Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pointywalnut

My first draft

Alisson --> Fabianski
    Apzukucyeta Alonso Davies --> Schindler Zanja
    Ramsey Mkhitaryan Jorginho Gross -- Milivojevis
    Arnautovic Aubameyang Aquero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Right first draft is done looking at a 4-3-3

Ederson- rotation proof route into city defence

Coleman- good fixtures good attacking option
    Robertson- fun to own as he is great going forward
    Pva- decent fixtures likes to get forward
    Shaw- short term good fixtures utd don't concede much

Salah- much easier to have him and dump if not worth 13 than try to fit him in if starts well
    Sane- should Start first couple plan to switch to kdb once he's back
    Ramsey- should be given more freedom to get forward with signings arsenal have made nice run after gw2

Arnie- fun to own and hoping west ham will be decent going forward this year
    Firmino- bit of a no brainer at the price good value I feel
    Vardy- fun to own didn't have much of a world cup so may start with a chip on his shoulder

Button
    Wan bissaka
    Maitland niles
    Billing

Can take out Ramsey and vardy for eriksen and zaha not sure which combo is better

My first draft

Alisson --> Fabianski
    Apzukucyeta Alonso Davies --> Schindler Zanja
    Ramsey Mkhitaryan Jorginho Gross -- Milivojevis
    Arnautovic Aubameyang Aquero

Far too much Chelsea and no Liverpool attacking coverage is asking for trouble will be a very early wildcard if starting like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

@manualman Douglas is off to Leeds apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

@manualman Douglas is off to Leeds apparently

Douglas? Do you mean Bennett?

• Advertisement

Douglas? Do you mean Bennett?

https://twitter.com/RobDorsettSky/status/1022193565504614400?s=19

No definitely Douglas, it's a strange one

Wow that’s a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm guessing he fell out with the boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

These are my latest two teams. Which one do you prefer?

Alisson, Ryan
    Bailly, Laporte, Janmaat, Long, Wan-Bissaka. (intention is to bring in Bellerin for gw2)
    Salah, Sane, Milivojevic, Neves, Stephens
    Aguero, Aubameyang, Kamara

Second team.

Bailly, Mendy, Coleman, Bellerin, Wan-Bissaka
    Salah, Mkhitaryan, Gross, Cairney, Neves
    Aguero, Aubameyang, Kamara.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Opinion of this , subs are . Fabianski,Quaner Bennett and Peltier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Defense is too weak imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Right first draft is done looking at a 4-3-3

Ederson- rotation proof route into city defence

Coleman- good fixtures good attacking option
    Robertson- fun to own as he is great going forward
    Pva- decent fixtures likes to get forward
    Shaw- short term good fixtures utd don't concede much

Salah- much easier to have him and dump if not worth 13 than try to fit him in if starts well
    Sane- should Start first couple plan to switch to kdb once he's back
    Ramsey- should be given more freedom to get forward with signings arsenal have made nice run after gw2

Arnie- fun to own and hoping west ham will be decent going forward this year
    Firmino- bit of a no brainer at the price good value I feel
    Vardy- fun to own didn't have much of a world cup so may start with a chip on his shoulder

Button
    Wan bissaka
    Maitland niles
    Billing

Can take out Ramsey and vardy for eriksen and zaha not sure which combo is better

I found Vardy and Eriksen very good to have in my FF team last year. Ramsey was frustrating to own as was dropped multiple times when I'd bought him to help Arsenal concentrate on Europe. I would be more likely to bring in Mkhitaryan than Ramsey when Arsenal get over their first two games (that look difficult). Not sure Zaha is a natural finisher and going to take a gamble on Austin who is 1mill. cheaper. I think Southampton might struggle so not sure this is a great idea but don't see any other options at that price.
    I see great interest in Wan Bissaka but read one article that said Ward might be more likely to play but I suppose at 4mill being a completely nailed on starter is unlikely. Would be a bit skeptical about all of your bench getting game time but the first team looks good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

km79 wrote: »
    W.T.F... Guess I'll have to take him out of my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Take 1.

Ryan Lössl
    Robertson Mee PVA Coleman Daniels
    Salah Gudmundsson Kouyaté DSilva Xhaka
    Firmino Jesus Pérez

8/9 years later, still dont know what I'm doing.

:D

eagle eye wrote: »
    These are my latest two teams. Which one do you prefer?

Alisson, Ryan
    Bailly, Laporte, Janmaat, Long, Wan-Bissaka. (intention is to bring in Bellerin for gw2)
    Salah, Sane, Milivojevic, Neves, Stephens
    Aguero, Aubameyang, Kamara

Second team.

Bailly, Mendy, Coleman, Bellerin, Wan-Bissaka
    Salah, Mkhitaryan, Gross, Cairney, Neves
    Aguero, Aubameyang, Kamara.

Midfield is a bit weak in both teams. I would prefer team 2 but downgrade Bellerin to a 4.5 like Cedric for example and upgrade the midfield. Who are your keepers in team 2?

macraignil wrote: »
    I found Vardy and Eriksen very good to have in my FF team last year. Ramsey was frustrating to own as was dropped multiple times when I'd bought him to help Arsenal concentrate on Europe. I would be more likely to bring in Mkhitaryan than Ramsey when Arsenal get over their first two games (that look difficult). Not sure Zaha is a natural finisher and going to take a gamble on Austin who is 1mill. cheaper. I think Southampton might struggle so not sure this is a great idea but don't see any other options at that price.
    I see great interest in Wan Bissaka but read one article that said Ward might be more likely to play but I suppose at 4mill being a completely nailed on starter is unlikely. Would be a bit skeptical about all of your bench getting game time but the first team looks good to me.

I'm not expecting anything from my bench will probably be wildcarding after 4 weeks anyway and have a better idea then. Just messed around a little and got Doherty dilva and eriksen in for sane Ramsey and Coleman

I saw some stats somewhere about Emery rotating his full backs a lot. Must try and look into it more when I get time. It put me off Bellerin/Kolasinac for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

I saw some stats somewhere about Emery rotating his full backs a lot. Must try and look into it more when I get time. It put me off Bellerin/Kolasinac for now.
    https://i.imgur.com/L9Q2Eht.jpg
    from r/FantasyPL

Leaving this to do for now until a few days before KO. 
    Ederson (4.0 fodder)
    Robertson Bailly Coleman (Wan Bissaka, Peltier)
    Salah Sane Eriksen Siggy Cairney
    Firmino Arnie (Quaner)
    Opting for 3-52 again this year as I really rate the MF options. Will most likely go Sane -> KDB on GW2/3 when he becomes nailed on. Previously had aguero in but I just can't justify spending 11m on a player who isn't guaranteed a place. Really wanted to get Jota but just can't accommodate him unfortunately, will def keep an eye on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MrVoracious

Just revised my team. Still think I might be able to do better. Any comments?

EXpIAy5.png

Just revised my team. Still think I might be able to do better. Any comments?

EXpIAy5.png

Ibe has been playing wing back in pre season zaha isn't an out and out striker or good enough finisher for me and aguero is gonna be rotated they would be 3 id be looking to get rid of. Fraser or ward prowse could be better options at 5.5 and arnie vardy auba maybe even tosun could prove better options up top

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Is richarldson a better option than siggy

Yes imo and cheaper

Trying to squeeze Salah, Aguero and Auba in...

Fab
    Coleman Robertson Shaw Mendy
    Salah Mahrez Mkhi Cairney
    Auba Aguero

Hamer Kamara WanB Chalobah

Bench is awful but the first 11 isn't bad. Fab as a set and forget may not be the best idea though it wouldn't surprise if he went to Anfield and got a ten pointer. Mkhi could become an Everton mid.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Begovic
    Robertson Christensen Cedric
    Salah Mané Sané Sanchez Schurrle
    Arnautovic Tosun

Fabianski Bennett Wan Bissaka Kamara

That is very attractive looking if I do say so myself. Obvious weakness in attack is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Dunno why I'm doing so much fluting around at this stage...it's a long enough season without starting in mid July :-)

Anyway, here's the latest creation:

Fabianski - Stekelenburg:
    Sticking with Fab as #1 obviously...seems to be the best value keeper out there imho...only scored 1 point less than Edersen last season.

PVA - Robertson - Bavies - Coleman - Bennett:
    Investing a lot in defence this year....got burned last year going for cheapies.

Salah - Sane - Walcott - GerryD - Lennon:
    The first 2 are must haves....the rest are deffo in punt territory. Will be playing 4-4-2 so will need two of them to hit the ground running. Lennon and Theo have let me down in the past.

Firmino - Aubameyang - Quaner:
    Not convinced that either Kane or Aguero will start the season tbh so decided to go with the famous FAQ frontline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Alisson, Patricio

Coleman, Lindelof, Yedelin, Trippier, Doherty

Keita, Eriksen, Sessegnon, Neves, D Silva

Auba, Firmino, Zaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

paulie21 wrote:

Trippier has something like 26% ownership.

700-800,000 players are in for a bit of a shock in 14 days time.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Alisson, Patricio

Keita, Eriksen, Sessegnon, Neves, D Silva

Auba, Firmino, Zaha
    Don't see the point in getting a 5.5 & 4.5 keeper imo. Would be more worthwhile getting ederson as a set and forget for 5.5 & 4.0 fodder especially as you have no other city defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Have decided that not owning Salah is just too much of a risk so have incorporated him into my latest draft ;

Fab/Begovic - Fab will play most weeks, Begovic will play week one

Roberston, Mendy, Coleman, Shaw, Wanbissaka - going premium defenders here, think you have to have City and Utd cover, Robertson is a must and Coleman has very tasty fixtures

Salah, Dilva, Mata, Pedro, Stephens - had to get Salah, the stress of not having im would be too much, Mata should start and be on pens, Dilva is a favourite of mine, Pedro is a punt but if he does play is serious value, Stephens is an enabler who will play

Abua, Tosun, Arnie - Abua is as much of a must as Salah imo, Tosun great fixtures and Arnie is on fire

Thoughts appreciated

Advertisement