Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Green&Red wrote: »
    Ya but who do you move Tosun on for?

Zaha, Arnie, King, Mitro, Austin are all straight swaps depending on how things go.
    For one reason or another I am not confident enough to put any of the above in from the start, but it should be clear if they are good options after a week or 2.

I can also downgrade to a 4.5/5.0m bench warmer if I decide to go 3-5-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ederson (Speroni)

David Luiz - Daniels - Doherty (Bamba, Wan-Bissaka)

Pogba - Salah - Mkhitaryan - Sessengon - Eriksen

Aguero - Zaha (Bonatini)

Any comments? £99.5m, £0.5m in the bank.

I'm not sure on Mkhitaryan and Pogba to be honest. I think Pogba is worth the £8m punt given United will have Fred and Matic supporting him this season. Mkhitaryan is only £7m, with Ramsay £7.5m and injured (I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Fabianski
    Mendy - Roberston - PVA
    Salah - Richarlison - Jota - Cairney
    Kane - Kun - King

(Stek - Cedric - Bissaka - H-Odoi)

Toying around with the idea of starting with three big hitters... lunacy you say?

Well here's my thinking...

You're probably right! But I don't care :pac:

(I'll probably bottle it, dump Kane/upgrade a mid and revert to 352 before the deadline)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Ederson (Speroni)

David Luiz - Daniels - Doherty (Bamba, Wan-Bissaka)

Pogba - Salah - Mkhitaryan - Sessengon - Eriksen

Aguero - Zaha (Bonatini)

Any comments? £99.5m, £0.5m in the bank.

I'm not sure on Mkhitaryan and Pogba to be honest. I think Pogba is worth the £8m punt given United will have Fred and Matic supporting him this season. Mkhitaryan is only £7m, with Ramsay £7.5m and injured (I think)

Pogba doesn't seem to be in line to start, could be sold also. Miki has tough opening games

Begovic - Fab
    Wan Bissaka - Shaw - Mendy - Rice - Cedric
    Pedro - Richardson - Jota - Salah - Hudson Odi
    Aguero - Firmino - Mitrovic

IF cedric starts I think he'll do well, those Hughes quotes are keeping him there. Rice if he is OOP could be an option.
    Have 3m in the bank to up grade one of the 6.5m mids once the season starts

• Advertisement

Begovic - Fab
    Wan Bissaka - Shaw - Mendy - Rice - Cedric
    Pedro - Richardson - Jota - Salah - Hudson Odi
    Aguero - Firmino - Mitrovic

IF cedric starts I think he'll do well, those Hughes quotes are keeping him there. Rice if he is OOP could be an option.
    Have 3m in the bank to up grade one of the 6.5m mids once the season starts

It’s definitely nice having 3m in the bank for contingencies.

Are you planning on rotating keepers or just having a preferred 1st starter?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IcedJade

Advice on this one would be welcome.

Fantasy 1819.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

IcedJade wrote: »
    Advice on this one would be welcome.

Fantasy 1819.jpg

I would change

Luiz - not guaranteed to start

Neves- meh

Austin - don't think he'll score enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

First draft I'm reasonably happy with it:

Fabianski, (Stekelenburg)
    Robertson, Mendy, Cedric, (Wan-Bissaka), (Peltier)
    Salah, Pedro, Richarlison, Mata, (Hudson-Odoi)
    Kane, Aguero, King

Goalkeepers: Going for ultra-cheap options here. Bit risky, but planning on an early wildcard so will hopefully get away with it for a few weeks.

Defence: I'm expecting Robertson to be a serious asset this season, and think he's well worth the premium over TAA etc. Less convinced by Mendy, but willing to take the chance. Cedric seems to be the best of the 4.5 options, and the other two are fodder who will hopefully play.

Midfield: Salah because I'm too scared to go without. I'm a big fan of Pedro, and reckon he's excellent value at 6.5. If Richarlison can find the form he had for Watford under Silva last season, he'll be gold too. Mata is a bit of a gamble, but far less of a gamble than Sanchez who I had there initially... Hudson-Odoi has had a great pre-season and seems to be OOP.

Forwards: Kane is a huge gamble here. He looked wrecked in the latter stages of the world cup, is a notoriously slow starter and is seriously expensive. He'll be gunning for the golden boot though, and will be desperate to put an end to the August thing. Leaving him in for now. Aguero was first on the team sheet for me, and King is there because I can't afford Arnie.

It’s definitely nice having 3m in the bank for contingencies.

Are you planning on rotating keepers or just having a preferred 1st starter?

Rotate

The 3m lets me upgrade to Sane, Eriksen, Alli, Kane, lacazzette etc depending on who starts well and I'm happy that I'd like to see how Pedro (who looks amazing value) Jota and Ricki all start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

tailgunner wrote: »

Kane, Aguero, King

Goalkeepers: Going for ultra-cheap options here. Bit risky, but planning on an early wildcard so will hopefully get away with it for a few weeks.

Defence: I'm expecting Robertson to be a serious asset this season, and think he's well worth the premium over TAA etc. Less convinced by Mendy, but willing to take the chance. Cedric seems to be the best of the 4.5 options, and the other two are fodder who will hopefully play.

Midfield: Salah because I'm too scared to go without. I'm a big fan of Pedro, and reckon he's excellent value at 6.5. If Richarlison can find the form he had for Watford under Silva last season, he'll be gold too. Mata is a bit of a gamble, but far less of a gamble than Sanchez who I had there initially... Hudson-Odoi has had a great pre-season and seems to be OOP.

Forwards: Kane is a huge gamble here. He looked wrecked in the latter stages of the world cup, is a notoriously slow starter and is seriously expensive. He'll be gunning for the golden boot though, and will be desperate to put an end to the August thing. Leaving him in for now. Aguero was first on the team sheet for me, and King is there because I can't afford Arnie.

Looks good and good for thought for myself on a fee things like the one cheap keeper strategy as I just hate rotating them .
    I’ll also be wildcarding early have an less than 50/50 on an early B.B.
    i like the Pedro pick. At the moment I have 2 5 ml rotating mids and I just don’t like it
    Gonna see if I can squeeze him in

Having said all of that having salah Kane and aguero is harming the rest of the team imo
    Especially defence
    2 out of the 3 for me
    And I know who the odd 1 out will be

tailgunner wrote: »

Kane, Aguero, King

Very similar to my team. I think if money was no object I would still pick Firmino over Kane for the start of the season.
    I've had Sanchez and Mata in and out of my team and I always come back to this being a Mourinho team, he loves a 1-0 and is liable to take off an attacking player once they score, Mata being the most likely candidate

Looking at your defence its high risk. Saying that I have three of them but assuming Mendy and Robbo start, Cedric is a risk for GW1 and there is no certainty the other two will start, 4m defenders have a poor record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

@tailgunner interesting setup and could certainly do well. Mata and Pedro quite risky though both could find themselves benched by gw2 or gw3. I'd consider Jota maybe instead of one of them

I'm humming and hawing over Mata myself but just as a gw1 punt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Latest go at this:

Ederson Speroni
    Mee Robertson Mendy Davies Wan Bissaka
    Salah Mane Richarlison Neves Stephens
    Aguero Arnautovic Zaha

After watching Liverpool on Saturday I thought Salah and Mane were very good, so probably going to stick with them and not have Firmino at the moment. Decided to go with 4 at the back mainly because I am not sure what City are going to do with their midfield. For all the people who have put in Pedro in, he is someone I would love to put in but I have no faith that he is a sure starter. I would downgrade my defence if I thought he was.

claw wrote: »
    Latest go at this:

Ederson Speroni
    Mee Robertson Mendy Davies Wan Bissaka
    Salah Mane Richarlison Neves Stephens
    Aguero Arnautovic Zaha

After watching Liverpool on Saturday I thought Salah and Mane were very good, so probably going to stick with them and not have Firmino at the moment. Decided to go with 4 at the back mainly because I am not sure what City are going to do with their midfield. For all the people who have put in Pedro in, he is someone I would love to put in but I have no faith that he is a sure starter. I would downgrade my defence if I thought he was.

Like others, I just don't like have 2 city defenders.
    It leaves you cup tied if one of the City Mids starts the season on fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Is anyone planning on going 433 with a fairly generous spend at the back?

Ryan - Patricio/Fabianski
    Robertson - Mendy - 5.5Tbc - 4.5tbc - 4.5tbc
    Salah - Sanchez - Ricarlison - Fraser - Hughes
    Firmino - Austin - Arnie

Had Bailly, Cedric and Daniel's in the 3 spots at the back but that's fairly up in the air right now. 1.5itb to be able to see what happens in the first few weeks. 433 looks a lot more tempting this year than most to me for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Like others, I just don't like have 2 city defenders.
    It leaves you cup tied if one of the City Mids starts the season on fire.

I agree with you, it's just that I have no idea which midfielder to pick and I'm not sure I would be downgrading my attack to get Sterling or De Bruyne in. City have that many options that a different midfielder could be the star of the show each match. I can downgrade Mendy and Davies for two 4.5 defenders and upgrade Richarlison to a Man City midfielder up to 9.5.

jimmii wrote: »
    Is anyone planning on going 433 with a fairly generous spend at the back?

Ryan - Patricio/Fabianski
    Robertson - Mendy - 5.5Tbc - 4.5tbc - 4.5tbc
    Salah - Sanchez - Ricarlison - Fraser - Hughes
    Firmino - Austin - Arnie

Had Bailly, Cedric and Daniel's in the 3 spots at the back but that's fairly up in the air right now. 1.5itb to be able to see what happens in the first few weeks. 433 looks a lot more tempting this year than most to me for some reason.

Absolutely not, thats a disgusting team, I can't see where your money is going
    I wouldn't go for a 5.5m defender over a 5m defender, there is a big jump in class to the 6m defenders but not between 5 and 5.5m IMO
    If you were doing that I'd go a 4m and 5m at the back

I wouldn't go for a 5.5m defender over a 5m defender, there is a big jump in class to the 6m defenders but not between 5 and 5.5m IMO

Tell me how you really feel :pac:

Sure what would I know

Edit: I meant this literally!

• Advertisement

I think it looks like as the money is just spread more evenly instead of just weighted towards a few players. I just don't see as much value in the pricier players at the start at least. Agree there's probably more value in a lot of the 5s than the 5.5s but already have that money in the bank so upgraded it a little bit slightly less value but slightly higher points expectancy imo. I tried it with a 9.5 mid over Rich and slimmer at the back but just didn't like it as much and felt he was better value than any of those higher priced mids. After the first couple of Arsenal games were out the way I was planning on bringing in whichever of their forwards looks best for the run they have from gw3.

Upfront I think Austin and Arnie are just great value and feel you need to be spending 9+ to get better to start the season and I think spending 9+ on too many players you are never going to captain isn't a great move as standalone they just aren't good value their value is tied to their captaincy and that's more than likely going on Salah f9r the foreseeable with Sanchez and Firmino as back ups.

Sure what would I know

Sorry just wanted to make a quick comic response before writing an actual response. All opinions are welcome.

Arnie maybe, depending on how WH go which is a guess
    Austin hasn't really produced since his QPR days

Arnie maybe, depending on how WH go which is a guess
    Austin hasn't really produced since his QPR days

At his price he doesn't need to set the world on fire if he had a 1 in 3 rate over the season that would be decent value. Last season he got 7 goals in ~1000 minutes thinking if he can get the minutes his returns should be reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I tend to agree but it could be very effective if a bench boost is planned in the early weeks.

The lure of an early WC afterwards could be offset by 2FTs and a hit to restructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Right my recent draft. Nowhere near set in regards to attacking options unfortunately though.

Rui Patricio
    Mendy Luiz Robertson
    Cairney Salah Mhkit Mane Redmond
    Vardy Jiminez

Ryan - Wan-Bissaka, Manga, Arnie

Really worried about not having any City options going forward but can't settle on anyone besides KDB who I can't afford, unless I move Mane on (then worried about lack of LFC options)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pretty happy with this haven't tinkered for a few days

Ederson (Steklenburg)
    PVA Robbo Boly (Wan-B, Peltier)
    Salah Mahrez Mané Jota Richarlison
    Aguero Mitrovic (Kamara)

May go with Mata gw1 and then get Ricky in gw2

wardides wrote: »
    Right my recent draft. Nowhere near set in regards to attacking options unfortunately though.

Rui Patricio
    Mendy Luiz Robertson
    Vardy Jiminez

Really worried about not having any City options going forward but can't settle on anyone besides KDB who I can't afford, unless I move Mane on (then worried about lack of LFC options)

As you say no City, they have the best fixtures and are the best team

Also Redmond - the man will break ur heart

manual_man wrote: »
    Pretty happy with this haven't tinkered for a few days

Ederson (Steklenburg)
    PVA Robbo Boly (Wan-B, Peltier)
    Salah Mahrez Mané Jota Richarlison
    Aguero Mitrovic (Kamara)

May go with Mata gw1 and then get Ricky in gw2

I like it apart from Kamara and Mitro?
    I probably wouldn't choose Mahrez but thats a personal discrimination I've held against the man for a long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

wardides wrote: »

Rui Patricio
    Mendy Luiz Robertson
    Vardy Jiminez

Dont like front line or Redmond
    Who is manga ?

Advertisement