Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Earleybird wrote: »
    Is Lindelof likely to get a run of games? Tempted with Shaw on some price but obviously Jose hates him so likely Young in soon if not this evening.

He's in half the predicted lineups I've read today. Basically himself/Bailly/Smalling for 2 spots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

km79 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how cairney has lasted so long in my team as my 4th mid !!!!!
    Just looked at his fixtures
    Yikes
    I can probably raise another 0.5 if I go with one keeper but outside of Ryan Fraser can't see anyone id want and I have Josh king ..........
    If I downgrade Cedric to a 4ml I could stretch to Gudmonnson ?????

I just changed him to Costa but he's not a popular Wolves pick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Axwell wrote: »
    Currently tinkering and looking at a BB for gw 1 with a wildcard then planned for during the break at gw4. May pull the trigger on it sooner though.

Thoughts?

288qybn.jpg

Other option is I swap Mane ->Salah and Sanchez-> Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Going with this unless a last minute change of mind kicks in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Charlie Daniels is now entering my thoughts
    aaaaagggghhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Charlie Daniels is now entering my thoughts
    aaaaagggghhhh

De Gea has come into my team for the first time!

With 2 hours to go, I haven't a scooby doo what I'm at!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Goalkeeper

Begovic

Defender

Van Dijk
    Coleman
    Kabasele

Midfield

Richarlison
    Doucoure
    Milivojevic
    Salah
    Grob

Forward

Firmino
    Aguero

Substitute

Fabianski
    Zabaleta
    Doherty
    Vokes

Was deciding between Baines & Coleman as same price and went for Coleman

Any last minute helpful criticism appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Goalkeeper

Begovic

Defender

Van Dijk
    Coleman
    Kabasele

Midfield

Richarlison
    Doucoure
    Milivojevic
    Salah
    Grob

Forward

Firmino
    Aguero

Substitute

Fabianski
    Zabaleta
    Doherty
    Vokes

Was deciding between Baines & Coleman as same price and went for Coleman

Any last minute helpful criticism appreciated

Imo Gross and Milojevic are overpriced. The pricing is based on their excellent exploits last season which I'd predict they won't repeat.

Milojevic in particular - you can't count on Palace getting so many penalties this year. He's a essentially a defensive mid who's on pens and some set pieces. Palace just got a freakish amount of pens last year.

Vokes may not start. I'd say you could find better value options on the two above two mids and upgrade Vokes to some of the tasty strikeing options in the 6.5 - 7.0 range in a 3-4-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mahrez + Shaw or Mané + Tomkins?

Last minute doubts setting in now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Mahrez + Shaw or Mané + Tomkins?

Last minute doubts setting in now...

Mahrez and Shaw both rotation risks. The other two a starters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Been thinking a bit about tosun over zaha since it was mentioned here. What's everyone else's opinion on him? Bit risky compared to the potential safeness of zaha but I'm starting to like him more and more now. Maybe that's just last minute fever?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Only started looking at this today but I think I'm fairly set on this:

Patricio (Hamer)
    Mendy Robertson Coleman (Wan-Bissaka, Peltier)
    Salah (c) Mane B.Silva Jota (Stephens)
    Kun Zaha King

Leaves me 0.5m in the bank to help with any essential upgrades after GW1.

GK: Patricio will be my 'set and forget' keeper. May change to Fabianski once their fixtures improve.
    DEF: Three premium-ish to play most weeks plus two 4.0 bench warmers who seem to be guaranteed starters. Only doubt is whether lack of ManU is an issue - should I swap Coleman for Young or Shaw?
    MID: Loading up on Liverpool given their fixtures. Will need to find a way of swapping B. Silva to another City asset at some point. Only doubt here is Jota vs Richarlison
    FWD: Kun seems a given. Had started with Firmino but swapped for Zaha to enable Mane.

Any last-minute advice welcome!

Been thinking a bit about tosun over zaha since it was mentioned here. What's everyone else's opinion on him? Bit risky compared to the potential safeness of zaha but I'm starting to like him more and more now. Maybe that's just last minute fever?..

I have tosun in my side, I feel he should have a good season, should get plenty of supply and will be the focal point of the Everton attack. They have good fixtures to start. Only problem is whether the new signings all gel together

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

jamesbere wrote: »

I have tosun in my side, I feel he should have a good season, should get plenty of supply and will be the focal point of the Everton attack. They have good fixtures to start. Only problem is whether the new signings all gel together

Was thinking something similar. That and the fact that the initial run of games are great for Everton. Strange not many people are talking about him!

MrSkinny wrote: »
    Only started looking at this today but I think I'm fairly set on this:

Patricio (Hamer)
    Mendy Robertson Coleman (Wan-Bissaka, Peltier)
    Salah (c) Mane B.Silva Jota (Stephens)
    Kun Zaha King

Leaves me 0.5m in the bank to help with any essential upgrades after GW1.

GK: Patricio will be my 'set and forget' keeper. May change to Fabianski once their fixtures improve.
    DEF: Three premium-ish to play most weeks plus two 4.0 bench warmers who seem to be guaranteed starters. Only doubt is whether lack of ManU is an issue - should I swap Coleman for Young or Shaw?
    MID: Loading up on Liverpool given their fixtures. Will need to find a way of swapping B. Silva to another City asset at some point. Only doubt here is Jota vs Richarlison
    FWD: Kun seems a given. Had started with Firmino but swapped for Zaha to enable Mane.

Any last-minute advice welcome!

Would begovic be a better choice with fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Stumbled across this team and thought it was quite strong and balanced!

Allison (Speroni)
    Mendy Walker Luiz Bailly (Wan-Bissaka)
    Sanchez Mane Ozil (Neves, Stephens)
    Aguero Zaha Arnautovic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Irish94 wrote: »

Allison (Speroni)
    Aguero Zaha Arnautovic

was about to say very good team and then I realised you have no salah. Still a good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Right Coleman is gone and I have gone for double Everton keepers so I have freed up 0.5 so far to upgrade Cairney..........
    Shaw is currently in for Coleman and I still have cedric.
    I could be convinced to downgrade Shaw to a 4.5 yet........maybe to Kabeslese ? That would leave me 6ml to get a Cairney replacement. All I can see is Gudmonsson..........My 5th mid is currently Westwood too :D

I would not be against chancing Hughes from Watford instead of Cairney either if I knew he was a starter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Irish94 wrote: »

Allison (Speroni)
    Aguero Zaha Arnautovic

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious...no Salah??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »

DDG-Boruc

Cedric(Assistant Manager),Davies, Walker, Wan-Bissaka, Peltier

Salah(C), Sanchez, Jota, Theo, Stephens

Aguero(VC), Arnie, Austin.

As was clear from my this and my other posts last night, I haven't a clue what's goign on so any and all advice/observations are appreciated.

I made a few changes today.

DDG-Boruc

Cedric(Assistant Manager),Davies, Mendy, Wan-Bissaka, Peltier

Salah(C), Sanchez, Jota, Hogg, Stephens

Aguero(VC), Firmino, Austin.

Again, it's a short term team with a view to an early enough wildcard.

Anything glaringly silly about the above, I'm sticking with Cedric, as his fixtures are decent even if he doesn't feature against Burnley. Nothing to do with my obsession for the man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

jamesbere wrote: »
    Been thinking a bit about tosun over zaha since it was mentioned here. What's everyone else's opinion on him? Bit risky compared to the potential safeness of  zaha but I'm starting to like him more and more now. Maybe that's just last minute fever?..

Was thinking something similar. That and the fact that the initial run of games are great for Everton. Strange not many people are talking about him!

Already have Richarlison and Coleman so reluctant to have 3rd Everton player in Tosun,i have preferred zaha therefore. But i see your point

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Right Coleman is gone and I have gone for double Everton keepers so I have freed up 0.5 so far to upgrade Cairney..........
    Shaw is currently in for Coleman and I still have cedric.
    I could be convinced to downgrade Shaw to a 4.5 yet........maybe to Kabeslese ? That would leave me 6ml to get a Cairney replacement. All I can see is Gudmonsson..........My 5th mid is currently Westwood too :D

I would not be against chancing Hughes from Watford instead of Cairney either if I knew he was a starter

spacecraft i do think gudmundson is a good option aswell. Fraser another really good one.

Haven't agonised too much over this but I'm happy enough. Anyone care to put me straight? :pac:

Ederson (Ryan)

Robertson, Duffy, Mee (Zanka) (Wan-Bissaka)

Salah (c), B Silva, Mkhitaryan, Willian (Fraser)

Aguero (vc), Zaha, Rashford

Leaves me with 0.5m in the bank.
    Rashford is just a punt for tonight, wouldn't have him too much longer I'd think. Willian I'm unsure about, thinking maybe Lingard but don't want to have more than one United player as anything can happen with them over next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Edersen

Robertson, Doherty, Daniels

Sane, Salah(c), Neves, Richarlison

Zaha, Aguero, Firmino

Subs: Hart, Stephens, Peltier, Tomkins

Feedback is most welcome

Haven't agonised too much over this but I'm happy enough. Anyone care to put me straight? :pac:

Ederson (Ryan)

Robertson, Duffy, Mee (Zanka) (Wan-Bissaka)

Salah (c), B Silva, Mkhitaryan, Willian (Fraser)

Aguero (vc), Zaha, Rashford

Leaves me with 0.5m in the bank.
    Rashford is just a punt for tonight, wouldn't have him too much longer I'd think. Willian I'm unsure about, thinking maybe Lingard but don't want to have more than one United player as anything can happen with them over next few weeks.
    i had robertson,then i went for TAA who will start and uograded my 3rd defender.
    Bernardo silva might not start as per peps last night interview . Rashford also doubtful i would suggest mitrovic or zaha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Final Team

Goalkeeper

Begovic

Defender

Van Dijk
    Coleman
    Kabasele

Midfield

Richarlison
    Doucoure
    Ramsey
    Salah

Forward

Firmino
    Aguero
    Tosun

Substitute

Fabianski
    Cork
    Doherty
    Zabaleta

Dempsey wrote: »
    Edersen

Zaha, Aguero, Firmino

Feedback is most welcome
    i have daniels,but not in the starting 11 as i feel he might not start. I dont know why people are going for neves as far as i know he is not an attacking player.
    If you going to start ederson all games then i would recommend you to downgrade hart to sperono/stekelenberg and use funds elsewhere.
    Hope it helps !

Dempsey wrote: »
    Edersen

Zaha, Aguero, Firmino

Feedback is most welcome
    i have daniels,but not in the starting 11 as i feel he might not start. I dont know why people are going for neves as far as i know he is not an attacking player.
    If you going to start ederson all games then i would recommend you to downgrade hart to sperono/stekelenberg and use funds elsewhere.
    Hope it helps !

Final Team

Goalkeeper

Begovic

Defender

Van Dijk
    Coleman
    Kabasele

Midfield

Richarlison
    Doucoure
    Ramsey
    Salah

Forward

Firmino
    Aguero
    Tosun

Substitute

Fabianski
    Cork
    Doherty
    Zabaleta

Your midfield isn't the strongest. Maybe swap in someone like Zaha for Firmino or Aguero and then upgrade the midfield?

• Advertisement

Finally the lucky giys who made it are

Foster (Speroni)
    TAA Mendy Coleman (Daniels WanB)
    Salah Sanchez Richarlison Willian( Odoi)
    Aguero Zaha Mitrovic
    Thoughts appreciated

Advertisement