Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

km79 wrote: »
    Dont like front line or Redmond
    Who is manga ?

Mangala the only one I can think of and I don't even think he's playing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Kane is in my team now, not quite sure how that happened. Early kick off in August... what's the worst that came happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

PARlance wrote: »
    Kane is in my team now, not quite sure how that happened. Early kick off in August... what's the worst that came happen.

The thing is when he breaks the hoodoo he'll probably do it in style, break the record for goals scored in August by a player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Right first draft. Had Kane in but have moved him out again for the time being. Very City/Pool heavy but I think both those sides are going to score an awful lot of goals.

Foster/Fabianski

Robertson/Mendy/Peltier/Wan Bissaka/Tarkowski

Jota/Salah/Shaqiri/Schneiderlin/KDB

Aguero/King/Zaha

Early worry is that Shaqiri might be on the bench but he's been great in pre-season for Liverpool. And not sure KDB will start the first game after the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Green&Red wrote: »
    As you say no City, they have the best fixtures and are the best team

Also Redmond - the man will break ur heart

Indeed, had him last year, but hoping with no Tadic it might mean he will step up slightly (top scorer in pre season I think, notched an assist or two as well. At 5.5m and first 7 fixtures are as decent enough (BUR,eve,LEI,cry, BHA,Liv, wlv).
    Dont like front line or Redmond
    Who is manga ?

Manga plays CB for Cardiff. Was worried Bamba would play but looks like Manga will be the starting CB alongside Morrison but 0.5m cheaper. Would expect them to put a big focus on not conceding for the first 6/7 games as fixtures are as tough as they come after the first 3. Hoping for the odd cleansheet and perhaps a bit of Set Piece magic from Warnock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Right first draft. Had Kane in but have moved him out again for the time being. Very City/Pool heavy but I think both those sides are going to score an awful lot of goals.

Foster/Fabianski

Aguero/King/Zaha

Early worry is that Shaqiri might be on the bench but he's been great in pre-season for Liverpool. And not sure KDB will start the first game after the World Cup.

I would pick anyone else, literally anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Foster/Fabianski

Aguero/King/Zaha

Shaqiri wont start, either will KdB. There are far, far better options in midfield for £4.5 than the 2pt magnet that is Schneiderlin.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Shaqiri wont start, either will KdB. There are far, far better options in midfield for £4.5 than the 2pt magnet that is Schneiderlin.

Bring back Tom Carrolllll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Pretty happy with this haven't tinkered for a few days

Ederson (Steklenburg)
    PVA Robbo Boly (Wan-B, Peltier)
    Salah Mahrez Mané Jota Richarlison
    Aguero Mitrovic (Kamara)

May go with Mata gw1 and then get Ricky in gw2

Really like the Boly pick, reckon he could be good for a few goals. I'd go for him but I already have Patricio.

Really like the Boly pick, reckon he could be good for a few goals. I'd go for him but I already have Patricio.

A double up doesn't make sense. I had Patricio for a long time i think he'll do well. Boly's underlying stats would seem conducive to bonus. If he chips in with a goal or two all the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Foster/Fabianski

Aguero/King/Zaha

You could get Bernardo Silva for the same price as Shaqiri, he's probably more likely to start, for the first few weeks anyway. Schneiderlin to Stephens or McDonald. Would be worried about owning a Burnley cb after they signed Gibson for a record fee. Maybe Ward/Lowton would be safer though EL could see them being rotated too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

keano_afc wrote: »

Foster/Fabianski

Aguero/King/Zaha

I currently have 2 5ml mids but may move one up and one down yet so haven’t really looked too closely at 4.5 mids
    But
    There are not as many as previous years nailed on
    Darren fletcher , TPT and of course Gareth Barry

Who have we this year !

km79 wrote: »

Who have we this year !

Gana Gueye I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gana Gueye I would say.

He is 5ml!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Tracker9

DeGea-Stekelenburg
    Mee-Bednarek-Robertson-Jags-WanBissaka
    Miki-Eriksen-Salah-Cairney-Gunnarsson
    Arni-Aguero-Firmino

Tracker9 wrote: »
    DeGea-Stekelenburg
    Arni-Aguero-Firmino

Jags may not be nailed on if Mina joins.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Tracker9 wrote: »
    DeGea-Stekelenburg
    Arni-Aguero-Firmino
    I like it

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

DDG (Norris)
    Robertson Mendy WanB (Peltier, Bednarek)
    Salah Mane Bilva Richarlison (Hudson-Odoi)
    Aguero Zaha Arnie
    Early WC to assess arsenal's options for their run & try to accommodate KDB.
    Very tempted to go Mitrovic for Arnie & then upgrade Bednarek to Holebas or Hudson-Odoi to Cairney... Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSWS101 wrote: »
    DDG (Norris)
    Aguero Zaha Arnie
    Very tempted to go Mitrovic for Arnie & then upgrade Bednarek to Holebas or Hudson-Odoi to Cairney... Thoughts?

I'd upgrade one or two of your 4m defenders, its very unlikely they will all start
    Other than that nice time, will depend on Bilva's playing time

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Green&Red wrote: »
    DDG (Norris)
    Aguero Zaha Arnie

I'd upgrade one or two of your 4m defenders, its very unlikely they will all start
    Other than that nice time, will depend on Bilva's playing time
    I think Peltier & WanB will start, which should see me through til the international break as should Bilva. From there I'll make the changes, will likely go Bilva -> Mhki & upgrade def

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

DDG (Norris)
    Aguero Zaha Arnie

It's a good team but you're already likely forcing yourself into an early wc with that bench, little room to maneuver with any injury / suspension.

If you're not going to start Hudson then I don't see the point of having him in over a solid 4.5 starter. Hudson will be out of the team soon likely, get yourself a reliable 2 pointer. This gives you more breathing room if rotation / injuries / suspensions kick in.

I've gone for a cheap bench too, it's an attractive strategy if a bit risky. I wouldn't be against this spread of funds, but getting a reliable 4.5 mid in place of Hudson is one definite tweak that should be made imo, due to the question marks over your other bench players

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HoloHoop

Fab

Alexander-Arnold, Mendy, Wan-Bissaka

Salah, Sanchez, Richarlison, Ward-Prowse

Aubameyang, Aguero, Jimenez

Subs: Patricio, Peltier, Jagielka, Stephens

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

HoloHoop wrote: »
    Fab

Alexander-Arnold, Mendy, Wan-Bissaka

Salah, Sanchez, Richarlison, Ward-Prowse

Aubameyang, Aguero, Jimenez

Subs: Patricio, Peltier, Jagielka, Stephens

Considering the 5 premium players you have in (Mendy, Salah, Sanchez, Auba and Aguero) are 51.5 million, it is always going to be tough getting a balanced squad.
    Personally, I'd be dropping one of them (Auba?) for a cheaper option to upgrade one or two of your other players.
    In saying that, if those premium lads start strong you are away to a flier!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Foster, Fab
    Mendy, Van Aanholt, Daniels, Cedric, Peltier
    Salah, Mane, BSilva, Richarlison, Ralls
    Aguero, Arnie, Tosun

Downgrading Mendy to Shaw/TAA or Van Aaholt to Tompkins would give me a million each extra but had those guys in from the start to reluctant to second guess myself.

Happy enough with midfield as Liverpool, City and Everton have decent early fixtures.

Upfront not so sure:
    Arnie has tough fixtures but on his day....
    Tosun means double Everton attack - even in last years skinny game week that felt wrong! Zaha or Austin could come in for one of these.
    Aguero is Aguero especially after Community Shield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Two days to go, and onto Draft #3. Going with 3 Liverpool and 3 Man City, with as much cash as possible put into the starting XI - I will be using the WC early:

Patricio, 4.0
    Robertson, Mendy, Luiz, Wan Bissaka, Peltier
    Salah, Mane, Bernardo Silva, Richarlison, Stephens
    Aguero, Zaha, King

Two 4.0 defenders is a concern, but it looks as if Wan Bissaka (at least) will start.

I do have 0.5 ITB, so could get a 2nd playing keeper, upgrade Peltier to a 4.5 or Stephens to Cairney.

Opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Help please! Umpteen drafts and still not 100%!
    The sooner it starts the better!
    Currently....
    Patricio (Stekelenburg)
    Daniels, Cedric, Mendy, Wan-Biss, Belerin
    Cairney, Gunnarsson, Salah , Eriksen, Richarlison
    Firmino, Arnie, Aguero

1.0m spare change. It's burning a hole! Wouldn't mind keeping 0.5m to play with in the coming weeks.

Opinions? Ideas? Suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

How nailed is Luiz? I've seen him in a lot of teams (including my own til recently) but is he likely to be a consistent starter? 5.5m is a bit too juicy for a lad who may not be guaranteed a game

How nailed is Luiz? I've seen him in a lot of teams (including my own til recently) but is he likely to be a consistent starter? 5.5m is a bit too juicy for a lad who may not be guaranteed a game

I'm steering clear of Chelsea for now but I'd favour Rudiger over Luiz if i was going for one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A Kane team with Salah and Aguero, for a laugh:

feb267c4825b3463fe8276ffb3e18eff.jpn

It's not too bad, IMO. Two heavy hitting premium defenders in there too.

Bernardo Silva could be someone like Ramsey after GW2.

I was leaning towards starting with Kane but the fact I can get to the above with 3 transfers from my current side makes me far less likely to go ahead with it.

Firmino -> Kane
    Bernardo -> Mahrez
    Peltier -> £4.5m-£5.5m DEF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm steering clear of Chelsea for now but I'd favour Rudiger over Luiz if i was going for one

Ye big time, Rudiger appears to be the most certain starter at centre back but for that price I'd rather have Mendy or Trippier when he's back starting so I'm giving him a miss. The 5 to 5.5m slot is wrecking my head, I've had van Aanholt, Luiz, Bailly and Tarkowski in my team recently and none feel quite right.

Advertisement