Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search indexing seems to have paused or stalled over the last few days?

• 08-07-2018 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

I'm aware that the most recent post by a user generally isn't indexed by search (so if you use "find all posts by [yourself]" in your profile to return to conversations, it won't show the most recent post you've made) but according to my own profile search link, I last posted on Boards three and a half days ago. I know for a fact that I've contributed to threads on AH and the Weather forum since then, and I'm pretty sure I posted in a thread on Politics as well.

Is this an isolated incident or is the search hamster on the mushrooms again?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi hatrickpatrick, there was an issue with search indexing which was fixed this morning. All should be back to normal for you now. No hamsters were harmed in the fixing of this issue :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Hi hatrickpatrick, there was an issue with search indexing which was fixed this morning. All should be back to normal for you now. No hamsters were harmed in the fixing of this issue :D

Good to know. I was in no way advocating for the overworking of any hamster, but i hope the hamster would understand that when you tend to post as often as I do after coming home from the pub, being expected to actually remember which threads you might have to revisit to reply to replies is about as unreasonable as expecting Father Ted to remember what happened to the money that was just resting in his account.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement