Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

July 12th - An Orgy of Hate

• 08-07-2018 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

Parades of hate happen on the island of Ireland around this time. And it makes me feel disgusted. Every single person who marches in the name of the Orange Order should be illuminated for the pond feeding scum that they are.

The sooner they die out the better in my opinion.

Are triumphalist racist nasty parades good for the island of Ireland? 433 votes

The Orange Order are pond feeding scum.
    0% 0 votes
    I love the Orange Order and everything that they stand for.
    100% 433 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

A fella I know from up there was telling me the two sides hang out during them the old people just hate each other now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,549 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Oh my my my oh my my my oh my my my my Jauly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Parades of hate happen on the island of Ireland around this time. And it makes me feel disgusted. Every single person who marches in the name of the Orange Order should be illuminated for the pond feeding scum that they are.

Yeah that’s the attitude you want when you wonder why the orange order still march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Why would you want them lit up? <insert petrol bomb joke here>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

godtabh wrote: »
    Yeah that’s the attitude you want when you wonder why the orange order still march

Ah, a prime example of victim blaming at its finest. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Thanks for changing Jauly to July Mods. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I worked with a guy on a building site in Co. Louth in 1998. He was Protestant and worked with a Catholic crew from the north. Nicest guy on the site. However, he disappeared from the job from the weekend of July 12th without notice. He reappeared on TV about a week later front row wearing the sash in Drumcree. He lost his job due to failure to turn up. As I said, he was a lovely guy but July 12th is like a full moon to some people and sense does not prevail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

A fella I know from up there was telling me the two sides hang out during them the old people just hate each other now.

lies they don't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

For most of them their hatred and bigotted views is what drives them to get out of bed in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Yep , they have a march in Donegal every year..policed by all of two Gardai or so along with a couple of hundred Orange Men living in the republic.

Orange men can attend Catholic funerals and weddings once they don't attend the religious service end of it.

Lots turn a blind eye nowadays , my friend is married to an Orange man , he loves a good wedding and funeral according to himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

when i voted for the peace process i was under the belief we (both north and south) were voting to respect both traditions.
    let them march , smile and say " good on you neighbour".
    We will never have peace without showing the others they have nothing to fear and will be accepted.

sad to see the OP on the side of the real ira and their ilk..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone that plays Pokemon Go in Dublin city centre has probably seen the orange order pokestop on Dawson Street marching season used to be a scary time in Belfast if you were from down south it's years since I was up there around parade times funny auld city on days like July 12 or easter Tuesday doesn't really be much agro now and you make a killing selling ivory coast flags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

There's a lodge in South Donegal. Can't remember which Town/Village, but they have a march. Not sure about the Catholic Weddings/Funerals part though.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    There's a lodge in South Donegal. Can't remember which Town/Village, but they have a march. Not sure about the Catholic Weddings/Funerals part though.

Rossnowlagh and it was this weekend the Donegal 12th

We will never have peace without showing the others they have nothing to fear and will be accepted by the other.

You should take the time to listen to the speeches that are served up that these events from supposed men of God. Nothing but hatred and bile for everything from the south. And these same views have been passed down as 'tradition' long before the provisional IRA was formed.

Then come back and talk to me about 'accepting' the other side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

when i voted for the peace process i was under the belief we (both north and south) were voting to respect both traditions.
    We will never have peace without showing the others they have nothing to fear and will be accepted.

Ah yeah, so you voted for the tradition of building giant bonfires so the Irish tricolour could go up in flames. Spot on bud. I get you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thought this was another 'England might win World Cup' thread!

lies they don't

I hope he is in tomorrow I’m going to tell him exactly what he is. I’ll tell him I know he’s a liar because a fella on the internet told me

No issue with them marching, but no need to cause tension trying to march in certain areas when they can march with out causing the tension in other areas

• Advertisement

I hope he is in tomorrow I’m going to tell him exactly what he is. I’ll tell him I know he’s a liar because a fella on the internet told me

Cheers take it from someone who lives in the North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Chaos Tourist

Imagine going to one of their marches dressed as an orange.

74080.jpg

And some of you want a united Ireland... ain't never, ever going to happen....too many lunatics on both side of the divide

The lunatics shouldn't be allowed win. And eventually, they won't be allowed.

Cheers take it from someone who lives in the North

But he lives in the north too. Are you one of the auld lads he was talking about?

You should take the time to listen to the speeches that are served up that these events from supposed men of God. Nothing but hatred and bile for everything from the south. And these same views have been passed down as 'tradition' long before the provisional IRA was formed.

Then come back and talk to me about 'accepting' the other side.

i understand your point but we live in the NOW post 1994 ceasefire and 1998(?) referendum. Times gave changed...banging on about the past does nobody any good.

You are resonsible for your own actions and if you want peace dont rise to the bait of some flutes..and act as you should.

Ive stayed in quite orange areas up and they were lovely people...i suspect the rabble we see on tv are the disenfranchised living in sink estates rather than the bulk of unionism.
    rioters are a scum who'd riot for any cause for a 2 litre of cider and a sniff of coke.

Aye, the two sides generally 'hang out', especially around north Belfast. They usually spend the afternoon the local skateboard park which is followed up by an all inclusive bonfire during the evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I wonder who Ian Junior will be bringing to his local parade?

But he lives in the north too. Are you one of the auld lads he was talking about?

No considering I am part of the mixed sports team I am part of the mixing younger ones just would never go to the bonfire or 12th Marches

• Advertisement

Aye, the two sides generally 'hang out', especially around north Belfast. They usually spend the afternoon the local skateboard park which is followed up by an all inclusive bonfire during the evening.

Maybe he is from a decent area. He has a job and stuff. Probably different to the rough areas where people just want a reason to be animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Hey look ,you asked and answered your own question.

By the way some of my family are Protestant , a prod is way of poking something.

Ah yeah, so you voted for the tradition of building giant bonfires so the Irish tricolour could go up in flames. Spot on bud

yes in a sense i did. i voted for peace and there was a price to pay for that.

i knew some of the compromise would be unpleasant . I did in my hoop want to give up articles 2 & 3 of the constitution but it was a worthy price for peace.

i remember the troubles and if a few yahoos on the lash once a year is the remainder ...then fcuk it i can live with that

Patww79 wrote: »

It's a hate filled anti Irish anti non white anti gay anti inclusive parades and fire.

It's the most disgusting thing that happens on the island of Ireland in 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

close your curtains, put on a good movie with some popcorn and beer or something similar

take away their supposed power of triumphalism

yes in a sense i did. i voted for peace and there was a price to pay for that.

i knew some of the compromise would be unpleasant . I did in my hoop want to give up articles 2 & 3 of the constitution but it was a worthy price for peace.

i remember the troubles and if a few yahoos on the lash once a year is the remainder ...then fcuk it i can live with that

Good for you.

But you're wrong. A few 'yahoos' is not equal to loads of parades and massive bonfires of the Irish flag.

• Advertisement

It's a hate filled anti Irish anti non white anti gay anti inclusive parades and fire.

So... what are you going to do about it other than get angry behind a keyboard?

Wait what? It’s anti gay?

Something will be done about this immediately.

Why didn’t you tell us that from the start

verycool wrote: »
    So... what are you going to do about it other than get angry behind a keyboard?

I'm not angry. Pointing out facts online is different to that. :)
    Wait what? It’s anti gay?

Something will be done about this immediately.

Why didn’t you tell us that from the start

The Orange Order is inherently anti gay. Wonder why it was that point that you picked up on? ;)

I'm not angry. Pointing out facts online is different to that. :)

The Orange Order is inherently anti gay. Wonder why it was that point that you picked up on? ;)

That’s the selling point the people will care about. Me to be honest wouldn’t care if they flattened the whole of the 6 counties and scattered every person to different countries around the world in small equal numbers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Can't wait until the 12th and 13th. 

Yep , they have a march in Donegal every year..policed by all of two Gardai or so along with a couple of hundred Orange Men living in the republic.

Orange men can attend Catholic funerals and weddings once they don't attend the religious service end of it.

Lots turn a blind eye nowadays , my friend is married to an Orange man , he loves a good wedding and funeral according to himself.
    Don't ruin the narrative! Looking forward to talking to many orange members next week.

• Advertisement

That’s the selling point the people will care about. Me to be honest wouldn’t care if they flattened the whole of the 6 counties and scattered every person to different countries around the world in small equal numbers.

There's no selling point when it comes to a parade lead by scumbags, and followed by pieces of sh1t.

Hang on, they're "anti gay" AND "inclusive" :confused::p
    There's no selling point when it comes to a parade lead by scumbags, and followed by pieces of sh1t.

Yes... more "facts" (I'm trying to argue that opinion doesn't equate to facts).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

I'm sure they can say the same about parades on Easter Sunday.

Hundreds of thousands of pieces of **** on this Island then.

Yes... more "facts" (I'm trying to argue that opinion doesn't equate to facts).

So the Orange Order are pro gay?

How many bonfires are lit up to burn the Union flag? They ain't comparable in the slightest.
    Taytoland wrote: »

Are there really 100,000's Orange men, women and children? Don't most people of a Protestant disposition are actually sound out.
    It's the triumphalist parades and the giant bonfires of hate is wrong. They WILL die out eventually, maybe not in my lifetime. But there are bigger fish to fry in the future. Petty feudalism in Ireland will be dead in the future.

Yes...  more "facts" (I'm trying to argue that opinion doesn't equate to facts).

So the Orange Order are pro gay?

How many bonfires are lit up to burn the Union flag? They ain't comparable in the slightest.
    Taytoland wrote: »

Are there really 100,000's Orange men, women and children? Don't most people of a Protestant disposition are actually sound out.
    It's the triumphalist parades and the giant bonfires of hate is wrong. They WILL die out eventually, maybe not in my lifetime. But there are bigger fish to fry in the future. Petty feudalism in Ireland will be dead in the future.
    Thousands of actual members from all over Ireland, lodges spanning from Africa to the US and Canada and hundreds of thousands of people who attend events on the Island every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Parades of hate
    As long as people like you and the order go on hating on each other the conflict will continue,

Patww79 wrote: »

We should have banned any in Ireland, it's not right here. Whatever you do in your own country is up to yourselves.[/quote]
    Why? Rossnowlagh held an event the other day and it does well for the local economy I am sure, people in the crowd with GAA tops too. I don't see how Leo Varadkar would go about banning it when just the other week he made a visit to the Orange center and is supporting reconciliation. Remember the Tri colour has orange on it.

Ulster Plantation happen way before Northern Ireland existed, so it was all 9 counties, Leitrim is close enough they could have settled their too

• Advertisement
Advertisement