Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rowlagh Park, Clondalkin

• 08-07-2018 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm working in this area, but commuting. I'll be spending time working in the area for between 6 - 12 months. At the start I'll be spending nearly all the weekdays in Dublin. Rowlagh Park is within walking distance of the workplace, which is ideal for me as I enjoy building a walk into route to work.

Now, I'm considering the above area. I've seen some bad press, and wouldn't really worry about my own safety. However, would parking a premium car (say, 171 BWM M3) be a bad idea. It's likely to be parked on the kerb outside the house. Parking the car at work overnight would not be an option.

I don't mean to insult anyone, happy to hear it would not be a worry more so than most areas in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Hello,

I'm working in this area, but commuting. I'll be spending time working in the area for between 6 - 12 months. At the start I'll be spending nearly all the weekdays in Dublin. Rowlagh Park is within walking distance of the workplace, which is ideal for me as I enjoy building a walk into route to work.

Now, I'm considering the above area. I've seen some bad press, and wouldn't really worry about my own safety. However, would parking a premium car (say, 171 BWM M3) be a bad idea. It's likely to be parked on the kerb outside the house. Parking the car at work overnight would not be an option.

I don't mean to insult anyone, happy to hear it would not be a worry more so than most areas in Dublin.

Maybe Ronanstown Garda station will let you park there.
    Where exactly are you working? I’m sure there’s more than one location to choose from if you’re so worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Maybe Ronanstown Garda station will let you park there.
    Where exactly are you working? I’m sure there’s more than one location to choose from if you’re so worried.

About 30 minutes walk East of Rowlagh Park. Have been using Daft and MyHome. Can move further out, but lose the possibility of walking to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Rowlagh Park itself is probably one of the better Community Based estates in the area to be fair. Rowlagh is fairly settled with nice families.

The surrounding areas (walking distance) are not.

I park at the post office sometimes during the day and I watch my posh car like a hawk.

Would I relax in parking my premium car car there overnight.

NO.

(Thought this thread had to be a wind up)

anewme wrote: »

(Thought this thread had to be a wind up)

Nope, just don't know the area.

Nope, just don't know the area.

I do, I know it well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

The eye will be on that car in a short enough time if your leaving it parked up, as above the estate isn't the worst but what surrounds it and passes through can be. Park in the Fonthill retail park over by homebase, it's usually quiet that end of the carpark and would be a safer option for you and the car.

Have organised another location. Will just need to join a local gym.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Where's the new location?

5500 wrote: »
    The eye will be on that car in a short enough time if your leaving it parked up, as above the estate isn't the worst but what surrounds it and passes through can be. Park in the Fonthill retail park over by homebase, it's usually quiet that end of the carpark and would be a safer option for you and the car.

Would't be happy parking a new BMW overnight in any unattended car park either. Saw photos on facebook this morning of some poor unfortunate who left their (old 03)car overnight at ParkWest. Not a window left in it.

New flashy cars would even be more of a magnet.

Advertisement