Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Going the premium forward route now

Begovic
    VVD Holebas Shaw Doherty
    Salah Richarlison Bilva
    Aubameyang Firmino Aguero

Boruc Hudson-Odoi Wan-Bissaka Gunnarsson

Any feedback?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

manual_man wrote: »
    Very good looking team. I presume you know Bilva's position is probably precarious. Maybe you're looking at a swap to Ramsey gw3? :) But as a Salah-less team it's hard to fault. You could get Shaw instead of Tark and start him ahead of Cedric (a doubt to start)

Thanks for the feedback and also to Green&Red for theirs aswell.

Bilva is a bit of a risk alright but I'm thinking him and Sanchez can be placeholders for KDB and Pogba/Ramsey/Mkhi for a couple of weeks, so hoping he'll get his game until the others start getting integrated back into the team. I'm tempted by Shaw but i can see him being a transfer waiting to happen in a few weeks - a transfer I'll inevitably need to use on Salah after he bangs in a couple of hatties ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Foster
    Robertson Cedric Coleman
    Salah Mahrez Sanchez McArthur
    Zaha Arnie Aguero

Speroni Ream Gunnarsson Bennett

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Nearly like my team but with 3 or 4 players picked differently at the same value.

The only difference is you’ve outplayed your money on 2 strikers at 9.5 plus 4.5 where I’ve gone 2 at 7m.

Interesting

BSilva and Schurrle entered for first time right at the final hurdle. Had a combo of Mata/Pedro and a few others in those 2 spots for most drafts but just got drawn to those two...

Happy to take a punt on them. Schurrle very attacking with decent fixtures and Bilva, while not my no.1 City mid, is a good bet for his price.

Can't really justify spending more than 4.5 on my 3rd striker. The plan is that that spot won't be used until early WC.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Ryan Fabianski
    Bellerin Cedric Daniels Robertson Wan-Biss
    Pedro Sane Salah Kennedy Murphy
    Arni Aguero Firmino

8 more changes this morning, think i happy now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Begovic Boruc
    Mendy Coleman Holebas Pielter Wan-Bissaka
    Salah Eriksen Mane Richarlison Billing
    Zaha King Aguero

Right, think I'm locked in with this. Looking short enough term with good fixtures. Going with Billing as sub mid as it looks to be a safer option than Hudson. Lack of United/Liverpool defence and Arsenal strikers are my main concerns but I can always do Mendy to 5m and Richarlison to Mhiki, or Aguero to PEA, if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Thoughts - midfield is a bit weak... Could drop Luiz to €4.5 which would free up some funds. I've €1m in the bank.

b68t8n.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shane732 wrote: »
    Thoughts - midfield is a bit weak... Could drop Luiz to €4.5 which would free up some funds. I've €1m in the bank.

b68t8n.png

If it was me, I would do that Luiz move that'll give you up to 9m for a Jota upgrade. Would leave you stronger imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Thinking I'll bench boost gameweek 1 while I have 15 players that should be starting:
    Foster, Begovic

Coleman, TAA, PVA, Tarkowski, Wan Bissaka

Mane, Salah, Sane, Lucas Moura, Richarlison

Arnie, Zaha, Mitrovic

Are there any glaring issues with the above that I am overlooking?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Flapianski

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Going with Billing as sub mid as it looks to be a safer option than Hudson

Has Billing played much pre-season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

Gone from:

Fabianski & Stekelenburg

Mendy, TAA (possibly Clyne), Cedric, Peltier & Wan Bissaka

Salah, Sigurdsson, Sane, Kenedy & Deulofeu

Firmino, Aubameyang & Arnautovic

To:

Hart & Stekelenburg

Mendy, Shaw, Cedric, Robertson & Wan Bissaka

Salah, Pedro, Richarlison, Lucas Moura & Stephens

Firmino, Aguero & Arnautovic

1 million in the bank

Any thoughts/opinions??
    Have I gone backwards??????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Do i let go of Auba for team b?

Patricio
    Mendy Robertson Tomkins
    Salah Mané Ricky Cairney
    Auba Aguero King

Hamer WaB Peltier Stephens

Ederson
    Robertson Luiz PVA
    Salah Mahrez Eriksen/Mané Cairney
    Aguero Arnie King

Hamer WanB Peltier Stephens

Basically...

Will Ederson PVA Luiz Eriksen/Mané and Arnie outscore Patricio Tomkins Mendy Ricky Auba?

Yes is probably the answer but loathe to get rid of Auba after having him in team all summer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Thinking I'll bench boost gameweek 1 while I have 15 players that should be starting:
    Foster, Begovic

Mane, Salah, Sane, Lucas Moura, Rich arisen

Arnie, Zaha, Mitrovic

They should all start assuming sane is fit. I've started looking at BB again myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Anyone fancy rob holding to start..at 4.5m he is a great ootiin after gw3. Kosicienly and Kolasinac not expected before October

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Foster, Begovic

Mane, Salah, Sane, Lucas Moura, Richarlison

Arnie, Zaha, Mitrovic

Mitro plays your 2 Palace defenders and Arnie plays against TAA (Clyne may start the match)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Would anyone swap Luiz and Mendy for Alonso and Mee in this team?

Foster (Patricio)

Luiz Mendy Shaw (WanB) (Peltier)

Salah Mane BSilva Richarlison Cairney

Firmino Aguero (Kamara)

ElTel wrote: »
    Mitro plays your 2 Palace defenders and Arnie plays against TAA (Clyne may start the match)

Good shout.

Lucas Moura/Wan Bissaka out for Schurrle/Charlie Daniels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Ederson (Speroni)

TAA - Bellerin - Darmian (Tomkins) (Peltier)

Salah - Mane - Moura - Gray (Stephens)

Aguero - Laca - Gray

New team, not really sure on Gray up top and Darmian will likely need to be shifted within a few weeks. The United defence is a pain to pick from, likely to keep a lot of clean sheets but unsure who'll be the main CB pairing. Have 0.5m in the bank so have a little wiggle room.

Good shout.

Lucas Moura/Wan Bissaka out for Schurrle/Charlie Daniels

I don't like the changes.
    Wan Bissaka is a great pick.

Mitro to King perhaps?

I'm not in the GW1 BB mindset but quite a few are considering it.
    Perhaps opening up a dedicated thread will give you alternatives. GL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

welchy wrote: »
    Would anyone swap Luiz and Mendy for Alonso and Mee in this team?

Foster (Patricio)

Luiz Mendy Shaw (WanB) (Peltier)

Salah Mane BSilva Richarlison Cairney

Firmino Aguero (Kamara)

Not in a million years. Alonso shouldn't be as prolific in the new system and I've a phobia of teams playing Europa League games so wouldn't have any of them for now.

What's the logic behind a GW1 bench boost again? (Genuine question - not just being snotty)

Are you not then forced to play a WC very shortly after because your bench will be too loaded up with decent expensive players? Seems very risky given the uncertainty about nailed starters / which teams actually have any form?

What's the logic behind a GW1 bench boost again? (Genuine question - not just being snotty)

Are you not then forced to play a WC very shortly after because your bench will be too loaded up with decent expensive players? Seems very risky given the uncertainty about nailed starters / which teams actually have any form?

For me I find the best time to play the BB is either in GW 1 or directly after a WC. That way you are (almost) certain of having 15 starters.

You could save it for a DGW but I prefer to utilize the free hit/wildcard/triple captain chips then

Has anyone found a good 4.5 defender to rotate home/away with WanB? Don't really want Southampton/Bournemouth/Watford. Huddersfield and Newcastle have poor opening fixtures. Already have Patricio so don't really want a double up. Might just go with Tomkins and play him every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Have it down to these two

A
    g16LW0O.png

0.0 itb (forgot to swap the keepers*)

Mahrez in, but Luiz AND Shaw at the back could be risky. No monies to upgrade Shaw if he does get injured/not play

B
    RMXf6Rh.png

.5 itb for this one. Probably the better team with some money to spare for upgrades/price rises and two working keepers. But Mahrez I slightly favour over B.Silva. Mendy can always go to Luiz if needed.

Whats your preference?

Has anyone found a good 4.5 defender to rotate home/away with WanB? Don't really want Southampton/Bournemouth/Watford. Huddersfield and Newcastle have poor opening fixtures. Already have Patricio so don't really want a double up. Might just go with Tomkins and play him every week.

I hear you on Bournemouth but are Watford and Southampton that bad? Cedric and Kabasele aren't the worst shouts if you were stuck

I hear you on Bournemouth but are Watford and Southampton that bad? Cedric and Kabasele aren't the worst shouts if you were stuck

Ya I don't know, I just don't trust either of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Patricio

Cedric
    Van Aaholt
    Coleman

Neves
    Mane
    Sane
    Mkhitaryan

Firmino
    Aubameyang
    Tosun

Fabianski
    Ramsey
    Wan Bissaka
    Daniels

Tempted to leave out Salah

If I change my mind, Out goes Sane and Ramsey, and in comes Salah and a 4.5 MF....Maitland Niles perhaps

Any ideas on what to change?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Currently going with this with the intention of using BB and running with this to get me to week 4 (maybe even before) then doing a WC and getting a starting 11 with bench fodder.

Would probably play 3-4-3 after the BB with Arnie up front and Wan on the bench.
    Any feedback welcome!

dq3k94.jpg

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Currently going with this with the intention of using BB and running with this to get me to week 4 (maybe even before) then doing a WC and getting a starting 11 with bench fodder.

Would probably play 3-4-3 after the BB with Arnie up front and Wan on the bench.
    Any feedback welcome!

dq3k94.jpg

I think there will have to be a better week during the season to BB than that to be honest. You'd essentially be bench boosting two 4m defenders who aren't fully guaranteed a start, Cairney who should admittedly be decent, and Joe Hart, that's not far from fodder in my opinion (no disrespect intended)

Advertisement