Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A/R/TIST IN THE SPOTLIGHT - KELLYGIRL

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Really enjoying your answers Kellygirl :)

What's the most interesting thing you've read or seen this week?

What skill would you like to master?

What would be the most amazing adventure that you'd like to go on?

When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?

What do you wish you knew more about?

Any quirks?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭BrownEyes79

Hey Kellygirl, loving all your answers so far. I’m in awe of all your achievements over the past year and I’m looking forward to seeing what you do in the next 12 months

1) Have you ever lived in any other country and why?
    2) Apart from slow down, what’s the best piece of running advice you’ve received?
    3) Favourite running hairstyle?
    4) How many laps of the pool can you swim?
    5) Do you tan up or go au natural for races?
    6) Are you a night owl or early riser?
    7) Favourite meal of the day?
    9) Favourite movie?
    10) Have you ever saved anyone in the pool or sea?
    11) Would you ever think of doing a triathlon?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,551 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Sport you reckon is a bit mental, but would give it a go anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Neady83 wrote: »
    Really enjoying your answers Kellygirl :)

What's the most interesting thing you've read or seen this week?

Thanks Neady. I finishing reading Advanced Marathoning this week. I haven’t read any sort of book in ages as never get time but found this really interesting and I made time to keep picking it up. I feel I learned loads from it.
    What skill would you like to master?
    I’d love to be able to cut vegetables like the guys on Masterchef!! The speed they slice veg at is unreal!
    What would be the most amazing adventure that you'd like to go on?

There’s an Ultra in Bhutan that my brother and sister in law have done that they rave about. They’ve done all sorts of week long ultras but that particular one they both loved. It’s called The Last Secret. Will never happen as hugely expensive and my family are too young.
    When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?

Good question! Often to mind kids these days. Used be to help people with CVs or interview skills.
    What do you wish you knew more about?

I have quite a few interests that I wish I knew more about. Nutrition is one. I’ve always loved cooking and had an interest in it. I’d love to know more about the science of food and how it works in your body and helps running etc. I started a course online but just didn’t have time to continue with it.
    Any quirks?

I’d say I have loads. Was thinking about this earlier as I was hanging clothes out on the line. Then it dawned on me always takes me ages as I hang everything in such a way that all each person’s clothes are altogether and then when taking them off the line everything gets folded in the order they will be put away. Very annoying when it rains and stuff gets messed up :rolleyes: Maybe that’s OCD rather than a quirk, haha! I bet if I asked a few people they’d give me a list!

Hey Kellygirl, loving all your answers so far. I’m in awe of all your achievements over the past year and I’m looking forward to seeing what you do in the next 12 months

Thank you!
    1) Have you ever lived in any other country and why?

Used travel loads with my first job and go on contracts to various places. Had 3 months in Australia, 9 months in Cameroon in Africa, nearly a year in Sweden. All amazing times in their own way. I then left that job and moved to Poland for two years. That was a mad time. Worked hard in my own business and played hard too!
    2) Apart from slow down, what’s the best piece of running advice you’ve received?

It has to be how to pace Dublin last year.
    3) Favourite running hairstyle?

Hair up in a ponytail or bun.
    4) How many laps of the pool can you swim?

I actually don’t know. I spend minimum 8 hours in a pool teaching each week but I just stand in the centre and teach. I never swim anymore.
    5) Do you tan up or go au natural for races?

Normally au natural but I’ll confess I tanned up the legs for Cork and first time ever to do that. The weather took so long to get good that I didn’t start wearing shorts until the middle of May so I got the fake tan out for a few weeks.
    6) Are you a night owl or early riser?

Night Owl but early riser by default too. I know I don’t get enough sleep.
    7) Favourite meal of the day?

Dinner. I don’t make much effort with breakfast or lunch but love my dinner.
    9) Favourite movie?

The old ones - Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, Pitch Perfect recently.
    10) Have you ever saved anyone in the pool or sea?

No thank god - as in never had reason to. I’m a trained life guard and I renew it every two years but never had to use it.
    11) Would you ever think of doing a triathlon?

I would but the cost of the bike and the time to train for all the parts put me off for now.

Sport you reckon is a bit mental, but would give it a go anyway?

Bobsleighing. I did it once on a ski holiday but would be fun to do it a bit more as opposed to just sitting in and enjoying the ride.

Last day of questions before I find the next A/R/Tist!

Hi all, my time in the spotlight is now over. It’s been fun actually and thanks for all the questions.

I’ve found the next willing A/R/Tist but we are going to wait a few weeks and start it up again then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Only reading back now! Very interesting Kellygirl, well done, great reading. I'm looking forward to the next installment already ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Kellygirl wrote: »
    Hi all, my time in the spotlight is now over. It’s been fun actually and thanks for all the questions.

I’ve found the next willing A/R/Tist but we are going to wait a few weeks and start it up again then.

The next victim chicken out?!!

OOnegative wrote: »
    The next victim chicken out?!!

I’ll get back to you on that! Let me see if they are ready :-)

The next A/R/Tist will be along in a few days time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

The suspense is unreal!!!!! C'mon already :D:D

Advertisement