Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

So moved away from BB and getting very close to what I want now
    Foster Fab
    robertson mendy luiz wan bissaka peltier
    salah sanchez moura richarlison mcdonald
    austin aguero king
    leaves .5 in bank the doubts are moura who could end up being bilva or pedro( this is my one punty very short term pick)
    and austin who could end up as gray. Ill be WC in first int break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Damien360 wrote: »
    Right....a reshape based on comments. Overhauled midfield

DeGea (button)

Coleman Mendy Robertson (wan bissaka) (Simpson)

Kante DeBruyne Salah Neves (Stephens)

King Firmino Aguero

Only ones bugging me are Neves and King

Any comments
    3 Liverpool, 3 Man City and a spread. Was thinking of Fred with a reshape but not sure about Man Utd at all. DeGea will be busy.

Your original midefield (Richarlson Pedro Salah Myhitaryan (Stephens)) is a million times better,

KDB won't start GW1. Kante is a great player but useless in FPL. Forget about Neves too.

Cheers. Pedro Richarlson Myhitaryan back in along with Salah. Any point taking a punt on Fred for either Pedro or Richarlson ? Straight swap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Damien360 wrote: »
    Cheers. Pedro Richarlson Myhitaryan back in along with Salah. Any point taking a punt on Fred for either Pedro or Richarlson ? Straight swap.

I wouldn’t be fond of Mkhytarian for the first two weeks, you can transfer him in when Arsenal’s fixtures turn good.
    The trick to this game is getting players in at the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Fabianski (Patricio)

Robertson Mendy Davies (Wan-Bissaks, Schelotto)

Salah(c) Mahrez Milivojevic Richarlson ( Cairney)

Aguero King Zaha

Have 0.5m itb. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Anyone care to evaluate my team? I'm toying with going without Salah and compensating by getting in Mane and Firmino.

Pickford
    Mendy Robertson Daniels
    Mane Eriksen Sane Richarlison
    Aguero Firmino King

Bench Stekelenburg, Wan Bissaka, Masuaku, Suttner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

stuba wrote: »
    Anyone care to evaluate my team? I'm toying with going without Salah and compensating by getting in Mane and Firmino.

Pickford
    Mendy Robertson Daniels
    Mane Eriksen Sane Richarlison
    Aguero Firmino King

Bench Stekelenburg, Wan Bissaka, Masuaku, Suttner

Going Salahless is just not worth it I think. If he goes big you're playing catch-up right from the off and forcing a GW2 wildcard to get him in. Whereas if you have him and he doesn't run riot at least it's an easy downgrade. You're better off playing boring to start the season as he's going to be so heavily captained against West Ham any attacking returns will heavily dent non-owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Going to step away from the computer, happy enough with this now for the first few weeks anyway.

Foster (Speroni)
    Mendy, Cedric, PVA (Wan-B, Peltier)
    Salah, Mane, BSilva, Richarlison, Schurrle
    Aguero, Lacazette (Quaner)

Happy seeing 3 City players there tbh, think BSilva should be safe to start and get me to WC.

Think I'm done unless anyone wants to throw a spanner in the works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Seriously considering doubling up on Robbo+TAA (something funnily i told myself at the end of last season). Enables me then to get in Alexis in midfield (and might even consider captaining him). 4-5-1

Ederson (Stek)
    Robbo TAA PVA Maguire (Wan-B)
    Salah Sanchez Mahrez Jota Fraser
    Aguero (Kamara, Madine)

Thoughts?

Maguire is for when he gets his transfer deadline day move obviously :p

PARlance wrote: »
    Going to step away from the computer, happy enough with this now for the first few weeks anyway.

Foster (Speroni)

Happy seeing 3 City players there tbh, think BSilva should be safe to start and get me to WC.

I think I'd prefer Mitrovic to Schurrle. You could afford it by downgrading PVA to Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think I'd prefer Mitrovic to Schurrle. You could afford it by downgrading PVA to Sakho.

But...but...but no PVA. Good shout but I'm going to ignore it... for tonight.

• Advertisement

Foster (Speroni)

Good team and good spread of cash

Wish I could get away from trying to fit in Salah, Aguero, Kane and Aubameyang but I’m thick like that and will probably do it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Why b Silva??

Mahrez sterling and sane ahead of him by miles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Why b Silva??

Mahrez sterling and sane ahead of him by miles

You’d imagine they would be over the course of the season, but Pep has basically said (I know, I know) he’s in until he gives him a reason to take him out and he was excellent in the Community Shield.

Sterling is out of the question for the first week or two anyway and 3 of the aforementioned will start so he’s as close to guaranteed to play early doors as you can get from a Guardiola side.

Most people just want 2 or 3 weeks out of him and he should provide that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Tomorrow is a write-off for me, so I'm trying to treat today as my personal deadline. So any thoughts welcome!

Ederson--Stek

I've generally had a hard time rotating goalkeepers, so I'm trying set-and-forget for the first time. This also has the benefit of giving me the cheapest route into City defence.

TAA--Cedric--Body--(Wan-Bissaka)--(Peltier)

I'd love Robertson, but just can't find the extra 1m. Giving some thought to downgrading Ederson to Fabianski/Patricio, but feel uneasy doing a 4.5 set-and-forget 'keeper. I think Cedric is one of the best 4.5 picks despite doubts over GW1, and Body seems like the safest option in a Wolves defence I fancy (please correct me if I'm wrong!). Two 4.0 defenders is a slight risk but you'd fancy at least one of them to start.

Salah--Eriksen--B.Silva--Mata--(Masuaku)

Mo needs no explanation. I'm not certain about Mata, seems nailed for the first couple of GWs at least, but I'm tempted to swap him for Richarlison. I originally had Sane & Ramsey, but the latter's injury forced a rethink. Bilva seems likely to start the first couple of GWs at least, and Eriksen is one of the most dependable midfielders in the game. Not sure about Masuaku, could just as easily be Stephens.

Aguero--Firmino--Zaha

Kun was the second name on my team after Mo. Firmino is a must at his price and the potency of Liverpool's attack, and I fancy Zaha most of the mid-range forward options.

My own thoughts are that I have a mediocre bench and a couple of picks that are going to be serious rotation targets in a few weeks, but I can see myself doing a GW3 Wildcard in any case. And I've always been someone who likes to put as much money into my starting XI as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Going Salahless is just not worth it I think. If he goes big you're playing catch-up right from the off and forcing a GW2 wildcard to get him in. Whereas if you have him and he doesn't run riot at least it's an easy downgrade. You're better off playing boring to start the season as he's going to be so heavily captained against West Ham any attacking returns will heavily dent non-owners.

I'm not sure I'd agree with all of that. I currently don't have Salah in my team (have Robbo, Mane and Firmino) and it's a relatively easy -4 to get Salah in, no wildcarding necessary.

It's an uphill struggle if Salah is scoring consistently but it isn't like it's a choice between having Salah or having your budget capped at 87m - we still have the 13m to spend on another premium player and make upgrades around the rest of the squad on players that will contribute points.

My main problem not having Salah is more around the certainty he offers as a captain choice. If I have him, I'm captaining him nearly every week whereas now I have nice captain choices but I'll be rotating the captaincy based on fixture and inevitably get the choice wrong more often than not.

It's probably an unnecessary gamble omitting him to be fair but one worth taking a look at in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Foster (Speroni)

Nearly like my team but with 3 or 4 players picked differently at the same value.

The only difference is you’ve outplayed your money on 2 strikers at 9.5 plus 4.5 where I’ve gone 2 at 7m.

Interesting

I'm not sure I'd agree with all of that. I currently don't have Salah in my team (have Robbo, Mane and Firmino) and it's a relatively easy -4 to get Salah in, no wildcarding necessary.

It's an uphill struggle if Salah is scoring consistently but it isn't like it's a choice between having Salah or having your budget capped at 87m - we still have the 13m to spend on another premium player and make upgrades around the rest of the squad on players that will contribute points.

My main problem not having Salah is more around the certainty he offers as a captain choice. If I have him, I'm captaining him nearly every week whereas now I have nice captain choices but I'll be rotating the captaincy based on fixture and inevitably get the choice wrong more often than not.

It's probably an unnecessary gamble omitting him to be fair but one worth taking a look at in my opinion.

Fair enough but it just seems an unnecessary risk to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭54and56

Happy with my selection bar the following which I'd appreciate thoughts on.

Have 11m to spend on my #1 keeper and a defender.

I'm torn between:-

Option 1 - DDG + Digne

Option 2 - Pickford + Trippier.

I already have 3 X LFC players so the likes of TAA or Robertson aren't an option in defence.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

Settled on this team. Thoughts welcome.

Foster (Boruc)

Robbo Tomkins Shaw (Wan-b) (Kabasele)

Salah Bilva Sanchez Milivojevic (Scheinderlin)

Firmino King Lacazette

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

Happy with my selection bar the following which I'd appreciate thoughts on.

Have 11m to spend on my #1 keeper and a defender.

I'm torn between:-

Option 1 - DDG + Digne

Option 2 - Pickford + Trippier.

I already have 3 X LFC players so the likes of TAA or Robertson aren't an option in defence.

Thoughts?

I'm someone whose instinct is to go for the cheaper keeper so option 2 for me. Digne bit of an unknown quantity I think. Am expecting Trippier to really kick on this season after his performance in the WC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So what you guys think
    For the opening weekend ,

Begovic
    Daniels   Trent  Cedric
    Salah Son Neves Eirkson  Mkhitaryan
          Aubameyang    Firmino
    bench : Fabianski , Kamara , Tarowski , Wan- Bissaka

So what you guys think
    For the opening weekend ,

Begovic
    Daniels   Trent  Cedric
    Salah Son Neves Eirkson  Mkhitaryan
          Aubameyang    Firmino
    bench : Fabianski , Kamara , Tarowski , Wan- Bissaka

There's a few there I'd be a bit wary of. As far as I know Daniels, Trent, Cedric, Kamara, Wan-Bissaka and Mkhitaryan all have doubts over whether they're certain starters. Son aswell may be taking a sabbatical for a while after gameweek 1 so you'll be using a transfer on him sooner than later if you keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've gone for

Ederson - Stekelenberg
    Shaw - Lovren - Wan Bissaka - Boly - Cedric
    Salah - Mata - Eriksen - Richarlison - Musaku
    Zaha - Firmino - Aubameyang

Not quite sure on the defence and Richarlison. Might swap out Aubameyang and spend a bit more elsewhere too

Any advice on this? Posted the other day and no takers so it'd be great to get an opinion on it.

Foster

Mendy Robertson Cedric

Sanchez Mane Richarlison BernardoSilva

Aguero King Firmino

Subs: Fabianski Wan-Bissaka, Tarkowski, 4.5m Mid TBC

I'm comfortable with the lack of Salah. I may get him in but happy enough with omitting him at present. Are there any goalies that complement Foster a bit more? Is there a better use of that 5m being spent on Tarkowski - I like their fixtures but the Europa League and the new signings are a bit offputting. Thanks!

I've gone for

Ederson - Stekelenberg
    Shaw - Lovren - Wan Bissaka - Boly - Cedric
    Salah - Mata - Eriksen - Richarlison - Musaku
    Zaha - Firmino - Aubameyang

Not quite sure on the defence and Richarlison. Might swap out Aubameyang and spend a bit more elsewhere too

Not a bad looking team but going without Man City attack is suicidal. Also Lovren probably doesn't start gw1, Cedric a doubt for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any advice on this? Posted the other day and no takers so it'd be great to get an opinion on it.

Foster

Mendy Robertson Cedric

Aguero King Firmino

I'm comfortable with the lack of Salah. I may get him in but happy enough with omitting him at present. Are there any goalies that complement Foster a bit more? Is there a better use of that 5m being spent on Tarkowski - I like their fixtures but the Europa League and the new signings are a bit outputting. Thanks!

Its an excellent team
    Like you say I'd be worried about Tarkowski, Thursday matches can lead to poor results at the weekend and its a long season
    If you don't have Fabianski you'll be literally the only person without a premium goalie or Fab

Big risk without Salah but thats ur call

Foster

Mendy Robertson Cedric

Aguero King Firmino

I'm comfortable with the lack of Salah. I may get him in but happy enough with omitting him at present. Are there any goalies that complement Foster a bit more? Is there a better use of that 5m being spent on Tarkowski - I like their fixtures but the Europa League and the new signings are a bit outputting. Thanks!

Very good looking team. I presume you know Bilva's position is probably precarious. Maybe you're looking at a swap to Ramsey gw3? :) But as a Salah-less team it's hard to fault. You could get Shaw instead of Tark and start him ahead of Cedric (a doubt to start)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

As expected, have changed it up a little bit over the past couple of weeks, but the core of the team has remained the same. Anyone spot anything I'm missing?

GK
    Fabianski
    Begovic

DEF
    Mendy
    PVA
    Wan Bissaka
    Peltier

A 4.5 defender I haven't settled on yet. Maybe Boly.

MID
    Salah
    Mahrez
    Richarlison
    Kenedy
    Gray

FWD
    Aguero
    Auba
    Austin

Being torn between Aguero and Firmino is my real conundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

elefant wrote: »
    As expected, have changed it up a little bit over the past couple of weeks, but the core of the team has remained the same. Anyone spot anything I'm missing?

GK
    Fabianski
    Begovic

DEF
    Mendy
    PVA
    Wan Bissaka
    Peltier

A 4.5 defender I haven't settled on yet. Maybe Boly.

MID
    Salah
    Mahrez
    Richarlison
    Kenedy
    Gray

FWD
    Aguero
    Auba
    Austin

Being torn between Aguero and Firmino is my real conundrum.

Solid team. I wouldn't agree with Kenedy, Newcastle are a shambles, even having Benitez they'll find it tough and their fixtures are horrendous
    I think theres better options than Austion but thats a personal preference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Green&Red wrote: »
    Solid team. I wouldn't agree with Kenedy, Newcastle are a shambles, even having Benitez they'll find it tough and their fixtures are horrendous
    I think theres better options than Austion but thats a personal preference

Yeah, I agree with all of that. For his points potential, though, I think Kenedy is amazing value. Even if Newcastle are rubbish, he's still capable of hitting double figures in a game.

Firmino in place of Aguero would mean I could upgrade Austin, who I'd be fully happy with if it wasn't just a matter of time before he's injured again.

Advertisement