Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Wilberto wrote: »
    Bonatini > Quaner - Saves 0.5m for elsewhere. Probably the best 4.5m striking option out there (now that's a backhanded compliment if ever I saw one!! :pac:)

I know pretty much nothing about him but is Aboubakar Kamara going to lead the line for Fulham? Him and Quaner look to be the only options at possible 4.5 forward starters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Liking the look of some of the more recently posted teams I must say.

At the moment I'm on...

Ederson

Kola Mee Cedric

Salah Mahrez Eriksen Gudmundssun

PEA Firmino

Gk fodder, Zanka, Quenar, Bednarek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Hi all, the old cliched long time lurker first time poster here!!

Latest draft is;

DDG/FAB

Roberston/Coleman/Bellerin/Daniels/Cedric

Martial/Sane/Siggy/Kieta/Wilshere

Abua/Augero/Quaner

Midfield is a little punty and defense a little more pricey than I would normally go for, the double Everton is simply down to very nice fixtures and I think both players are well proven FPL scorers. Up front I really think these two will be the top two over the season, only other one I considered was Firmino but went with these two. Kun is Kun and is FPL gold and Abuas stats are scary - 79 goals and 26 assists in his last 92 league games, he will be my captain most weeks.

All thoughts/criticism's and Wtf's welcome!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Hi all, the old cliched long time lurker first time poster here!!

Latest draft is;

DDG/FAB

Roberston/Coleman/Bellerin/Daniels/Cedric

Martial/Sane/Siggy/Kieta/Wilshere

Abua/Augero/Quaner

Midfield is a little punty and defense a little more pricey than I would normally go for, the double Everton is simply down to very nice fixtures and I think both players are well proven FPL scorers. Up front I really think these two will be the top two over the season, only other one I considered was Firmino but went with these two. Kun is Kun and is FPL gold and Abuas stats are scary - 79 goals and 26 assists in his last 92 league games, he will be my captain most weeks.

All thoughts/criticism's and Wtf's welcome!!

You will play DDG every week so downgrade Fab to the cheapest keeper in the game

No Salah is brave, but none of Liverpool's front 3 with their opening fixtures seems a bit risky

Think Bellerin is an expensive luxury until we see what post-Wenger looks like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

You will play DDG every week so downgrade Fab to the cheapest keeper in the game

No Salah is brave, but none of Liverpool's front 3 with their opening fixtures seems a bit risky

Think Bellerin is an expensive luxury until we see what post-Wenger looks like

Thanks much appreciated.

Was going that route with the keeper but the cheapest is only .5m cheaper and none of them will play, its a little security if DDG doesnt play and I think Jose has actually hinted he may not play in the first game or two.

Salah is a huge risk as you say but every player has their price and I couldnt justify it to be honest, Liverpool are tricky especailly for the first few games post World Cup, think Kieta is the most nailed on for now.

Agreed re Arsenal and that combined with there opening two fixtures is a worry, I do like that the first two signings from the new man were a defensive midfielder and a defender though, if they sign a proper keeper Bellerin definitely stays but for now is 50/50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thoughts guys? A lot are going with Aguero over Jesus. What is this based on?

Ederson

Mee
    van Dijk
    Vertongen

Seri
    Milvojevic
    Sane
    Salah
    Fred

Jesus
    Firminho

B: Fabianski, Quaner, Mbemba, Malone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Nalz wrote: »

Ederson

Mee
    van Dijk
    Vertongen

Seri
    Milvojevic
    Sane
    Salah
    Fred

Jesus
    Firminho

Mbemba is rumored to be going to be sold to Porto if Newcastle agree a price so might need to reconsider that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

First draft, thoughts please..

Fabianski, Gunn

Azpi, Sakho, Daniels, Douglas, Pereira

Salah, Dilva, Sessegnon, Wilshere, Neves

Aubameyang, Vardy, Zaha

macraignil wrote: »
    Mbemba is rumored to be going to be sold to Porto if Newcastle agree a price so might need to reconsider that one.

Cheers! Thanks button won't work on my phone so replying instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

First draft done. Any feedback welcome!

Leno - I expect Arsenal to be defensively sound this season
    Fabianski - Will likely start him ahead of Leno for the opening two games. Good for rotation.

Coleman - Should be raring to go
    PVA - If i select him he stays until the bitter end!
    Lascelles - Will be determined to break his way into the England side and is good for a goal
    Kolasinac - Will hopefully start under Emery. Great attacking defender
    Alex Arnold - Cheap and worth a punt

Sanchez - Punty but should be well rested and eager
    Ramsey - Rested and apparently impressing the new manager in pre season
    Sane - First name on the team sheet. No World Cup = explosive start to the season
    Mane - Opting not to start the season with Salah so Mané is my cover
    Sessegnon - Triffic player

Tosun - Nice opening fixtures
    Arnie - Cheap and effective
    Zaha - I expect a strong season from him

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »

Ederson

Mee
    van Dijk
    Vertongen

Seri
    Milvojevic
    Sane
    Salah
    Fred

Jesus
    Firminho

I think Vertongen will be fatigued from he World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

RisingDamp wrote: »
    First draft done. Any feedback welcome!

Leno - I expect Arsenal to be defensively sound this season
    Fabianski - Will likely start him ahead of Leno for the opening two games. Good for rotation.

Coleman - Should be raring to go
    PVA - If i select him he stays until the bitter end!
    Lascelles - Will be determined to break his way into the England side and is good for a goal
    Kolasinac - Will hopefully start under Emery. Great attacking defender
    Alex Arnold - Cheap and worth a punt

Sanchez - Punty but should be well rested and eager
    Ramsey - Rested and apparently impressing the new manager in pre season
    Sane - First name on the team sheet. No World Cup = explosive start to the season
    Mane - Opting not to start the season with Salah so Mané is my cover
    Sessegnon - Triffic player

Tosun - Nice opening fixtures
    Arnie - Cheap and effective
    Zaha - I expect a strong season from him

Your attack in the traditional FPL sense is quite weak IMO but a brave move if you go along with it. Weak as in missing at least 1 the 'big guns' Aguero, Lukaku, Kane, Firmino, Aubemeyang, etc which are missing for World Cup, etc or money spent elsewhere.

A mix of Aguero, Firmino, Aube, Kane willl be fairly template you'd imagine so if they were to kick on and return good points and Tosun, Arnie, Zaha don't deliver you might see yourself falling behind from the beginning. Alas, if it's the opposite, you're onto a winner.

Personally, my first draft includes Coleman, Sanchez, Sane & Mane and agree with all your points above on them.

Your attack in the traditional FPL sense is quite weak IMO but a brave move if you go along with it. Weak as in missing at least 1 the 'big guns' Aguero, Lukaku, Kane, Firmino, Aubemeyang, etc which are missing for World Cup, etc or money spent elsewhere.

A mix of Aguero, Firmino, Aube, Kane willl be fairly template you'd imagine so if they were to kick on and return good points and Tosun, Arnie, Zaha don't deliver you might see yourself falling behind from the beginning. Alas, if it's the opposite, you're onto a winner.

Personally, my first draft includes Coleman, Sanchez, Sane & Mane and agree with all your points above on them.

Thanks for that. I may downgrade Sanchez to Martial in order to bring in Auba for Arnie. Will wait until closer to the kick off to decide

I think Vertongen will be fatigued from he World Cup.

Thanks! Bennett and Davies in for Vertongen and Mbemba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

1st draft done
    Not really looked at rotations bar for the keepers and even then not looked beyond GW3 as I (and many others ) will prob be wildcarding by then. To be honest have not really given it much thought whatsover I just wanted to get a few of my auld favorites in there and see how it looked :D

fabianski/fulhamorsaints keeper
    coleman bailly douglas kabaselese obi WAN kinobi
    sanchez siggy mane gray gudmonson
    arnie kun firmino
    O ITB

This will change very much AND salah will be so heavily captained I might have to get him but honestly I dont think I will......
    Keepers: I'll certainly have Fabianski and may not even bother with a rotating keeper and save the .5 ml

Defence : Very likely to keep Coleman & Bailly. Like the sound of Douglas even if I have got burned repeatedly by overpriced promoted defenders with good attacking stats. Kabaselese is just a spot filler for now based on decent start. Wan Bissaka in as 4 ml possible starter. Would have been Bennett but I have Douglas AND reduces the temptation to get PVA...........I could end up going Bennet and PVA for the craic though if I free up .5

Midfield : No Salah an obvious risk given he will be highly captained but I don't see myself starting with him to be quite honest. The entire midfield could change however. Sanchez may well start up front although Martial offers an intruiging short term option. Siggy - good start. I will have him or Theo. Mane - no Salah. Gray & Gudmonson were just thrown in there along with Arnie to fill up spaces. Not even looked at rotations and I may try and squeeze David Silva in

Forwards: Firmino could offer terrific value. Aguero - same as Firmino. Arnie - not sure on yet. May even go with a much cheaper option and go 352 for start. Auba the only other interesting me and he doesnt have the best start.

I mainly typed this for myself to refer back to :D
    Just spotted Cedric is only 4.5. Very interesting especially given the lack of clarity on who starts in goals
    Another old friend Gerry d already in for Gray !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Ederson Speroni (city def coverage + fodder)

Maguire Tomkins Daniels Cedric TAA (cheapish def and hoping Maguire transfers to MU)

Salah Sane Miki Kenedy Delefeou (1st 3 are quality and Kenedy & Del should both play too)

Lukaku Auba Quaner (will play 3-5-2 and possibly upgrade to Kane after a few games)

Thoughts please?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Pickford/Fabianski
    Daniels/Robertson/Hobebas/Doherty/Bamba
    Salah/Seri/Fraser/Gudmundsson/Siggy
    Agüero/Tosun/Aubameyang

Pickford - Great start to the season
    Fab - Play as an when / Fantastic value

Daniels - 1 bad match in 1st 10 So hopeful of a good return
    Robertson- Attacking threat
    Doherty - Will reavaulate after the first ten games but solid looking
    Kabasele - Probably nailed on to start , reavaulate after first three matches .
    Bamba - A reasonable back up player

Salah - Well it's Salah
    Gudmundsson - 1bad home match in the first 8 , solid player
    Seri- Bit of a punt , could be gold
    Siggy - Good starting matches and pairing with Tosun
    Fraser - Fairly good opening 10

Tosun- See Siggy
    Agüero - Rotation risk as always
    Aubameyang - First choice in my opinion.

Comments please feel free to add advise/alternatives

bodking wrote: »
    Pickford/Fabianski
    Daniels/Robertson/Hobebas/Doherty/Bamba
    Salah/Seri/Fraser/Gudmundsson/Siggy
    Agüero/Tosun/Aubameyang

Pickford - Great start to the season
    Fab - Play as an when / Fantastic value

Daniels - 1 bad match in 1st 10 So hopeful of a good return
    Robertson- Attacking threat
    Doherty - Will reavaulate after the first ten games but solid looking
    Kabasele - Probably nailed on to start , reavaulate after first three matches .
    Bamba - A reasonable back up player

Salah - Well it's Salah
    Gudmundsson - 1bad home match in the first 8 , solid player
    Seri- Bit of a punt , could be gold
    Siggy - Good starting matches and pairing with Tosun
    Fraser - Fairly good opening 10

Tosun- See Siggy
    Agüero - Rotation risk as always
    Aubameyang - First choice in my opinion.

Comments please feel free to add advise/alternatives

Don't think doubling up on Everton attack is a great idea.

Don't think doubling up on Everton attack is a great idea.

I’d agree
    Also silva is a bit of a fan of Niasse .......

km79 wrote: »
    I’d agree

This will be interesting.

I have Niasse on my short list from ‘end of season notes’ but it was based on him getting a move to a team where he would start every week.

If he is Silva’s starting striker then he’ll be in every team within 2 weeks. And in our first 11’s. Not as a bench option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

If he is Silva’s starting striker then he’ll be in every team within 2 weeks. And in our first 11’s. Not as a bench option.

And when that happens he'll be dropped for Tosun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I see a few people going for Daniels again. I fear it'll end in tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭aj89

1st attempt:

Ederson
    Tarkowski, Bertrand, Ake
    Pogba, Cairney, De Bruyne, Mane
    Firmino, Kane, Wilson

Fabianski, Zanka, Lascelles, Neves

Not any real depth on the bench, and I would expect Pogba to have an extra week or two off.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Mahrez or Sane?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Mahrez or Sane?

I went for Sané personally. I think there's less risk with him for the first few weeks at least. :)

aj89 wrote: »
    1st attempt:

Ederson
    Tarkowski, Bertrand, Ake
    Pogba, Cairney, De Bruyne, Mane
    Firmino, Kane, Wilson

Fabianski, Zanka, Lascelles, Neves

Not any real depth on the bench, and I would expect Pogba to have an extra week or two off.....

Pogba and De Bruyne (possibly Kane also?) won't feature in GW1.

Pogba and De Bruyne (possibly Kane also?) won't feature in GW1.

And Kane has yet to score in August!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

km79 wrote: »
    I’d agree
    Tosun is pretty much nailed as first choice starter according to Everton fans. Not saying that Niasse can't feature as well.
    Mahrez or Sane?
    Mahrez plays as RW along with Sterling. Both can rotate of course and my gut feeling is both him and Sane will start GW1-2. Bit of a coin toss with that one.
    And Kane has yet to score in August!
    Kane will feature GW1 as he want's to start the season presumably for a better chance at getting the golden boot. He's off the back of a good WC. I think he'll start well.

Tosun is pretty much nailed as first choice starter according to Everton fans. Not saying that Niasse can't feature as well.

Mahrez plays as RW along with Sterling. Both can rotate of course and my gut feeling is both him and Sane will start GW1-2. Bit of a coin toss with that one.

Kane will feature GW1 as he want's to start the season presumably for a better chance at getting the golden boot. He's off the back of a good WC. I think he'll start well.

Kane didn't look fit for most of knockout stages
    I'm sick of trying to get him in ahead of the curve
    I'm ignoring him until he starts firing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

In my eyes Mahrez will be competing against Bilva for RW slot, Sterling and Sané competing for LW spot

Advertisement