Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm really struggling to get the motivation to open the website to put a team together, all just to face another season of misery :D
    km79 wrote: »
    But Cedric .........4.5.........wingback ........

Well I've caved,

Still not too bothered overall, I've asked Mick and he's indifferent to price changes also.

Anyway here's what I'm looking at with a rushed set up, I've mostly picked those who brought me to the dance in the past,

if I've stuck someone in that won't get minutes, that is glaringly obvious to anyone paying attention, please let me know.

DDG-Boruc

Cedric(Assistant Manager),Davies, Walker, Wan-Bissaka, Peltier

Salah(C), Sanchez, Jota, Theo, Stephens

Aguero(VC), Arnie, Austin.

A few punts, a lot of OOP potential, very light strike force.

I'm concerned over Theo and Austin's gametime already, and my lack of Chelsea cover.

Plan is to wildcard early enough and downgrade my defence to cheapest premiums available, and get Kane in by selling Sanchez and a cheapie striker.

Any better <6.0 striker options?

I want Theo but I think I'll sell him before tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Any last minute tips? Not totally satisfied but not sure what to change!

Gk - Ederson / Foster
    Df - Robertson, Shaw, Davies / Wan-Bissaka, Bennett
    Md - Salah, David Silva, Kenedy, Richarlison / Cairney
    FR - Aguero, Firmino, Mitrovic

Going for Silva as I need some city coverage there and I'm not sure who will start. Not totally sold on Richarlison but not sure who to up or downgrade there to make it fit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Jiminez will start for Wolves and is 5.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Between work and everything I've had very little time to sit down and am unlikely to until close to the deadline again. It's more conservative than my previous team, yet still has enough to keep me happy enough

Foster - (Hart)
    PVA - Coleman - Daniels - (AWB- Peltier)
    Salah - Mane - Richarlison - Pedro - (Josh Murphy)
    Aguero - Lacazette - King

Don't rate Hart but it's the Burnley defence early in the season.

Hadn't realised Daniels was 4.5, better to start with him than Cedric if he won't play? Two bench fodder cheap players that should start?

Salah. I don't want to play catch up. I can punt later on. Ricky and Pedro intrigue me early on. Josh Murphy is probably a waste of 0.5?

Have a hankering for Lacazette and Josh King seems like he's in good form and playing up front!

Please tell me it's a pretty good team because it could be 6pm before I can tinker again and that could be very dangerous :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Between work and everything I've had very little time to sit down and am unlikely to until close to the deadline again. It's more conservative than my previous team, yet still has enough to keep me happy enough

Foster - (Hart)
    PVA - Coleman - Daniels - (AWB- Peltier)
    Salah - Mane - Richarlison - Pedro - (Josh Murphy)
    Aguero - Lacazette - King

Don't rate Hart but it's the Burnley defence early in the season.

Hadn't realised Daniels was 4.5, better to start with him than Cedric if he won't play? Two bench fodder cheap players that should start?

Salah. I don't want to play catch up. I can punt later on. Ricky and Pedro intrigue me early on. Josh Murphy is probably a waste of 0.5?

Have a hankering for Lacazette and Josh King seems like he's in good form and playing up front!

Please tell me it's a pretty good team because it could be 6pm before I can tinker again and that could be very dangerous :o

Yeah Murphy is a waste really. Either go for Cairney or downgrade to Stephens. Everton have looked shaky at the back in pre-season so I'd upgrade Coleman to Mendy or Robertson. You've a good team there man, good luck.
    This post has been deleted.

You don't need Fabianski if you have De Gea. Go for a 4m keeper like Hamer instead. I don't think Bellerin is a good pick for the first few weeks with Arsenal's fixtures. Have a look at David Luiz for a straight swap. Lascelles has awful fixtures for a good while, I'd ditch him for another 4.5 like Boly or Tomkins. Kante isn't a good FPL pick, go for Cairney or Ralls instead. Love that frontline. With the money saved on these players you can afford Robertson for Alex-Arnold. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Here's where I'm at right now -

Patricio Ederson
    Robertson PVA Cedric Shaw Bennett
    Salah Sanchez Bilva Cairney Hudson-Odoi
    Zaha Aguero King

Ederson is my way into the City defence. I don't like his first fixture so planning on playing Patricio.
    Robertson and PVA are solid attacking fullbacks. Cedric has good fixtures. Shaw is a short term way into the United defence. Bennett is (hopefully) a playing 4.0 defender.
    Salah - no brainer. Sanchez in good form. Bilva - cheap way into City midfield. Feels like a guaranteed starter for first few weeks. Cairney is a steal at 5.0. Hudson is only in with the hope of a few quick price rises.
    Aguero - track record speaks for itself. Zaha - bargain at 7.0. King - good pre-season, decent fixtures.

I'm not delighted with my forward line. Thinking about switching Aguero and Zaha for Firmino and Lacazette. Would mean Shaw to Peltier, or PVA to Wan-Bissaka.

Thoughts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I don't think Bellerin is a good pick for the first few weeks with Arsenal's fixtures.

Apart from City in the first game Arsenals fixtures aren't bad at all, they play Chelsea in the second one but at the minute with no real striker, a new system and not looking that great at all in the Community Shield playing them early on isnt that scary a game. After that they have a nice set of games till Liverpool in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Axwell wrote: »
    Apart from City in the first game Arsenals fixtures aren't bad at all, they play Chelsea in the second one but at the minute with no real striker, a new system and not looking that great at all in the Community Shield playing them early on isnt that scary a game. After that they have a nice set of games till Liverpool in November.

Going with Lacazette myself, just have one of those damn feelings :pac:

Going with Lacazette myself, just have one of those damn feelings :pac:

He has had a decent pre season so hes well worth a shot.

• Advertisement

They're likely to concede in the first two games so you'd be relying on attacking returns against two good defences. I think he's a good pick from GW3 onwards though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Every time I log in I seem to change a player or two-
    Sometimes I surprised to see the people iv'e left in...so hard to walk away!

They're likely to concede in the first two games so you'd be relying on attacking returns against two good defences. I think he's a good pick from GW3 onwards though.

David Luiz is more likely to concede in the Che v Ars than Bellerin imo, cant see Chelsea doing much the start of the season with all the changes going on - they were awful vs City. I would rather take the chances on some attacking returns from Bellerin. If it came to it id go Luiz week 1, Bellerin week 2 onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Ederson - Begovic

TAA - Van Aanholt - Keane - Daniels - Tarkowski

Salah - Willian - Richarlson - Sane - Neves

Rashford - Firmino - Zaha

David Luiz is more likely to concede in the Che v Ars than Bellerin imo, cant see Chelsea doing much the start of the season with all the changes going on - they were awful vs City. I would rather take the chances on some attacking returns from Bellerin. If it came to it id go Luiz week 1, Bellerin week 2 onwards.

I wouldn't read too much into the Community Shield game. City make a lot of teams look bad and a fair few Chelsea players didn't look up to speed with full match fitness. A full week of training should help them in that regard.

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Ederson - Begovic

TAA - Van Aanholt - Keane - Daniels - Tarkowski

Salah - Willian - Richarlson - Sane - Neves

Rashford - Firmino - Zaha

Main two concerns I would have in that are Willian is a rotation risk with Pedro - too early to know what Sarri is going to go with. Rashford isn't likely to play every week, will most likely start this game week due to a lack of squad players but after that unlikely. King, Arnie and maybe Ings (depending on how/if he starts) all options for the same money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

As rubbish as Arsenal were last season, Bellerin was still the 8th highest scoring defender. Can't see them doing any worse this time.

PVA is in there, sure that's all that matters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Mokuba wrote: »
    Going to stick with this for week 1 unless there are a few big transfers upcoming. Squad was made for weeks 1-4 with the intention of wild carding.

Alisson - Can just leave him there for the season potentially. 4.0 fodder as back-up.

Robertson - Decent potential for assists in an even better protected back 4.
    Shaw - Early gamble in a Jose team, capable of assists and clean sheets.
    Doherty - Nailed on for Wolves and loves to get forward.
    Christie - Fulham currently have no other option, nailed on and loves to get forward. Really fancy Fulham to go well this year.
    Wan-Bissaka - 4.0 who might be, or might become 1st choice.

Salah - It's hard not to. Easy downgrade if he isn't performing, but if I didn't have him any price upgrade on him is devastating.
    Sanchez - Will be the main man for the opening few weeks.
    Eriksen - Elite player and the only nailed on attacker for Tottenham in the opening weeks.
    Sane - Should be fresh as a daisy after no WC.
    Armstrong - I predict will end up the best budget midfielder in the game.

Austin - Will start for Southampton who have decent fixtures. Usually scores when he gets a good run of games.
    Mitrovic - Was literally the first name in the squad. Will get 15-20 goals this season.
    Jimenez - Very cheap and will start for Wolves. Can gain confidence against awful Everton defense.

Likely to Wild Card at the International break. World Cup players should be back and motoring at that point and I can make my squad until X-Mas. Think Arsenal will have a super season but their opening 2 fixtures puts me off. I actually think they won't lose to City anyway, but Chelsea after is annoying.

Quite a few changes since I made this, some of which were huge decisions.

McCarthy - Cheap and Southampton have decent early fixtures. Likely to have a back 5 in front of him. 4.0 fodder as back up

Robertson, Christie, Doherty and Wan Bissaka - As before.
    Targett - Edging the battle to start ahead of Cedric. As all of my other defenders are likely to start, and I play 3 at the back, it's not a big deal if he doesn't play.

Sanchez, Armstrong - As before
    Mane - The downgrade from Salah gives me so much more in terms of options. I like going against the grain, and Mane still gives me Liverpool attacking cover.
    Barkley - Should be first choice for a little while, at least. Chelsea cover on the super cheap.
    Richarlison - Evertons great business in the transfer market makes this one easier to do. A lot of tinkering here, had strongly considered Lucas Moura at one point.

Mitrovic - As before
    Kane - I had no idea up until today that he was going in, but all of a sudden in one of my drafts I had him in there and he has survived.
    Aguero - Even if he doesn't do well against Arsenal (which I don't think he will), Huddersfield up after that could be huge for him.

Biggest thing was the downgrade on Salah and Eriksen and Sane to Barkley, Richarlison and Mane. Allowing me to bring both Kane and Aguero in up top.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

Draft number I don't know

Pickford foster

Coleman Maguire Holebas Souare Taa

Salah Sanchez Jorginho Stephens Ori romeu

Aguero King Firminio

Any thoughts please...

• Advertisement

j timber wrote: »
    Draft number I don't know

Pickford foster

Coleman Maguire Holebas Souare Taa

Salah Sanchez Jorginho Stephens Ori romeu

Aguero King Firminio

Any thoughts please...

Souare won't play. Your midfield is very light...won't get many points from Jorginho/Stephens/Romeu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Any last minute tips? Not totally satisfied but not sure what to change!

Gk - Ederson / Foster
    Df - Robertson, Shaw, Davies / Wan-Bissaka, Bennett
    Md - Salah, David Silva, Kenedy, Richarlison / Cairney
    FR - Aguero, Firmino, Mitrovic

Going for Silva as I need some city coverage there and I'm not sure who will start. Not totally sold on Richarlison but not sure who to up or downgrade there to make it fit!

Solid squad.
    I'd downgrade Foster to a 4M with an eye on who might become your starting GK if you want to free up a City spot in the future and bank it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ElTel wrote: »
    Solid squad.
    I'd downgrade Foster to a 4M with an eye on who might become your starting GK if you want to free up a City spot in the future and bank it.

How's your squad lookin' El Tel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm sticking with this team to start with.

Fab/Foster
    Mendy Robertson Shaw WanB Peltier.
    Salah Mane Jota Sessegnon Kennedy
    Aguero Morata Reid

Looking at WanB and Peltier as bench fodder. I think Kennedy is very cheap considering what he did last season.
    I think Reid might be a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Please Rate My Team...

Fabianski | Foster

Robertson | Mendy | Cedric (Wan Bissaka & Peltier)

Salah | Bernardo Silva | Richarlison | Cairney (Stephens)

Aguero | Firmino | Lacazette

0.0 ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

manual_man wrote: »
    How's your squad lookin' El Tel?

I'm still on Auto-pick. Well almost, I brought in Malone from HUD before he got sold and that's the only change.

I'll be fairly template.
    Premium GK is the big call that will direct the rest of it and whether I add Firmino or Auba/Laca to Kun and King.

There were 481 players listed earlier today, so I waiting for it to fill out tomo and hoping for some pointers in the pressers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

bezuaua wrote: »
    Please Rate My Team...
    That's a really good team. It's fairly similar to my own. My only real criticism would be that the bench might be a bit on the weak side with two 4.0 defenders but lots are going that route & both Peltier & Obi Wan seem nailed-on for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

The answer to this will see my team finished, finally (I think):

Eriksen, B.Silva, Firmino

Or:

Mane, Sane, Arnie (+0.5 ITB).

I also have Salah, if that makes a difference to the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

bezuaua wrote: »
    Please Rate My Team...

Fabianski | Foster

Robertson | Mendy | Cedric (Wan Bissaka & Peltier)

Salah | Bernardo Silva | Richarlison | Cairney (Stephens)

Aguero | Firmino | Lacazette

0.0 ITB

I think that might be one of the best balanced squads I've seen. Lovely spread of funds. With that defence and forward line I would've thought you'd have been stuck with a seriously budget midfield but it's definitely one capable of getting points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Thoughts guys

HJQr5KR.jpg

Advertisement