Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Bobby could be a good price.

As could lacazette and auba. Either of those could get off to a flyer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

This is my current draft, will probably wildcard after 3 or 4 weeks so i picked this team with only the first 3/4 gameweeks in mind.

Hart, Button

Robertson, Mendy, Wan Bissaka, Bamba, Bednarek

Salah, mane, jota, rawls, Hudson Odoi

Aguero, aubamayeng, mitrovic

I've taken a few risks on some cheapies that I'm hoping will start;

Will Hart start gw1? 4.5 for a Burnley defender with kind fixtures is very good value imo. I'm not sure if he's been signed too late to be ready to start gw1 but I believe Heaton and Pope are both injured so I'm hoping he'll be rushed into action.

Button is a random 4m gk with low ownership. If anyone thinks of a 4m gk that might actually play some games I'm all ears. Can any Brighton fans confirm if Button is no. 2?

Bednarek and Wan Bissaka are both likely to start as far as I'm aware but it's certainly a risk

I'm hoping Hudson Odoi will start gw1, after that he'll be bench fodder. 4.5m for Chelsea attacking coverage against Huddersfield is insane value. Not too bug a risk considering his price though I guess there's a decent chance of a one pointer off the bench.

Rawls seemed to do well last season and was on set pieces I believe. I gather Cardiff are quite good at set pieces, have they signed anyone I should know about who might take set piece duties from Rawls?

If anyone has any input on the above, I'd appreciate some feedback.

You've no chance with those strikers.

Change it around and get at least one premium.

Everyone acting like the promoted teams will be top 10. We can't tell til they play

Eh.

He had one player, in a squad of fifteen, from a promoted club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

ok so,

Hart (Boruc)
    Walker - Stones - Walker Peters (Bellerin & Bennett,Wolves)
    Hazard - Salah - Sane - Gray - Fred
    Ings - Aubameyang ( Kamara)

If Ings gets his move i keep him if not i shift him....Kamara will auto sub in for him - only thing i worry about here is double city defence with not chelsea backs in there at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

ok so,

Hart (Boruc)
    Walker - Stones - Walker Peters (Bellerin & Bennett,Wolves)
    Hazard - Salah - Sane - Gray - Fred
    Ings - Aubameyang ( Kamara)

If Ings gets his move i keep him if not i shift him....Kamara will auto sub in for him - only thing i worry about here is double city defence with not chelsea backs in there at the moment.

Aurier is going to start instead of Walker-Peters. Hazard has also just returned to training this week and won't be ready for GW1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Shaw will start until young is back.
    Young nor even training yet apparently

Mikh y defo start. Auba laca ozil mikhy front 4 in some way

Apparently he's having a great pre season

*prays*

Some feel Emery may think those 4 on the pitch may leave them open defensively as none of them like to track back hence Mikhi possibly benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

After many drafts I've come up with this. Thoughts please.

Foster Patricio
    Mendy PVA Robertson (AWB, peltier)
    Salah Erickson richarlison Bsilva (Stephens)
    Aguero king Arnie

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

I've been thinking about not selecting Salah and I've picked a team without him in it.
    Ryan (Boric)
    Robertson, Kabasele, Wan Bis, Tomkins, Peltier
    Mane, KDB, Sanchez, Ozil, Siggy
    Aguero, Tuscan ( or Zaha, Arnie), Kamara
    Any thoughts please leaving him out gives a very strong midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Shaw will start until young is back.
    Young nor even training yet apparently

Mikh y defo start. Auba laca ozil mikhy front 4 in some way

Apparently he's having a great pre season

*prays*

Not sure about Mkhitaryan starting at all tbh. If all of those 4 start, one of Torreira, Xhaka or Ramsey misses out. Can’t see that happening, unless Ramsey hasn’t recovered from his knock.

martin101 wrote: »
    After many drafts I've come up with this. Thoughts please.

Foster Patricio
    Mendy PVA Robertson (AWB, peltier)
    Salah Erickson richarlison Bsilva (Stephens)
    Aguero king Arnie

Currently looking at something similar, with David Luiz, Mane and Zaha instead of PVA, Eriksen and Arnie.

• Advertisement

fennor72 wrote: »
    I've been thinking about not selecting Salah and I've picked a team without him in it.
    Ryan (Boric)
    Robertson, Kabasele, Wan Bis, Tomkins, Peltier
    Mane, KDB, Sanchez, Ozil, Siggy
    Aguero, Tuscan ( or Zaha, Arnie), Kamara
    Any thoughts please leaving him out gives a very strong midfield.

I would be very, very reluctant to start without Salah. Highest owned player in the game and will be the go-to captain choice in GW1 and 3. Your season could be over before it starts if Salah clicks.

KDB is unlikely to start GW1, Sanchez will probably only play 1 game up front, Ozil has 2 awful fixtures to start, the sort he normally goes missing in and I’m not sure Siggy is worth the cash over Richarlison.

Also, Brighton have Man U, Liverpool and Spurs in the first 6. I’m not sure I’d use Ryan as my only keeper.

Basically, I’d put Salah back in!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Thanks, good points I was just seeing what kind of a team you could put together without Salah.
    Also regarding Mat Ryan the plan was to pick him and leave him there, I know Brighton do concede but they have a solid enough defence and he is great for picking up bonus points for saves. They beat Man Utd last season and drew with Spurs.
    He only finished 10 points behind Ederson in the final standings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

More tweaking...switch to 4-3-3

Foster
    Mendy David Luiz Robertson Shaw
    Salah B Silva Richarlison
    Aguero Auba King

Fab Wan B Stephens McDonald

I've gone for David Luiz and switched to 4-3-3 rather than taking a punt on a 5m mid from a promoted side. It means having two 4.5 mids which is a bit inflexible. Midfield might be a bit light but I can always downgrade one of the heavy hitters if a premium mid starts firing. Shaw is probably a transfer waiting to happen but I want Utd defensive cover and if I get the first two games out of him I'll be happy enough. Best case scenario he plays really well and keeps his place. Worst case I just upgrade to whichever cb looks the best option.

Edit: After a few beers I went back to my previous 3-4-3...too much tinkering can be a bad thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

More tweaking...switch to 4-3-3

Foster
    Mendy David Luiz Robertson Shaw
    Salah B Silva Richarlison
    Aguero Auba King

Fab Wan B Stephens McDonald

I've gone for David Luiz and switched to 4-3-3 rather than taking a punt on a 5m mid from a promoted side. It means having two 4.5 mids which is a bit inflexible. Midfield might be a bit light but I can always downgrade one of the heavy hitters if a premium mid starts firing. Shaw is probably a transfer waiting to happen but I want Utd defensive cover and if I get the first two games out of him I'll be happy enough. Best case scenario he plays really well and keeps his place. Worst case I just upgrade to whichever cb looks the best option.

Edit: After a few beers I went back to my previous 3-4-3...too much tinkering can be a bad thing

Not bad at all and not too dissimilar to mine but I just cannot get on board with Shaw (as you have said so yourself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Looking at

Ederson Speroni

Mendy Duffy Cedric Tomkins Wan Bissaka

Salah Sanchez Cairney Richarlison Kenedy

Aguero King Firmino

Will probably have it all torn up by this time tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

My attempt at a Kane, Kun, Mo squad.

Begovic Fabianski
    Robertson Hoedt Wan Bissaka Peltier Holebas
    Salah Mané Ralls Townsend Richarlison
    Kane Kun Kamara

Not the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I am thinking of getting in some players at big sides that are cheap and should play the first few weeks and also 15 players who will start.

Maybe use bench boost week 1 or 2 and wilcard week 3.

Any thoughts

Patricio

Van Dijk Shaw Azpi

Mata Pedro Moura Salah

Aguero King Lacazette

Fabianski Boly Cairney Wan Bissaka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I think I am close enough now to go...

Begovic - Fabianski

Luiz- Mendy- Daniels- Holebas- Wan B

Bilva- Salah- Pedro- Richarlison- Cairney

Firmino - Aguero - Tosun

0.5 ITB, plan would be to bring in Mhiky for Bilva after GW 3

Defensively the 2 GKs rotate well.
    Luiz and mendy will be certain starters with Daniels/Holebas and Wan B providing the 3rd starter.
    2 Everton Attackers for their good start
    3 City because of GW 2-7. I also like having Aguero so i can upgrade him to Kane fairly easily if needs be.
    The only problem I see with Bilva/Richarlison/Pedro is that at 6.5-7.5m, if a premium Midfielder becomes essential it will be hard to upgrade them so easily in 1 or 2 moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I never see the attraction of rotating goalkeepers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Aguero or Augbameyang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Kane Kun Mo squad attempt:

Begovic Boruc
    VVD Cedric Holebas Doherty Wan-Bissaka
    Salah Mahrez Richarlison Cairney Hudson-Odoi
    Kane Aguero King

Not bad at all. Enough options to rotate 3-4-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Looking at

Ederson Speroni

Mendy Duffy Cedric Tomkins Wan Bissaka

Salah Sanchez Cairney Richarlison Kenedy

Aguero King Firmino

Will probably have it all torn up by this time tomorrow

You have two of your City allocation used in your back line, a bad idea IMO, what if one of the other ones catch fire

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I am thinking of getting in some players at big sides that are cheap and should play the first few weeks and also 15 players who will start.

Maybe use bench boost week 1 or 2 and wilcard week 3.

Any thoughts

Patricio

Van Dijk Shaw Azpi

Mata Pedro Moura Salah

Aguero King Lacazette

Fabianski Boly Cairney Wan Bissaka

Thats a decent team if Pedro and Mata start.

I think I am close enough now to go...

Begovic - Fabianski

Luiz- Mendy- Daniels- Holebas- Wan B

Bilva- Salah- Pedro- Richarlison- Cairney

Firmino - Aguero - Tosun

0.5 ITB, plan would be to bring in Mhiky for Bilva after GW 3

Defensively the 2 GKs rotate well.
    Luiz and mendy will be certain starters with Daniels/Holebas and Wan B providing the 3rd starter.
    2 Everton Attackers for their good start
    3 City because of GW 2-7. I also like having Aguero so i can upgrade him to Kane fairly easily if needs be.
    The only problem I see with Bilva/Richarlison/Pedro is that at 6.5-7.5m, if a premium Midfielder becomes essential it will be hard to upgrade them so easily in 1 or 2 moves.

Your goalkeeping philosophies intrigue me

However double bournemouth is a massive risk

Double Everton is also a risk, they could start like a steam train ala Watford two years ago but they've pretty much bought a new defence this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Green&Red wrote: »
    Your goalkeeping philosophies intrigue me

However double bournemouth is a massive risk

Double Everton is also a risk, they could start like a steam train ala Watford two years ago but they've pretty much bought a new defence this week

Interesting you're the second one to point that out....
    I generally always start with two cheap playing GK's but in reality often lose points due to picking the wrong one (e.g consistently picking Foster over Elliott last year). There just seems something risky in picking 1 starting keeper and 4.0m non playing subsititute. I don't like spending big money on Keepers.

Noted and agreed ref Daniels as a second Bournemouth defender. I was also looking at Bamba, might be a better option in the circumstances. Or is it worth spending the money itb and bringing in Shaw?

Double Everton attack is a risk I am happy enough to take and move them on if it's not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Edersen - (Speroni)
    Robertson - Coleman - PvA - Mendy - (Wan Bassika)
    Salah - Richarlison - Cairney- (MikyT- Hudson-Odoi)
    Aguero - Firmino - Arnautovic

Draft #4,026,798

Is defense too heavy ? I had Dilva in there originally in midfield but with no show for the Community shield, I have decided to make room for Mendy

I went uber cheap on defense last season and it backfired big time. So I'm determined to not do that this time around

The only thing I dont intend to touch is the 2 keepers, Salah and the front 3 - everything else is up for grabs

Ya but who do you move Tosun on for?
    Personally I think he's a turd of a player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

So will Sane be rotated?? I noticed not many people have him in the team. Seems crazy after the season he just had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Rikand wrote: »
    Edersen - (Speroni)
    Robertson - Coleman - PvA - Mendy - (Wan Bassika)
    Salah - Richarlison - Cairney- (MikyT- Hudson-Odoi)
    Aguero - Firmino - Arnautovic

Draft #4,026,798

Is defense too heavy ? I had Dilva in there originally in midfield but with no show for the Community shield, I have decided to make room for Mendy

I went uber cheap on defense last season and it backfired big time. So I'm determined to not do that this time around

The only thing I dont intend to touch is the 2 keepers, Salah and the front 3 - everything else is up for grabs

Similar to one of my drafts, but I'm having second thoughts about having both Ederson and Mendy. A second City attacker might become essential very quickly.

A lot of people seem to be going big on defence in general this season, and I'm not 100% sold on that either. I went with a load of expensive full backs from the start last season and it was a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

GiftofGab wrote: »
    So will Sane be rotated?? I noticed not many people have him in the team. Seems crazy after the season he just had.
    Last year Sterling had 229 pts, De Bruyne had 209, Mahrez 195, Sane 179 and Dilva 169.

Then we have Bilva who didn't get much time last year but looks in the running for plenty of games this season. That is five players fighting for three spots. Jesus might get time in one of those spots too if Aguero is on fire up top.

It's just impossible to have any confidence as to which of Sterling, Mahrez, Sane and Jesus will start on any given matchday.

Advertisement