 10 games shamelessly taken from FFS)

Bennett is a 'playing' fodder

Milojevic is a decent set piece taker and cheap, 10 goals last season although doubt he'll score from open play

Sane will be raring to go and cant see him as rotation risk. City with a great opening few fixtures

Mane....... Salah is just too expensive atm and will he re produce what he did last year? Hard to know, Mane will undoubtedly get a few goals & assists regarldess

Sanchez, no WC and I think he might be OOP at the start of the season, risky given his price

Deulefou - I think he could have a good season, rated highly just hasnt produced

Firmino, great season last year and undervalued

Aguero.... Its Kun

Quaner - playing fodder

Interested in any thoughts!

Nothing negative to say about that team.

Is Bailly a definite starter though ?

I’m liking your thinking on Sanchez. I had thought of taking a punt on him but I hadn’t thought he may start the season up top. Could be a good call.

I see you have gone the Mane & Firmino route over Salah and a 6m striker. I’m struggling with this one too as I fancied Mane last season but think I’ll start with Salah and Austin (maybe even Niasse) this season.

I also like your gamble on Gerry but I might go with Gray (again) for my low cost midfield gamble this season. I really rate Gerry though so I may rethink that one.

I don’t fancy Milo myself as he relies too heavily on set pieces but I said that all last season too.

Nice looking team you have there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Nothing negative to say about that team.

Is Bailly a definite starter though ?

I’m liking your thinking on Sanchez. I had thought of taking a punt on him but I hadn’t thought he may start the season up top. Could be a good call.

I see you have gone the Mane & Firmino route over Salah and a 6m striker. I’m struggling with this one too as I fancied Mane last season but think I’ll start with Salah and Austin (maybe even Niasse) this season.

I also like your gamble on Gerry but I might go with Gray (again) for my low cost midfield gamble this season. I really rate Gerry though so I may rethink that one.

I don’t fancy Milo myself as he relies too heavily on set pieces but I said that all last season too.

Nice looking team you have there.

Thanks, no doubt it'll change!

Bailly remains to be seen, I'd have thought so, himself and Smalling starting the season. Jones & Lindelof to take time settling back in after WC.

Salah could change, not convinced he will do what he did last year but everyone said that about Kane and look how that turned out.

Gray could step up to the plate with Mahrez gone, unless they look to bring someone in to replace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Anyone care to rate my Team

6 out of 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dubliner28 wrote:

5 our of 10, Good use of brackets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

De Gea - Probably will be in my team for the season.
    Button - 4.0 keeper
    Femenia - Watford seem to have a reasonable first 3 fixtures
    Daniels - same as Femenia
    Alexander-Arnold - seems a good price but not sure if he is nailed on to play
    Tomkins - Cheap defender, reasonable fixtures.
    Peltier - Random 4.0 defender.
    Salah - I follow Liverpool and not sure he will have the season he had last year but not taking any chances!
    Mkhitarayan - First 2 fixtures aren't great but if he plays he should have a good season.
    Deulofeu - Potentially could be very good not sure if he is nailed on either
    Eriksen - Every time I have him he does nothing. Apart from United away the fixtures are good at the start, assuming Kane does what he normally does at the start of a season so Spurs would be depending on him more.
    Neves - Seemed to score a few goals in the Championship last year.
    Firmino
    Aguero
    Arnautovic

The three strikers I am happy with, Arnautovic is capable of scoring against anyone. Only question marks would be Alexander-Arnold, Deulofeu and Neves maybe. Not sure if I should have a Man City midfielder (Sterling/Sane) in there somewhere or Sanchez but it would mean downgrading my attack.

claw wrote: »
    De Gea - Probably will be in my team for the season.
    Button - 4.0 keeper
    Femenia - Watford seem to have a reasonable first 3 fixtures
    Daniels - same as Femenia
    Alexander-Arnold - seems a good price but not sure if he is nailed on to play
    Tomkins - Cheap defender, reasonable fixtures.
    Peltier - Random 4.0 defender.
    Salah - I follow Liverpool and not sure he will have the season he had last year but not taking any chances!
    Mkhitarayan - First 2 fixtures aren't great but if he plays he should have a good season.
    Deulofeu - Potentially could be very good not sure if he is nailed on either
    Eriksen - Every time I have him he does nothing. Apart from United away the fixtures are good at the start, assuming Kane does what he normally does at the start of a season so Spurs would be depending on him more.
    Neves - Seemed to score a few goals in the Championship last year.
    Firmino
    Aguero
    Arnautovic

The three strikers I am happy with, Arnautovic is capable of scoring against anyone. Only question marks would be Alexander-Arnold, Deulofeu and Neves maybe. Not sure if I should have a Man City midfielder (Sterling/Sane) in there somewhere or Sanchez but it would mean downgrading my attack.
    Good team. Beware, Kiko Femenia isn't nailed. There's a few fighting for the RB position. Kabasele for the same price is 99% gonna start.

Watford under Kiko Flores are a decent punt for defenders and their fixtures are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Thought's my first go at it

Fabianski

Valencia
    Alonso
    TTA

Sane
    Walcott
    Eriksen
    Mikhitaryan

Firmino
    Aguero
    Giroud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Thought's my first go at it

Fabianski

Valencia
    Alonso
    TTA

Sane
    Walcott
    Eriksen
    Mikhitaryan

Firmino
    Aguero
    Giroud

I think you are meant to buy another four players.

Advertisement