Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mokuba wrote: »
    West Ham forum disagrees with you. Thinks it's 50/50, leaning toward Adrian. I'd be inclined to listen to them.

Think ill take my chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Axwell wrote: »
    Fabianski was on extended holiday leave after the WC. Once he came back he played the last 2 games, they werent sharing all pre season he just wasnt there. They also just paid 7m for him, Adrian is on the last year of his contract. Fabianski is as good as nailed on bar lack of fitness or injury imo.

West Ham forum disagrees with you. Thinks it's 50/50, leaning toward Adrian. I'd be inclined to listen to them.
    Wasn’t Adrian dropped for Joe Hart last year .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

km79 wrote: »

And won his place back.

And it's a new manager.

I don't know why people come on here asking if players are nailed, go to the fans forums of the teams in question, most people on here are only pretending they know.

And won his place back.

And it's a new manager.

I don't know why people come on here asking if players are nailed, go to the fans forums of the teams in question, most people on here are only pretending they know.
    You seen a seed of doubt in my mind now Will haveto have look when I get home
    Was not fully convinced on him anyway with those stink fixtures

You seen a seed of doubt in my mind now Will haveto have look when I get home
    Was not fully convinced on him anyway with those stink fixtures

Maybe Fabianski will start. But seems very 50/50 on KUMB and in my opinion not worth the risk as a result.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172546&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=120

Literally any player I am thinking of including, I go straight to the fans forum of that team to see if they are expecting him to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Maybe Fabianski will start. But seems very 50/50 on KUMB and in my opinion not worth the risk as a result.

Literally any player I am thinking of including, I go straight to the fans forum of that team to see if they are expecting him to play.

If you have Foster you have three GWs to rectify Fab if he doesn't play

Green&Red wrote: »

If you have Foster you have three GWs to rectify Fab if he doesn't play
    What’s the point in risking it when 2 of those fab fixtures are stink anyway ?
    This was an area of team I was to revisit anyway as I just want sold on that combo

Thanks mokumbu
    It’s good to get a fresh perspective
    I have tunnel vision at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

GK: Patricio (Boruc)

DEF: Robertson, Stones, Wan-Bissaka (Bennett, Peltier)

MF: Salah, Ozil, Bilva, Richarlson, Jota

FW: Kun, Firmino (Ings)

*shuts laptop and throws out of window*

West Ham press conference just over and annoyingly he wasn’t asked about keeper situation !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I dont think I can justify Alexis
    Which of these are best

A. Tomkins, Sanchez, Stephens

OR

B. Davies/Bailly, Bernardo Silva, Jota

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I dont think I can justify Alexis
    Which of these are best

A. Tomkins, Sanchez, Stephens

OR

B. Davies, Bernardo Silva, Jota

In the same boat regarding Silva and Sanchez. Not sold on Silva but not sold on having a weaker defence for Sanchez.

West Ham press conference just over and annoyingly he wasn’t asked about keeper situation !

It's not that big a deal if you have Foster too, as was said you'll have 3 weeks to get him out, should he not play.

And it's fine to have a gamble, I love to gamble on differentials, it makes the game for me.

Just a general tip to check the forums. E.g Most of the Southampton forum have no Cedric.

And the Chelsea forum reckons 4.5 Hudson Odoi and 6.0 Ross Barkley will be starting this weekend.

Just handy for things you mightn't expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

After lots of tinkering, and finally deciding I'm definitely not starting the season without Salah, I'm currently stuck between the following

A
    Patricio Foster
    Mendy, Robertson, Cedric, Peltier, Wan Bissaka
    Salah, BSilva, Richarlison, Cairney, Stephens
    Aguero, Firmino, Lacazette

B
    Patricio, Foster
    Mendy, Robertson, Tompkins, Holebas, Wan Bissaka
    Salah, Mane, Richalison, Pedro, Jota
    Aguero, Mitrovic, King

Like the look of the forward line in A, but not sure if it leaves me a bit light in midfield, and with B, I'm not fully convinced in Mitrovic or King.

As for 4.5 defenders, I'm still deciding between Cedric, Tompkins and Holebas.

Would really welcome some advice or feedback

After lots of tinkering, and finally deciding I'm definitely not starting the season without Salah, I'm currently stuck between the following

A
    Patricio Foster

B
    Patricio, Foster
    Aguero, Mitrovic, King

Like the look of the forward line in A, but not sure if it leaves me a bit light in midfield, and with B, I'm not fully convinced in Mitrovic or King.

I had Cedric and Mark Hughes is saying he is available to play but like it was mentioned earlier people on Southampton's forum aren't convinced he starts. I am torn between two different teams and Cedric was in one of them but not sure I am risking him now bearing in mind I have Wan Bissaka and Peltier. Tomkins and Holebas are fine I would have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

This was an area of team I was to revisit anyway as I just want sold on that combo

Thanks mokumbu

Who would you get? By sticking with Fab on a 50/50 you have a chance to look at the alternatives - for me Fulhams keeper (up in the air), cardiff to see how they are doing, likewise wolves as I already have a wolves defender. Brighton could be a good choice, their fixtures pick up after week 3 and dramatically pick up after week 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I went a bit random this season. Any thoughts?

claw wrote: »
    In the same boat regarding Silva and Sanchez. Not sold on Silva but not sold on having a weaker defence for Sanchez.

Yeah and Sanchez is a really short term punt, I dont want him once Lukaku is back (at that price)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Close to finished with my regular team

Foster/Ryan
    Robertson/Mendy/Luiz/AWB/Peltier
    Salah/Bilva/Jota/Ricky/Stephens
    Kun/Firmino/Arnie

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Nats9314

Opinions please....

Alison boric
    Sakho Cedric wanbis Mandy kabasele
    Salah richarlison moura neves bsilva
    Agureo firming ings

Green&Red wrote: »
    Who would you get? By sticking with Fab on a 50/50 you have a chance to look at the alternatives - for me Fulhams keeper (up in the air), cardiff to see how they are doing, likewise wolves as I already have a wolves defender. Brighton could be a good choice, their fixtures pick up after week 3 and dramatically pick up after week 6

Might just go with one keeper yet
    Half thinking about going with everton combo and changing Coleman to Bailly again.......or pva..........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Aguero.or Augbameyang

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Yeah and Sanchez is a really short term punt, I dont want him once Lukaku is back (at that price)

The reason I would have Sanchez is that I don't know what City midfielder to put in. I would say Sanchez has an easier match in week 1 than the City midfielders and you don't know which one of the City midfielders if any will be the one to do the business. It's 1 from Sanchez to any City midfielder bar Sterling for week 2. The downside is that I don't like my defensive options since I have a few big hitters in my team besides Sanchez.

Might just go with one keeper yet
    Half thinking about going with everton combo and changing Coleman to Bailly again.......or pva..........

Yeah i had been on Ederson as a set and forget but going for Patricio now as a singel keeper. The variance in points between keepers isnt worth it

Thanks mokumbu

Patricio and Foster ofer good options for 9-10 weeks from memory.

claw wrote: »
    The reason I would have Sanchez is that I don't know what City midfielder to put in. I would say Sanchez has an easier match in week 1 than the City midfielders and you don't know which one of the City midfielders if any will be the one to do the business. It's 1 from Sanchez to any City midfielder bar Sterling for week 2. The downside is that I don't like my defensive options since I have a few big hitters in my team besides Sanchez.

Yeah i was using the same logic

Get Sanchez in and then transfer to whomever you want in week 3

But that means having to run with some real fodder.....

The issue with Bilva is there isn't any natural replacement at that price point once he inevitably gets rotated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

...Foster...

Rudiger,Daniels,Mendy

Salah,Sane,Neves,Richardson

Firmino, Aguero,Zaha.

Fabianski,Pielter,Cairney,Wan Bissa.

0 itb.

Any changes I should make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

A
    Patricio Foster

B
    Patricio, Foster
    Aguero, Mitrovic, King

These are effectively the 2 teams I'm torn between also (just some minor, same value variations aside).

I'm going with team B as is. If a premium midfielder you don't have looks like becoming essential then dumping Mane frees up the majority of the funds required. You don't have this flexibility with team A without a couple of hits. Just my €0.02.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Ederson
    Shaw Stones Roberson
    Salah Sanchez Neves Richarlison
    Aguero Firmino Kamara

Bench Foster Wan-Bissaka Wilshere

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.