Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/19 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Draft team number 1242124143

https://gyazo.com/4eef96934115e53f43e83d4ca0eb5cc9

Any thoughts ? I just can't leave Salah out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Have decided that not owning Salah is just too much of a risk so have incorporated him into my latest draft ;

Fab/Begovic - Fab will play most weeks, Begovic will play week one

Roberston, Mendy, Coleman, Shaw, Wanbissaka - going premium defenders here, think you have to have City and Utd cover, Robertson is a must and Coleman has very tasty fixtures

Salah, Dilva, Mata, Pedro, Stephens - had to get Salah, the stress of not having im would be too much, Mata should start and be on pens, Dilva is a favourite of mine, Pedro is a punt but if he does play is serious value, Stephens is an enabler who will play

Abua, Tosun, Arnie - Abua is as much of a must as Salah imo, Tosun great fixtures and Arnie is on fire

Thoughts appreciated
    Excellent team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pogue eile wrote:
    Thoughts appreciated

Excellent team.

I agree.

So the front 3 are a bit of a gamble, so what. Early WC's are going to be prevalent this season and you'll be able to remedy that pretty quickly if you need to but I think that front 3 are low risk anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Have decided that not owning Salah is just too much of a risk so have incorporated him into my latest draft ;

Fab/Begovic - Fab will play most weeks, Begovic will play week one

Roberston, Mendy, Coleman, Shaw, Wanbissaka - going premium defenders here, think you have to have City and Utd cover, Robertson is a must and Coleman has very tasty fixtures

Salah, Dilva, Mata, Pedro, Stephens - had to get Salah, the stress of not having im would be too much, Mata should start and be on pens, Dilva is a favourite of mine, Pedro is a punt but if he does play is serious value, Stephens is an enabler who will play

Abua, Tosun, Arnie - Abua is as much of a must as Salah imo, Tosun great fixtures and Arnie is on fire

Thoughts appreciated

I think Mendy will be a must-have later in the season, but he was re-injured again during the world cup, so I'd be skeptical about him starting the season. For 6 million you could make some small upgrades early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Currently have:

Ederson
    Bailey Coleman Robertson Kalabes
    Sane Salah Sanchez Neves Delefou
    Aubam

Speroni Quaner Joselu Bednarak

Bench boost GW1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Currently have:

Ederson
    Bailey Coleman Robertson Kalabes
    Sane Salah Sanchez Neves Delefou
    Aubam

Speroni Quaner Joselu Bednarak

Bench boost GW1

A lot of your bench won't play??????
    If you are bench boosting gw1 you have taken the wrong approach
    For BB you need to spread the cash around the squad to ensure 15 starters
    You will be lucky to get 1 bench starter

This is why I'm conflicted over having salah Sanchez aguero
    If I do I can forget about BB and will have quaner /4.5 and never play him
    If I'm still going with early BB then no Sanchez and spread the cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

km79 wrote: »
    A lot of your bench won't play??????
    If you are bench boosting gw1 you have taken the wrong approach
    For BB you need to spread the cash around the squad to ensure 15 starters
    You will be lucky to get 1 bench starter

This is why I'm conflicted over having salah Sanchez aguero
    If I do I can forget about BB and will have quaner /4.5 and never play him
    If I'm still going with early BB then no Sanchez and spread the cash

I'll be messing around with Bench currently. I read that Quaner was a starter? Someone posted in one of the threads here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Currently on:

Fabianski
    Shaw - Cedric - Robertson
    Salah - Sane - Siggy - Mkhitaryan - Jota
    Kane - Arnie

(Speroni - Daniels - Quaner - Bissaka)

GK: Set and forget on Fab in goals
    DEF: Shaw could be great value for the first couple of gameweeks. Cedric and Rob both like to get forwards and Daniels with some possibly playing 4.0 fodder on the bench.
    MID: Salah a no brainer. Sane should play and come in fresh with a point to prove after missing the WC. Siggy and Micky could both prove good value under new managers and never heard of Jota but red he plays up front.
    FOR: On Kane for now as I think he'll start the season and an easy switch to KUN/Auba after GW1. Not sold on Kuns playing time tbh I dont think Jesus will be rested that much. Arnie was a toss-up with Tosun/Zaha I just like owning him.

COH wrote: »
    Currently on:

Fabianski
    Shaw - Cedric - Robertson
    Salah - Sane - Siggy - Mkhitaryan - Jota
    Kane - Arnie

(Speroni - Daniels - Quaner - Bissaka)

GK: Set and forget on Fab in goals
    DEF: Shaw could be great value for the first couple of gameweeks. Cedric and Rob both like to get forwards and Daniels with some possibly playing 4.0 fodder on the bench.
    MID: Salah a no brainer. Sane should play and come in fresh with a point to prove after missing the WC. Siggy and Micky could both prove good value under new managers and never heard of Jota but red he plays up front.
    FOR: On Kane for now as I think he'll start the season and an easy switch to KUN/Auba after GW1. Not sold on Kuns playing time tbh I dont think Jesus will be rested that much. Arnie was a toss-up with Tosun/Zaha I just like owning him.

That looks good for the most part
    I'm in the way to something like that myself as I agree now with aguero. In fact I may end up with no city attack!!!!! Can't be dealing with rotation for first few weeks . Most likely would be David Silva
    Personally I will not be getting Kane from start . I'll put that money into midfield .
    So I'll either have firmino Arnie cheapie or firmino Arnie zaha/Austin if I can afford it and if I am planning on BB
    I can't shake the alexis itch

Went back for a quick look...........
    I can get David Silva in if I downgrade Gerry D to 4.5 and Aguero to Austin/Wood
    I'm only .5 short then .......siggy to Miki or Ricky would suffice .......wood leave me with this

Goalies : Fabianski /begovic or foster or any 4.5 or indeed a 4ml to raise the .5 .......

Defence : Coleman Mendy Shaw Cedric wan B
    This hasn't changed much bar pva jumping in and out and Bennet

Mid : Salah Sanchez Silva Miki&4.5ml/Ricky&5ml

Forwards : Frimino and Arnie for certain . Austin / wood . I like burnleys fixtures and him but Europa...........

So I've to decide is Sanchez worth losing kun/auba for . And I'd possibly have to lose siggy as well but I may work around that yet ;)

Have spent way more in defence than usual too so maybe I don't even need that third striker .............and alternate between 442/352

Quaner instead of Austin / wood allows me to keep siggy and Deulefou
    Very difficult to get Kane/auba/aguero in though
    I’ve never started without a premium striker
    Always been a 343 man with one premium one around the 8/9 mark one around the 6/7 mark

But I may have to move with the times
    That would leave the team like this

Fab/other 4.5 starter
    Coleman Shaw mendy Cedric wanB
    Siggy Sanchez salah David silva deulofeu
    Firmino Arnie Quaner

I think I like that more than any of my other efforts
    I could always balance the money between 5th mid and 3rd strike too if I wished but tbh if I did B.B. I’d take the 2 from Quaner assuming he is a starter . A 4.5 ml mid probably get the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Quaner instead of Austin / wood allows me to keep siggy and Deulefou
    Very difficult to get Kane/auba/aguero in though
    I’ve never started without a premium striker
    Always been a 343 man with one premium one around the 8/9 mark one around the 6/7 mark

But I may have to move with the times
    That would leave the team like this

Fab/other 4.5 starter
    Coleman Shaw mendy Cedric wanB
    Siggy Sanchez salah David silva deulofeu
    Firmino Arnie Quaner

I think I like that more than any of my other efforts
    I could always balance the money between 5th mid and 3rd strike too if I wished but tbh if I did B.B. I’d take the 2 from Quaner assuming he is a starter . A 4.5 ml mid probably get the same
    I don't think Quaner is a starter, I had him as a bench fodder for most of last year and he usually comes off the bench if I remember correctly. Could be different this year but think they have brought some new faces in so hard to know. I have him in anyway as he's the most likely to get game time from the 4.5 range imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have the itch to get Sanchez now...

Fab
    Coleman Shaw Robertson Cedric
    Sanchez Salah Mahrez Mkhi
    Auba Arnie

Hamer Chalobah WanB Quaner

That bench is asking for trouble though... Auba could become Laca for more funds but really want Auba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

That looks good for the most part
    I'm in the way to something like that myself as I agree now with aguero. In fact I may end up with no city attack!!!!! Can't be dealing with rotation for first few weeks . Most likely would be David Silva
    Personally I will not be getting Kane from start . I'll put that money into midfield .
    So I'll either have firmino Arnie cheapie or firmino Arnie zaha/Austin if I can afford it and if I am planning on BB
    I can't shake the alexis itch

I had Sanchez in my first draft and he may hit the ground running but just don't trust Jose to play the kind of football that would make Sanchez worth the investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I must say I'm quite happy with my team currently, thoughts?

Fab, Foster
    Wan Bissaka, Shaw, Daniels, Cedric, PVA
    Chalobah, Ralls, Salah, Alexis, Mkhitaryan
    Aguero, Firmino, Tosun

Probably go 433 to start off. Really like the look of Alexis for the start of the season. Toss up between Aguero and Auba but need City cover and can cover Arsenal with Mkhi.

Was without Salah in my drafts for a long time but it's too risky to go without. Also Firmino has massive ownership and I fancy Tosun to fire from the off. Apparently Ralls is on pens, any better 5.0 options appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I don't know much/anything about Cardiffs team, but there's a fair few 5/5.5m options around that might be more dependable than Ralls as a starting midfielder if you were to go 3-4-3 (.5m if you downgrade Daniels whose position isn't guaranteed).

Knockaert, Kouyate, Deolofeu, Gray, Albrighton, Atsu, Mooy are some examples. Even Cairney seems like a good attacking threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Wee shuffle on my team, went down the 1 goalie route and will sub out as and when needed.
    Still debating dropping Azipilicueta for Coleman or Baines to leave some cash in the Bank.

Fab - Speroni
    Azip - Cedric - Christie - Peltier - Wan Bissaka
    Salah - Puncheon - Sane - Mkhitaryan - Jota
    Arni - Aubameyang - Firmino

If Fabianski gets injured, we're all screwed!

Jota - Puncheon could be swapped for a raft of different midfielders too, I've held off on Schurrle for now, dropped Cairney for Jota. Debating swapping that around and hoping Jota has a slow start and I can maybe pick him up after a price drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

claw wrote: »
    De Gea - Probably will be in my team for the season.
    Button - 4.0 keeper
    Femenia - Watford seem to have a reasonable first 3 fixtures
    Daniels - same as Femenia
    Alexander-Arnold - seems a good price but not sure if he is nailed on to play
    Tomkins - Cheap defender, reasonable fixtures.
    Peltier - Random 4.0 defender.
    Salah - I follow Liverpool and not sure he will have the season he had last year but not taking any chances!
    Mkhitarayan - First 2 fixtures aren't great but if he plays he should have a good season.
    Deulofeu - Potentially could be very good not sure if he is nailed on either
    Eriksen - Every time I have him he does nothing. Apart from United away the fixtures are good at the start, assuming Kane does what he normally does at the start of a season so Spurs would be depending on him more.
    Neves - Seemed to score a few goals in the Championship last year.
    Firmino
    Aguero
    Arnautovic

The three strikers I am happy with, Arnautovic is capable of scoring against anyone. Only question marks would be Alexander-Arnold, Deulofeu and Neves maybe. Not sure if I should have a Man City midfielder (Sterling/Sane) in there somewhere or Sanchez but it would mean downgrading my attack.

This was my initial team from a fortnight ago, still have the essence of it but made a few changes:

Ederson - Since De Gea won't be starting the season I went with Ederson but not altogether sure about Ederson to be honest.
    Button - As above
    Kabasele - Took good advice and swapped out Femenia for him.
    Shaw - I have him for United cover but won't be in my team past the 1st match probably. Would rather have Bailly for the 1st match. Ideally I would like De Gea for my United defensive coverage.
    Coleman - I like Coleman and feel he could have a good season but I would like Robertson too.
    Wan-Bissaka - Downgraded Tomkins since it looks like he might play.
    Peltier - As above
    Salah - As above
    Mkhitarayan - As above
    Deulofeu - As above
    Sane - Seems to be starting the season yet not convinced that either he or Aguero will be nailed on all the time. Happy with Firmino and Arnautovic.
    Neves - As above
    Firmino
    Aguero
    Arnautovic

Part of me is now coming around to thinking that not having Sanchez for the start could be bad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

MattD wrote: »
    I don't know much/anything about Cardiffs team, but there's a fair few 5/5.5m options around that might be more dependable than Ralls as a starting midfielder if you were to go 3-4-3 (.5m if you downgrade Daniels whose position isn't guaranteed).

Knockaert, Kouyate, Deolofeu, Gray, Albrighton, Atsu, Mooy are some examples. Even Cairney seems like a good attacking threat.

Cheers much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

New draft which I'm very happy with...for now.

Begovic Stekelenburg
    Mendy Ward Cédric Williams Bennett
    Salah Sane Sánchez Deulofeu Richarlison
    Agüero Arnie Kamara

Stekelenburg could get gametime if Pickford is sold or rested.
    I will assess Williams and see if he might be first choice CB.
    I could gain 1m by downgrading Mendy and Ward to 5.5 and 4.5 defenders but I think they are worth the extra 1m.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Foster (Pickford)

Robertson Mendy Jagielka (Wan-Bis, Yedlin)

Mane Keita Mahrez Jota Jahanbaskh

Auba Zaha (Tosun)

£1mil ITB

Happy with that team and might even BB and leave it there til it kicks.

Think the 1st week is way too much stress and that’s a fair solid team to get up and running

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

First chance I've got to sit down and do a proper, proper draft after a bit of messing around and tweaking here and there the last couple of weeks.

Here's where I'm at:

3a03e05d59024d3c1b101f5d8fd15e71.jpn

I've always wildcarded early and can't see that changing this season as I will want Kane in almost immediately upon his return to 90 minutes, so this is a team set up with the aim of taking advantage of the early fixtures, probably up as far as the first international break. I feel City, Liverpool, Everton and Watford have some of the best options as well as fixtures early doors and the team is clearly built with that in mind.

Anyway:

Goalkeeper: Somehow I end up starting yet another season (probably my 4th or 5th at this stage) with Ben Foster in goal. :o If I wasn't going with Mendy I'd probably have Ederson here, but due to my premium defensive options I'm a bit restricted in what I can spend on the position. The only other £4.5m option that can compete early with Watford's start is Begovic, but Bournemouth haven't kept a clean sheet since about 1994. In terms of exit strategy for when Watford's fixtures turn punishing at the break, you'd hope that Schmeichel or Pickford get that move to Chelsea and we get a fire and forget £5m premium option.

Defence: This is the most money I can ever remember spending on my defence at any stage of my playing of FPL, never mind just at the start! However, I really have a liking for attacking full backs this year. Mendy is a little risky which is not what you really want from a £6m defender of course, but man, look at his stats - per FF Scout "despite making just seven appearances in the entire campaign, just De Bruyne and Leroy Sané (£9.5m) registered more successful crosses from open play than Mendy’s eight, with 14 and nine respectively. Adding a further three appearances after a Gameweek 34 return, Mendy created nine chances and had five shots on goal in 361 minutes across the season as a whole. That averaged out at a key pass every 40.1 minutes, the next best in the City defence was Walker with one every 92.9." Robertson had the second most touches in the final third after making the LB spot his own, and I really like Coleman to have a bounce-back season under Silva who will allow his full-backs to attack. Southampton have a canny start (as they did last year I know!) and Cedric is another who registered excellent underlying stats when Hughes took over. Lots of attacking point potential in this group IMO. The 5th spot will be a £4.0m fodder.

Midfielders: Salah is Salah. I don't want to start without him as if he continues where he left off the season is over before it starts, whereas he's an easy downgrade to literally anyone if it goes wrong. Sane will be fresh and a solid option to start the season anyway before the others who were at the World Cup start getting introduced and the rotation kicks in. I'm a huge Richarlison fan and although he was frustrating last season, I watched him quite a bit and liked how he was still getting in good positions and felt he was a bit unlucky at times. I saw a comment earlier in the week about him from a stats guy (xG/expected goals) that went something like: "I'd rather take a punt on a guy who scored 8 goals from 15 expected than the other way around" and that sums up Richarlison for me. I like Watford's first 3 games a lot and Deulofeu is a cheap punt. If he does anything at all he's likely to offer a price rise or two. The £4.5m is just fodder and not necessarily going to be Masuaka at all.

Strikers: I'm hoping Aguero will be good for the first few weeks and then I'll probably use him as trade bait to get Kane in when the Jesus rotation starts. You'd be hoping beyond hope to get that Huddersfield game out of him at the very least before it happens mind! Firmino is a case of excellent form for Liverpool to go with excellent fixtures and a very workable price, although perhaps a slight risk? The 3rd choice striker role is nowhere near set in stone. Austin is also a big consideration here. In an ideal world, Ings goes to Palace as is being reported. That would allow to get him into that 3rd striker spot at £5.5m, and subsequently give me an extra £0.5m to upgrade the £4.5m midfielder spot to Kenedy or someone of that ilk.

Issues I see:

- Mendy and Firmino a little risky, which is not ideal for what they cost
    - The 3rd striker slot is a huge dilemma
    - Perhaps too much invested in defence. For example, downgrading say Coleman to a £4.5m and playing Cedric who has a nice start, would allow me to throw Zaha/Arnautovic into that 3rd striker spot

Any thoughts or critique is most welcome. :)

Best team and thought process I’ve seen so far and no surprise it’s similar to mine.

Ings will be a fantastic option if he moves but I currently think Austin is the best at up to 6m. Woods had crazy good stats too so 6.5 isn’t robbery.

I’m wavering with Kun but seeing him as an easyish way of getting Kane in.

Edit - no Aubameyang could be a problem too. If he continues, to score as he did last season, he’ll be a must have. Maybe upgrade Bobby or just flat out go with Aubameyang over Kun so then no Pep and Jesus rotation headache.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Take 2

GK -Begovic, Fabianski - Wanted to get Alisson but already have 2 Liverpool.

Golden Rule of mine- No more than 2 from any team ;)

DEF - PVA, Bellerin, Coleman, Tark, Cedric. Solid enough. Good value. Decent
    fixtures except Hector GW1

MID - Salah, Sessegnon, Miki, Pereyra, Mahrez, - Subject to change! Salah stays. Sess bench fodder, Miki might keep, Pereyra OK fixtures, Mahrez- need City player

FWDS - Zaha, Firminio, Tosun. Arnie on standby.

Have no Spurs or United :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

After a week's headache finally settled on this.
    Ederson
    Shaw Robertson Coleman Cedric
    Salah Sane Mkhi Jota
    Aguero Firmino

Stekelenberg ,Puncheon ,Wan-Biss ,Wells.
    Overall a strong starting 11.
    Only concern is a lack of 3rd stiker. But i have made up my mind to play 442 for the initial weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

sanket wrote: »
    After a week's headache finally settled on this.
    Ederson
    Shaw Robertson Coleman Cedric
    Salah Sane Mkhi Jota
    Aguero Firmino

Stekelenberg ,Puncheon ,Wan-Biss ,Wells.
    Overall a strong starting 11.
    Only concern is a lack of 3rd stiker. But i have made up my mind to play 442 for the initial weeks.
    Edit just did Jota to Richarlison
    😉😉

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I’d really love a Salah injury to shake up Pre-season planning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Paully D wrote: »
    First chance I've got to sit down and do a proper, proper draft after a bit of messing around and tweaking here and there the last couple of weeks.

Here's where I'm at:

3a03e05d59024d3c1b101f5d8fd15e71.jpn

I've always wildcarded early and can't see that changing this season as I will want Kane in almost immediately upon his return to 90 minutes, so this is a team set up with the aim of taking advantage of the early fixtures, probably up as far as the first international break. I feel City, Liverpool, Everton and Watford have some of the best options as well as fixtures early doors and the team is clearly built with that in mind.

Anyway:

Goalkeeper: Somehow I end up starting yet another season (probably my 4th or 5th at this stage) with Ben Foster in goal. :o If I wasn't going with Mendy I'd probably have Ederson here, but due to my premium defensive options I'm a bit restricted in what I can spend on the position. The only other £4.5m option that can compete early with Watford's start is Begovic, but Bournemouth haven't kept a clean sheet since about 1994. In terms of exit strategy for when Watford's fixtures turn punishing at the break, you'd hope that Schmeichel or Pickford get that move to Chelsea and we get a fire and forget £5m premium option.

Defence: This is the most money I can ever remember spending on my defence at any stage of my playing of FPL, never mind just at the start! However, I really have a liking for attacking full backs this year. Mendy is a little risky which is not what you really want from a £6m defender of course, but man, look at his stats - per FF Scout "despite making just seven appearances in the entire campaign, just De Bruyne and Leroy Sané (£9.5m) registered more successful crosses from open play than Mendy’s eight, with 14 and nine respectively. Adding a further three appearances after a Gameweek 34 return, Mendy created nine chances and had five shots on goal in 361 minutes across the season as a whole. That averaged out at a key pass every 40.1 minutes, the next best in the City defence was Walker with one every 92.9." Robertson had the second most touches in the final third after making the LB spot his own, and I really like Coleman to have a bounce-back season under Silva who will allow his full-backs to attack. Southampton have a canny start (as they did last year I know!) and Cedric is another who registered excellent underlying stats when Hughes took over. Lots of attacking point potential in this group IMO. The 5th spot will be a £4.0m fodder.

Midfielders: Salah is Salah. I don't want to start without him as if he continues where he left off the season is over before it starts, whereas he's an easy downgrade to literally anyone if it goes wrong. Sane will be fresh and a solid option to start the season anyway before the others who were at the World Cup start getting introduced and the rotation kicks in. I'm a huge Richarlison fan and although he was frustrating last season, I watched him quite a bit and liked how he was still getting in good positions and felt he was a bit unlucky at times. I saw a comment earlier in the week about him from a stats guy (xG/expected goals) that went something like: "I'd rather take a punt on a guy who scored 8 goals from 15 expected than the other way around" and that sums up Richarlison for me. I like Watford's first 3 games a lot and Deulofeu is a cheap punt. If he does anything at all he's likely to offer a price rise or two. The £4.5m is just fodder and not necessarily going to be Masuaka at all.

Strikers: I'm hoping Aguero will be good for the first few weeks and then I'll probably use him as trade bait to get Kane in when the Jesus rotation starts. You'd be hoping beyond hope to get that Huddersfield game out of him at the very least before it happens mind! Firmino is a case of excellent form for Liverpool to go with excellent fixtures and a very workable price, although perhaps a slight risk? The 3rd choice striker role is nowhere near set in stone. Austin is also a big consideration here. In an ideal world, Ings goes to Palace as is being reported. That would allow to get him into that 3rd striker spot at £5.5m, and subsequently give me an extra £0.5m to upgrade the £4.5m midfielder spot to Kenedy or someone of that ilk.

Issues I see:

- Mendy and Firmino a little risky, which is not ideal for what they cost
    - The 3rd striker slot is a huge dilemma
    - Perhaps too much invested in defence. For example, downgrading say Coleman to a £4.5m and playing Cedric who has a nice start, would allow me to throw Zaha/Arnautovic into that 3rd striker spot

Any thoughts or critique is most welcome. :)

Put my team together last night and it is pretty much the same defensive unit as yourself bar I had Jags over your Coleman.

I had 1.0mil ITB, thought I’d check Coleman’s price & see he is only 5.5mil. Without being a copy cat I just think that’s a no brainer to make that upgrade. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Hi lads,

First draft, what do we think, planning to WC in GW 8

Fab

Shaw Keane Robertson

David Silva, Salah, Erickson, Mkhit, Richarlidson

Tosun Augero

subs Kamara, Van Bissaka, Bednarek, Speroni.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I must say I'm quite happy with my team currently, thoughts?

Fab, Foster
    Wan Bissaka, Shaw, Daniels, Cedric, PVA
    Chalobah, Ralls, Salah, Alexis, Mkhitaryan
    Aguero, Firmino, Tosun

Probably go 433 to start off. Really like the look of Alexis for the start of the season. Toss up between Aguero and Auba but need City cover and can cover Arsenal with Mkhi.

Was without Salah in my drafts for a long time but it's too risky to go without. Also Firmino has massive ownership and I fancy Tosun to fire from the off. Apparently Ralls is on pens, any better 5.0 options appreciated :)

Is Daniels not a risk, the Brooke lad that they signed seems to be highly rated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    I’d really love a Salah injury to shake up Pre-season planning

Even as a United fan, I wouldn't be wishing ill on any footballer :confused:

Advertisement