Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No disrespect taken - Hart started tonight so going on the assumption he will at the weekend. Going on the general basis that Wan seems to be a good potential started from word on here and then Peltier if theres a better option I am open to suggestion. The whole point is later in the season I wont have the players there to BB as I will be spending the money on a solid starting 11 and the bench may not even be playing at all going with the cheapest of the cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Axwell wrote: »
    No disrespect taken - Hart started tonight so going on the assumption he will at the weekend. Going on the general basis that Wan seems to be a good potential started from word on here and then Peltier if theres a better option I am open to suggestion. The whole point is later in the season I wont have the players there to BB as I will be spending the money on a solid starting 11 and the bench may not even be playing at all going with the cheapest of the cheap.

I see where you're coming from. I'd be tempted to hang on to it in case the stars align one of the other weeks / the DGWs fall kindly.

If you're using it, don't forget to bench some of your heavy hitters to troll your friends who haven't realised you've played the BB ☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Hello everyone, I would appreciate any opinions if anyone would be kind enough to help!

Before I began, Salah won't be in my team - why? Because I like the risk and being different! Anyways;

GKs: Ederson (Foster)

Can't justify the extra 0.5 for DeGea. Ederson is a nice cheap way into the Man City defense while Foster is a stalwart as a goalkeeper in the Premier League so at 4.5 I'll have some of him please.

Defenders: Luiz, Bailly, Shaw, (Cedric) (Bennett)

After you get over the initial shock, hear me out - Luiz is a goal threat and Sarri has stressed that he will have a 'very important' role for Chelsea this season. I have opted for two United defenders because despite the desperation for a central defender this transfer window by United they still had the most clean sheets last season in the Premier League. Bailly is the best defender Man United have and should be guaranteed to start. Shaw is guaranteed to start the first two games while Young regains his fitness and after two games I can transfer Shaw out for another defender or potentially Lindelof (if he starts the two games for United as well). Jose Mourinho teams don't concede much goals so it is risky with two United defenders but there is sense to it! Also, Man United's opening fixtures are generous. Cedric and Bennett are my two cheap options. I'd be happy to hear alternatives to them?

Midfielders: Sanchez, Eriksen, Schurrle, Bernado Silva (Jorginho)

Sanchez has had a brilliant preseason and with Lukaku missing on Friday, Sanchez must perform for United to do well. He is a quality player and should perform this season. Eriksen is a consistent fantasy football performer, no explanation required. Bernando Silva is in based on preseason form and Pep's comments. Schurrle is a wildcard and has talent so he's a sneaky wildcard. On the bench is Jorginho - 5.0 for a midfielder in a top 6 team who should be guaranteed to start, i'll take it! I know Kante is 5.0 too but feck it, his ownership isn't worth it!

Forwards: Aguero, Firmino, King

Do I need to explain a player who has scored 20+ Premier League goals in each of the last 4 seasons? Firmino is my way into the Liverpool attack. King is on penalties and free kicks (I think?) and had a great end to last season.

Worries: No Liverpool defenders or no Arsenal attack. I think Aubameyang, Ozil and Lacazette could all be big players for Arsenal this season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Irish94 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I would appreciate any opinions if anyone would be kind enough to help!

Before I began, Salah won't be in my team - why? Because I like the risk and being different! Anyways;

Shaw will more than likely not play once Young is back like you said but even still I wouldn't risk starting 2 United defenders. Also CB's are going to score less points than attacking wing backs or LB and RB, so better options out there to Luiz I think.

At this stage of the season I wouldnt touch Sanchez personally - would wait and see how he performs, I would be fitting the likes of Mane into my team if you didnt want Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

I don't think I have ever tinkered less with my team. Barring any news in press conferences tomorrow, I'm prety sure I'll stick with this. A few risky ones in terms of starts, but there always is:

Foster/Fab...........seems pretty popular

TAA Mendy Cedric (Wan B, Peltier).........Recognise that TAA is rotation risk, but I think he will be first choice RB. I think Mendy could become a must have, may get expensive very quickly. Cedric at 4.5 in the role Hughes has him, with a nice run to start off with....the 2 potential 4m are no brainers for the bench. If one of TAA/Cedric, I've no problem with Wan B coming in. Hopefully wont be so unlucky that they both don't start.

Salah, Sane, Mkhi, Richarlison, Pedro........This keeps me covered with all the big boys bar Man U and Spurs, both of whom I think will start slow (Man U potentially about to go into Jose meltdown territory). I know Mkhi doesn't have teh easiest of starts, but I'd still fancy them to get a few goals and him to be among them. At 7.0 it is a low level risk. Richarlison is prob the one i'm most unsure of. Will he start? Will Everton gel so quickly? 

Aguero, Firmino ( Kamara).........Yes there is the rotation riks with Kun. However, I think that before Mendy's injury last year, him and Jesus started most games together. I think to start off with he is safe enough. And I just can't say no to an injury free Kun off the back of scoring 2 goals. Firmino....essential to get another Liverpool attacker in....I think he is good value too. Kamara....should stay rooted to my bench. First time I've ever gone with a bench fodder striker. Let's see how long it lasts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Team at the moment. Could make a couple of changes once today's actual transfers get updated in the system.

Fabianski

Coleman
    Azpilicueta
    Bellerín
    Davies

De Bruyne
    Salah
    Seri
    Richarlison

Agüero
    Tosun

Substitutes

Speroni
    Wan-Bissaka
    Deulofeu
    Depoitre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Team at the moment. Could make a couple of changes once today's actual transfers get updated in the system.

Fabianski

Coleman
    Azpilicueta
    Bellerín
    Davies

De Bruyne
    Salah
    Seri
    Richarlison

Agüero
    Tosun

Substitutes

Speroni
    Wan-Bissaka
    Deulofeu
    Depoitre

De Bruyne is probably not going to start GW1 having played in the World Cup until the final week. Seri won’t do much for you either. I’d use the KDB money to get a Liverpool or City midfielder and upgrade Seri to a better option. Deulofeu and Depoitre could be downgraded further to improve your starting 11. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

De Bruyne is probably not going to start GW1 having played in the World Cup until the final week. Seri won’t do much for you either. I’d use the KDB money to get a Liverpool or City midfielder and upgrade Seri to a better option. Deulofeu and Depoitre could be downgraded further to improve your starting 11. Good luck.

Thanks! Yeah, De Bruyne was the only one worrying me alright. Will be taking a look later tonight when more options are available in the system.

Seri is a wildcard punt who will probably be on my bench. Heard good things about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Fabianski begovic

Lascelles Cedric wan-bissaka dunk balbuena

Sanchez Salah richarlison milivojevic Stephens

Aguero firminho tosun

Thoughts? Will rotate my keepers every week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Nearly there! Took out Miki for Moura there for the first couple of fixtures, do people think Moura will start?

Ederson (Speroni)
    Coleman Cedric TAA (Wan B, Peltier)
    Salah Moura Sane Richi Cairney
    Kun Auba (Kamara)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Think I may have settled on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭skulltown

Any thoughts :)

team1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You won't be alone in that

Allison

Azpi - alonso - aurier

Salah (c) - lucas moura - sane - Fred - gray

Ings - aubameyang

Biruc kamara Bennett and bellerin

Thoughts? If I'm honest happy with the bench Fred is my only worry in terms of playing time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

skulltown wrote: »

Gueye and Stephens have to go

manual_man wrote: »
    You won't be alone in that

Hahaha had attached a screenshot - it was "too big for this forum"... Strange it still sent the post though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Fabianski begovic

Lascelles Cedric wan-bissaka dunk balbuena

Sanchez Salah richarlison milivojevic Stephens

Aguero firminho tosun

Thoughts? Will rotate my keepers every week

Double WHU defence scares me given they play 5 of last season's top6 in the first 9 GWs.

I think Milipen is over-priced. Anything itb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Solid team. Can't fault it really :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

ElTel wrote: »
    Double WHU defence scares me given they play 5 of last season's top6 in the first 9 GWs.

I think Milipen is over-priced. Anything itb?

No I'm all out, if Mili does as well as last season he's a bargain. Balbuena is only on my bench but might look at alternatives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Allison

Azpi - alonso - aurier

Salah (c) - lucas moura - sane - Fred - gray

Ings - aubameyang

Biruc kamara Bennett and bellerin

Thoughts? If I'm honest happy with the bench Fred is my only worry in terms of playing time.

Azpi and Alonso...id get rid of both for Mendy and Robertson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Looking at the power 5 route at the moment:

Patricio Hamer
    Daniels Duffy Bamba Schindler Wan-Bissaka
    Salah Mane Sanchez Eriksen Mahrez
    Arnie King Quaner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

spock. wrote: »
    Looking at the power 5 route at the moment:

Patricio Hamer
    Daniels Duffy Bamba Schindler Wan-Bissaka
    Salah Mane Sanchez Eriksen Mahrez
    Arnie King Quaner

That defence will kill you. Bournemouth can't keep clean sheet, and Daniels likely to be dropped soon anyway. Brighton have a tough start. Cardiff and Huddersfield are two favourites to be relegated.

You need at least one (but almost certainly more!) from either Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool or Spurs in defence. Those teams will get the majority of clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Latest draft:

Ederson/Speroni

Luiz/TAA/Bertrand/Wan/Peltier

Salah/Moura/Ricky/Sessegnon/Jota

Kun/Auba/Ings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

skulltown wrote: »

team1.jpg
    Triple Captain Kane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Benimar wrote: »
    That defence will kill you. Bournemouth can't keep clean sheet, and Daniels likely to be dropped soon anyway. Brighton have a tough start. Cardiff and Huddersfield are two favourites to be relegated.

Weren't Huddersfield one of the favorites to be relegated last season also but still had 10 clean sheets.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Weren't Huddersfield one of the favorites to be relegated last season also but still had 10 clean sheets.?

Wagner is likely to play 3 CBs against the bigger teams too this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I hate doing hit and runs (asking for opinion but not helping others in the thread) but time is tight.

How am I fixed for Week 1 Bench Boost? Any obvious 'he wont play' situations. Kenedy looks the least nailed to me going by pre-season minutes.
    Or any obvious errors.

Hart, Foster.
    Hoedt, Zanka, Robertson, Azpi, Sakho (Palace).
    Sanchez, Salah, Cairney, Richarlison, Kenedy.
    Aguero, Arnie, JoshKing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Think im ready to rumble CP X 3 NOT ideal but W-B @4M is too good a price to ditch.
    Patricio Hart
    Robbo,Sakho,Mendy Cedric, W-B
    Salah,Erik,Milli H-O, Stephens
    Auba Bobby Tosun.

GKs my biggest worry and lack of UTD cover,any words of advice or criticism greatfully accepted. Cant ever see me playing all 3 CP at the same time,Sakho was a BPS magnet last year & im hoping for the same again:) Welcome back everyone

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Yes and yes. However, I can't see lightning striking twice. They are a poor side and start with Chelsea and Man City.

Also, a Huddersfield defender might be a better 'punt' if some of his other defenders were stronger. He essentially has 5 'punts'

• Advertisement

Ok, Draft #4 - hopefully the final one, but I'll look again tomorrow.

Team is set up with a GW4-6 WC in mind.

GK: Patricio and Hamer. Basically I need 0.5m for this team to work, so going with a 4.5 'set and forget' keeper. Patricio has 4 reasonable fixtures in the first 5 (City being the other one :eek:)

DEF: Robertson, Mendy, David Luiz, Peltier, Wan-Bissaka. With the two 4.0m lads looking like regular starters, I've put both in, as they will only be used if one of the 'big 3' misses out. Luiz is the 'dodgy' pick. I'd prefer a Man Utd defender, but worried Bailly will 'break' and force me into a transfer. None of the 4.5m players appeal to me, and Shaw is too much of a risk.

MID: Salah, Mane, Bernardo Silva, Richarlison (or Jota), Cairney. Salah is Salah. Personally, I think anyone starting without him is mad! Mane is my 2nd Liverpool attacker (as pretty much everyone will have Salah, so i think a 2nd one is warranted). There will be serious rotation in the Man City midfield, so I may as well go for a cheap one! Richarlison was nailed on, but with the signing of Bernard, I might change to Jota. Cairney has significant upside.

FOR: Aguero, Zaha, King. Aguero speaks for himself. Out of the 5.5-7m strikers, I went for the two with best fixtures. I'm not sold on Zaha but Arnies fixtures are poor.

All comments welcome!

Advertisement